Achievements!

LegitimateRage

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The High Maintenance achievement interests me, but only because of the fact that it says "Be the architect of THEIR INSTRUCTION." I don't think that Richtofen or Maxis require us to create any instruction for them, so what if this means.... We're constructing some way to contact the O4 and INSTRUCT them to do something?

Hrm, well, I have something to say in regards to the dragon achievement.

I remember one of the news outlet sights had omitted something from their original post, changing it to something more ambiguous. They said of taking the elevator with all four people would lead to a new place.

What I am thinking is that either a) the "dragon" is the elevator or B) the "dragon" resides within the new area accessible by the elevator.

Also, just something to point out...

There's a clear image of a dragon on the left in the map selection image.

Hrm, well, I have something to say in regards to the dragon achievement.

I remember one of the news outlet sights had omitted something from their original post, changing it to something more ambiguous. They said of taking the elevator with all four people would lead to a new place.

What I am thinking is that either a) the "dragon" is the elevator or B) the "dragon" resides within the new area accessible by the elevator.

Also, just something to point out...

There's a clear image of a dragon on the left in the map selection image.

Yeah, but that it's outside of the skyscrappers. That means we can go out of the buildings?

Maybe that Dragon Head activates the special feature of the map. An odd example: Gravitatory change.

Idk, but I'm really excited.

• Administrators

The dragon sign - which is what it looks like really - is a pretty good distance away from the tower. For all we know, it could be where the Pack-a-Punch resides. If you dare venture to that particular area, who knows what will come in your path (I don't think zombie dragons will be making an appearance anytime soon).

We also have to bear in mind the Achievement states to encounter it before Round 2. I have never heard of any zombie bosses that came before Round 5/6 based off Hellhounds and Space Monkeys. I have an odd feeling that this requires us to go out of the tower (if possible) or access a certain area to approach the "Dragon".

What if the dragon comes to us? Maybe it floats through the elevator shafts and breaths paper fire :lol: But on a serious note, what if it came through the shafts, coming from the outside to the crumbled inside of the building? Causing the shafts to be even more dangerous!

The dragon sign - which is what it looks like really - is a pretty good distance away from the tower. For all we know, it could be where the Pack-a-Punch resides. If you dare venture to that particular area, who knows what will come in your path (I don't think zombie dragons will be making an appearance anytime soon).

We also have to bear in mind the Achievement states to encounter it before Round 2. I have never heard of any zombie bosses that came before Round 5/6 based off Hellhounds and Space Monkeys. I have an odd feeling that this requires us to go out of the tower (if possible) or access a certain area to approach the "Dragon".

What if the dragon comes to us? Maybe it floats through the elevator shafts and breaths paper fire :lol: But on a serious note, what if it came through the shafts, coming from the outside to the crumbled inside of the building? Causing the shafts to be even more dangerous!

Well, I'm sure that it's not a literal dragon, but rather something else. Perhaps this elevator has an effect similar to the glass elevator in the Wonka books with all four people in it, causing it to "float" to the building with the dragon sign.

Now, this probably isn't related to the achievement, but I found out some new things.

The Chinese have those special "years" which are based on an animal of the Zodiac, with 12 in all. They cycle every year, and every 12 years, you'll be back with the animal you started with.

I picked out two Chinese Years of the Dragon and found some interesting tidbits.

1. Many people believe the timeline is still within the 60's. As such, here is the info for the Dragon year that corresponds.

13 February 1964 – 1 February 1965: Wood Dragon

If you were born within this time, you "have been born in the "Year of the Dragon," while also bearing the following elemental sign."

2. The main setting for Black Ops II is in 2025. As such, here is the the info for the Dragon year that corresponds.

10 February 2024 – 28 January 2025: Wood Dragon

Hmm, what's this? They're both Wood Dragons? I don't think this has any relevance, but I did think it was kind of neat.

My own best friend: revive yourself.

... Umm... Quick revive? Derp. Maybe they added a variation of the solo quick revive to multiplayer? If you can't rely on your team you get a chance to revive yourself. I'm sure we can all relate to that moment where you think "if I was up and and YOU were the one who got downed, I would have totally been able to revive me!" not any more! Plus it definitely involves a perk because the image is a bottle.

I think this could be like you say a quick revive like solo (instead of tombstone) or it might be like the new insta-kill power up or "persistent/perminent" perks. meaning if you revive players several times in one game (you may or may not need the QR perk) then you will have this. but again the question would be do you need to buy the normal QR and have done the revives? Just a possibility

sorry if someone has mentioned this but i read a lot of comments and didnt see anything and i need to get my rank up ready for tomorrow (lost blue eyes and have no tallies so im nearly a 2 boner!)

also what time is DLC available? im guessing midnight in CA (8am UK)?

Peace

The High Maintenance achievement interests me, but only because of the fact that it says "Be the architect of THEIR INSTRUCTION." I don't think that Richtofen or Maxis require us to create any instruction for them, so what if this means.... We're constructing some way to contact the O4 and INSTRUCT them to do something?

That was my original theory which I linked in the post I made before.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=24695

Isn't there some parade in China involving a dragon? I don't know much about China. xD

The Dragon is one of China's most signifcant symbols, if not the most. It has many different meanings in Chinese cultures. The presence of dragons within Chinese culture dates back several thousands of years with the discovery of a dragon statue dating back to the fifth millennium BC from the Yangshao culture in Henan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_dragon

Also, 2012 was the Year of the Dragon.

2013 is the Year of the Snake.

These achievements are .... interesting.

• Administrators

Isn't there some parade in China involving a dragon? I don't know much about China. xD

You are correct, friendo. There is a parade in China to signify the Chinese New Year. There is also something to go along the New Year. From what history tells us, there was an evil mythical lion-like creature called Nian who rampaged several villages and preyed on villagers. The only way to ward it off was to create a loud ruckus with drums and firecrackers. Villagers even placed red lanterns because it was widely believed that Nian was terrified of the color red. Hence, the "passing of Nian" became synonymous with the New Year.

I know it's not a dragon, but it is awfully similar to one, and the Chinese parades even have Nian's face on a dragon's body float. Weird, huh?

Here is an image of the typical dragon float:

The dragon is the symbol of strength, good luck, and supernatural forces. It's considered a mythological creature consisted of several animals combined. What Flammenwerfer is correct; one in particular that may pique your interest is the Wood Dragon.

The Wood Dragon (1964)

The Wood Dragon year began on February 13, 1964. The dragon is known for its attributes of force and power. Followers of the Wood Dragon are said to be very sexual with one another, and are deemed very lusty similar to the dragon. Other than this, the Wood Dragon is quite similar to many other dragons, in which they posses magical abilities.

also what time is DLC available? im guessing midnight in CA (8am UK)?

Peace

I'm pretty sure the XBL Marketplace updates at around 2 AM PST, but I'm not sure if that applies to you European folk as well. If anything, perhaps 10 AM for you, but 8 AM could also be true.

Cheers

How do we know these are legitimate? Last time we saw "Achievements" they were fake and leaked.

These were taken from Xbox.com

I'd be surprised if they're fake. Plus. They corrilate with all of the information we have been given so far. Not to mention the fact that It'd be futile to try to release fake achivements this late in the countdown to release.

Why do I get the sneering suspension "dragon" means "helecopter filled with undead pilots and juggernauts"....

I'd hate to break it to you, but zombies barely posess the brain power to be able to carry out basic motor skills. Piloting a helicopter? No way.

Not to mention that these zombies don't even WANT our brains. :P

Why do I get the sneering suspension "dragon" means "helecopter filled with undead pilots and juggernauts"....

I'd hate to break it to you, but zombies barely posess the brain power to be able to carry out basic motor skills. Piloting a helicopter? No way.

Not to mention that these zombies don't even WANT our brains. :P

Nah they just want to slap us a couple of times...,

And yeah that's a bit odd too about the zombies driving... I know they can't, and I doubt richtofen will... TEDD? Betraying scum...

But look we have a helecopter and a soposed "dragon"... What do you think? 4+6=10? It's just a matter of who is driving it... If anyone...

Dragon? I looked at this and had no idea... I think maybe you start out on a platform or like a street in china and there is a dragon similar to the ones on Chinese New Years and maybe something similar like that? This is probably the main that caught my attention, everything else was just, whatever. But dragon? You have to get it before round 2? I doubt it would be a boss because you have to kill it on round 1.

Maybe the dragon follows you around and you have to lead it through a trap to kill it. That would be unbelievebly amazing. But scrolling through this thread I have noticed not much speculation about the dragon, but I felt the need to give my two cents.

• Administrators

Dragon? I looked at this and had no idea... I think maybe you start out on a platform or like a street in china and there is a dragon similar to the ones on Chinese New Years and maybe something similar like that? This is probably the main that caught my attention, everything else was just, whatever. But dragon? You have to get it before round 2? I doubt it would be a boss because you have to kill it on round 1.

Maybe the dragon follows you around and you have to lead it through a trap to kill it. That would be unbelievebly amazing. But scrolling through this thread I have noticed not much speculation about the dragon, but I felt the need to give my two cents.

For all we know, the dragon could be anything - I have a feeling it may be related to the Denizen-like creatures that were spoken of in the recent reviews. Then again, your idea is very plausible. I'd like to see a mini-boss that constantly follows you around until it is dead like the Hellhounds, but more ferocious.

The Bus Driver? I doubt he'd be able to dislodge himself from the bus and somehow be reprogrammed to pilot aircraft.

The Bus Driver pertains to the Consolidated Coach Corporation Busline. I can 99.9% believe that we will never run into him on a vertical map such as this. Unless they did Consolidated Coach Corporation Airline. :lol: