DLC Idea: Texture Packs

Ok, so, basically my idea is that treyarch come up with a complete set of alternate textures for a map, and give us an option on the menu to switch between the traditional textures and a new one. For example, the old texture or traditional one could be of a destroyed area, while the alternate one presents the same map but pristine and undamaged.

It's a pretty simple idea, though I don't know how easy it would be to carry out. I personally would love playing on some old maps, fully repaired. Thoughts?

Edit: and the textures would in no way alter the layout of the map. It would be like nuketown / nuketown 2025. Exact same layout, just looks different.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds cool but I see no way that they would do this. They have to work on MP Maps and Zombies Maps so i doubt they could use resources to do this. I would rather them work on new content rather than re skins. Plus what you said about the not destroyed look would require more than just a re-skin. They would HAVE to re structure the mesh of the map in order for it to look even remotely good or would you rather be stuck with good looking building that are missing part of the structure and look more like a glitch rather than the design. Would be a cool idea in the future but I don't see it anytime soon.

It's a neat idea, yes, but could you imagine Die Rise/GLF? Yeah it looks pretty and nice, but it would still look weird being in a broken-in-half building that looks as richly as the queen! Not to mention that there are some areas that DEPEND on the broken down look.

But for Green Run and Nuketown? That would be so boss.

Well, think though, Flammen. They wouldn't have to ALL be nondestructed skins in the normal sense. Picture this: Die Rise, but it's snowing, and everything seems really, really, festive. It's because you're now in Santa's High Rise Workshop! The sewing machines? Yeah, they're now workbenches with half finished toys. The slide thing to get to the mystery box? A super happy red and white candy cane fun slide. The fall you can take at the beginning to get to the sniper rifle? A ball pit. Elves love ball pits. Now, what happened to the elves? Simple! They're now the kung fu nova crawlers, now in silly elf attire.

I have no idea why this was the first thing that came to my mind, it just did. Don't judge me.