70 is the magic number

Asiankanasian69

Did the easter egg a few nights ago with some buddies and came to the lack luster achievement of completing the easter egg with the trophy popping up and not much else other than some beams that shot from the light posts to the pylon. We didn't put much thought into what light posts we EMP'd we just made teleporters on all of them, threw our EMP down jump and throw it down again making it to where no matter what we would hit 4 light posts with the EMP... Got me thinking that we did it right yet wrong at the same time, I wrote down all the combinations of what lights it could be using numbers 1-8 not repeating any number (eg: 1,2,3,4 and 2,1,3,4) was not written down as that's the same combination. I came to 70 different combinations that it could possibly be, could that maybe be why we can't get the nav table to read our cards? Sorry if this has been topic'd about already!

Cheers Y'all

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if that seemed botched up, at work right now, if you put the numbers like this

So on and so forth never having the same numbers in any combination whereof then end result is 70 different combinations that it could possibly be to correctly get them in the right order for the rest of the egg to continue on. What do you guys think, might this be the case?

• Administrators

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about the tertiary system that Maxis says? You were EMP'ing the streetlights, so I assume you did Richtofen's side. In that case, I'm pretty sure the system does not apply to him. But when doing Maxis' side using the Turbines, there are said to be four particular locations that you can use to complete the Side Quest for the Achievement:

- Bus Depot streetlight across the Mystery Box

- Town streetlight in front of the shed

- Underneath the pylon (usually done already when EMP'ing "Him"

- Town streetlight near the exit before the lava pool

Richtofen does not require any particular locations to EMP; just as long as you can reduce the energy current on four streetlights within a 3-5 second timeframe.

I hope to God you didn't waste your time writing down all the different combinations there are for emping lamp posts. A simple math formula would have solved in 2 seconds.

Anyway, what exactly are we supposed to with this number 70? Are we supposed to try the navcard table when we have exactly 70 points?

• Administrators

I hope to God you didn't waste your time writing down all the different combinations there are for emping lamp posts. A simple math formula would have solved in 2 seconds.

Anyway, what exactly are we supposed to with this number 70? Are we supposed to try the navcard table when we have exactly 70 points?

The OP is saying that there are 70 possible combinations to using the streetlights for EMP'ing. There may be an offset chance the order may do something with Maxis, but not with Richtofen.

It's not necessarily a waste of time if it does come out to solving the tertiary system; but because it's not exactly a very crucial step, I wouldn't hold onto it too much. Still, it's great to have every bit of detail we can on it. ;)

I did do richtofens side, I just felt like there should be more to it, and the possible chance that it is set up on a lottery winning combination of getting 1 of 70 different ways you could EMP the lights might actually trigger something new or activating a "next" step, I know about the maxis quote and used that as sort of a basis for how toEMP the lights, nothing is really said but we stilll have the beams shooting from the 4 light posts that we EMP'd, whole point of my topic is just a "what if" kind of situation! Just food for thought really.

The only problem with this theory is that literally the game files have been gone over with a fine toothed comb and they find no more objective related audio clips from Richtofen. I too am a firm believer that this feels unfinished, but we have to accept that Green Run EE is a DUD. Sad as it is to say, the EE was short lived and extremely frustrating. I dont get why they would make it so incomplete, but maybe they intend to add to it, or possibly even already have.

The only problem with this theory is that literally the game files have been gone over with a fine toothed comb and they find no more objective related audio clips from Richtofen. I too am a firm believer that this feels unfinished, but we have to accept that Green Run EE is a DUD. Sad as it is to say, the EE was short lived and extremely frustrating. I dont get why they would make it so incomplete, but maybe they intend to add to it, or possibly even already have.

I personally don't think it is a dud. While on this site I read a that the zombies mode would be more like a campaign and the tower of babble is really only the main mission not the actual easter egg. From what I have heard and read *since I can't really play it on solo* that there is a lot more that we are missing. What it is that we are missing I don't know, there is lots of things that could actually be the easter egg, and I don't think that we will actually know for a while, even if somebody has already accidentally done the 'real' easter egg and just either, not being able to, or simply has not told the community at large.

So there are 8 lights?

I'm sure this has been tried... but what if when doing Richtofen's EE instead of blowing money on the box for EMP's could you place four turbines at four lamps and then turn the power off? Effectively lowering the power by a factor of 4?