Sliquifier

yourmapper

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a sound bite floating around of a wonder weapon for die rise that was taken from the coding from what I understand. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it here though... :?

I highly doubt it's legit. How could one obtain a sound file for an unreleased DLC, then go on to tell no more information? I mean, if you already have the DLC, or at least had access to it to get a sound file, then why not tell people of other information you discovered? Doesn't make sense to me that there's only a sound file floating around with no information.

Anyway, I believe this weapon to somehow be incorporated with water, or perhaps even acid. Melt the zombies to death. Oo rah, gutterslugs.

The zombies fall down and bump their heads.

Then that Wonderweapon is a walking Lawsuit waiting to happen, there's nothing worse then arguing it out in court with a zombie lawyer.

Haha.

Onto guessing ideas.

I'm personally thinking and or hunching it melts the zombies into goo. We are long overdue for a MeltingyWonderweaponythingy.

I don't know what the S means, but as you all probably know liquifying is causing something to change from solid to liquid. This is most commonly achieved through exposure to heat. A prime example is ice to water. So it will certainly operate by heating zombies to melting point. this could be achieved through fire or blasts of energy. Those aren't the only possibilities but they are the first to come to mind when I think of a futuristic weapon, that hasn't been used before.

I don't know what the S means, but as you all probably know liquefying is causing something to change from solid to liquid. This is most commonly achieved through exposure to heat. A prime example is ice to water. So it will certainly operate by heating zombies to melting point. this could be achieved through fire or blasts of energy. Those aren't the only possibilities but they are the first to come to mind when I think of a futuristic weapon, that hasn't been used before.

Good idea! I think the name "Sliquifier" is a portmanteau of "slick" or "slippery" and "liquifer". What this could mean, I'm not certain.

• Administrators

Good idea! I think the name "Sliquifier" is a portmanteau of "slick" or "slippery" and "liquifer". What this could mean, I'm not certain.

Well, then let's dissect it a bit more.

If we go by the image, it's safe to assume that slipping will be involved in some form. With what has already been perceived before me, the Sliquifier is more than likely a Wonder Weapon which creates a small layer of ice to form on the surface, causing zombies to "slip" to their eminent demise. What demise is that, I am not too sure - it could be into a wall, down the elevator shaft, so on and so forth.

Liquid nitrogen can reach an extremely low temperature of −210 °C (freezing). With the right reaction and catalysts, it can become deadly and extremely cold enough to form ice crystals. Perhaps this Wonder Weapon holds a similar element/compound that will freeze upon spray.

http://web.physics.ucsb.edu/~circus/liquidn2demo.htm

It might as well be an sno-cone maker. :lol:

Maybe it doesn't necessarily make them slip per say, but rather is a wonder weapon revolving around water somehow. I don't believe we've had one of those yet (unless you count the winter's howl as ice is technically water). Like maybe it's just a highly pressurized blast of water?

That's similar to what I was thinking. It has something to do with water. Perhaps we will be carrying a 115-powered water gun? :lol:

I don't know what the S means, but as you all probably know liquefying is causing something to change from solid to liquid. This is most commonly achieved through exposure to heat. A prime example is ice to water. So it will certainly operate by heating zombies to melting point. this could be achieved through fire or blasts of energy. Those aren't the only possibilities but they are the first to come to mind when I think of a futuristic weapon, that hasn't been used before.

WHAT IF, and I'm going out on a very long limb here, it shot acid that only affects flesh? Heat gun sounds far more plausible though.

WHAT IF, and I'm going out on a very long limb here, it shot acid that only affects flesh? Heat gun sounds far more plausible though.

That is ALSO something I contemplated in another thread somewhere.

These keep popping up and I keep posting in them. :?

Well, then let's dissect it a bit more.

If we go by the image, it's safe to assume that slipping will be involved in some form. With what has already been perceived before me, the Sliquifier is more than likely a Wonder Weapon which creates a small layer of ice to form on the surface, causing zombies to "slip" to their eminent demise. What demise is that, I am not too sure - it could be into a wall, down the elevator shaft, so on and so forth.

Liquid nitrogen can reach an extremely low temperature of −210 °C (freezing). With the right reaction and catalysts, it can become deadly and extremely cold enough to form ice crystals. Perhaps this Wonder Weapon holds a similar element/compound that will freeze upon spray.

http://web.physics.ucsb.edu/~circus/liquidn2demo.htm

It might as well be an sno-cone maker. :lol:

Very good, I support this theory.

I have a feeling it just shoots liquid on the ground that the zombies can slip on.

Well at least I want it to be that, because that would be funny as hell

What if it actually liquifies the zombies, turns them into a slippery goo, and then every other zombie (or player) who runs into the goo slides in the direction they were headed, maybe out a window...

So they are sliding on the guts of the sliquified dead.

Apart from a few exceptions like the Thundergun and the Wave gun, all wonderwapons have major drawbacks that keep them from becoming too over-powered. Most often this simply involves splash damage. Perhaps once you liquefy zombies it leaves that area of floor with no traction (slippery) with their melted bodies?

Also one thing to bear in mind is that your theories about making the floor slippery or using water or ice on them don't actually involve the process of liquification, so we can pretty much rule them out. Not that they aren't good ideas.

And if the zombies aren't being liquified, what on earth is? The ground? That makes what kind of sense?

Maybe it doesn't necessarily make them slip per say, but rather is a wonder weapon revolving around water somehow. I don't believe we've had one of those yet (unless you count the winter's howl as ice is technically water). Like maybe it's just a highly pressurized blast of water?

my guess is twofold: a) i think it is going to melt/liquify the zombies

however i think this will coat the floor making it slippery and easier to lose control/slide out a window/elevator shaft and die