Die Rise set before TranZit - The story starts here!

ShadowOfTheEve

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I have been a long time browser of the forums and this is my first time contributing.

Anyway, to the matter at hand, a while ago, me and a friend of mine (ArmouredHoneyBadger on these forums) were discussing how Die Rise would link to TranZit, and judging from the behind the scenes trailer, we can see a completely different apocalyptic scenario.

By this I am thinking about the meteorites coming down, the first thing I thought when I saw that was, "where have I seen that before?" and then it came to me, the meteorites rain hellfire on nuketown zombies... Which is set at the same time as Moon is, but of course then you could argue that Marlton is in the bunker and the zombies eyes are blue, so therfeore my theory is invalid.

HOWEVER, TranZit just seems to feel like it has been destroyed for a while, and I know that at the start of every game, Maxis says the line "Good, you've built the device, now do this.. blah de blah". I believe it is safe to say that this implies that he has already spoken to you about doing something and building something.

So my point is, I believe that Die Rise is where the crew originally meet, and I believe that it is either set during or after Nuketown zombies, but before TranZit...

So, anyone care to elaborate?

-Shadow

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I have been a long time browser of the forums and this is my first time contributing.

Anyway, to the matter at hand, a while ago, me and a friend of mine (ArmouredHoneyBadger on these forums) were discussing how Die Rise would link to TranZit, and judging from the behind the scenes trailer, we can see a completely different apocalyptic scenario.

By this I am thinking about the meteorites coming down, the first thing I thought when I saw that was, "where have I seen that before?" and then it came to me, the meteorites rain hellfire on nuketown zombies... Which is set at the same time as Moon is, but of course then you could argue that Marlton is in the bunker and the zombies eyes are blue, so therfeore my theory is invalid.

HOWEVER, TranZit just seems to feel like it has been destroyed for a while, and I know that at the start of every game, Maxis says the line "Good, you've built the device, now do this.. blah de blah". I believe it is safe to say that this implies that he has already spoken to you about doing something and building something.

So my point is, I believe that Die Rise is where the crew originally meet, and I believe that it is either set during or after Nuketown zombies, but before TranZit...

So, anyone care to elaborate?

-Shadow

Well, Green Run was ment to be in this DLC (it was too big a map to add in a DLC drop) hence the unfinished easter egg and the mysterious navcard table. This also proves why turned mode isnt on a smaller survival map in Great Leap Forward(Die Rise is the game mode). If the game is going in the order it was supposed to be in if Green Run was the map in DLC 1 then you are correct. Your points are valid too but if they are going in order of pre-planned map packs like BO1 then this is correct

I don't believe it. Simply because theres no good evidence besides "it looks like its been destroyed for awhile". Die Rise looks plenty destroyed to me. And also in the opening cutscene, the first thing it shows is a ball of purple light traveling from the US to China.

• Administrators

Treyarch puts the loading screens in chronological order, and in the Great Leap Forward loading screen, you can see the Green Run loading screen, or at least a portion of it, behind it. http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 44#p273339

On top of that, I believe that Green Run occurred in the 1980's (top link in my signature) and Great Leap Forward occurs after 2000 (check same link).

Sorry but you are wrong. The loading screen of Die Rise has a postcard of Bus Depot sticking out from the page behind.

Also, Maxis says in Die Rise that he can now talk without being interrupted by electrical devices ( I think that was the case, at least.), which refers back to TranZit where the devices interrupted him so he required to turn off the power.

I am sorry but your theory couldn't possibly be true. This is due to all the quotes we have gathered thus far in Die Rise from Richtofen and Maxis. Also the opening cutscene shows us being Teleported from the exact region that Green Run was in to this spot. Maxis states to us at the beginning that he no longer requires you to keep the power off so he can communicate with you, but in Green Run he did require it off and said it had to be off in order for communications to function.

Nuketown has already been proven to happen at the exact same time as Moon does so that already disproves that. We are on a different continent high up in the sky it is no surprise that things to us may not seem the same as they were in Green Run.

Edit: @Tac: first MMX now you Tac will you both stop Ninjaing me :'( its not fair.

Treyarch puts the loading screens in chronological order, and in the Great Leap Forward loading screen, you can see the Green Run loading screen, or at least a portion of it, behind it. viewtopic.php?f=147&t=28244#p273339

On top of that, I believe that Green Run occurred in the 1980's (top link in my signature) and Great Leap Forward occurs after 2000 (check same link).

It seem's to take place in 2025, with the Fridges on the ground looking like 2025 tech, and the SDC zombie models.

Yes I agree; Not true. But I'll give you something MUCH simpler; the solo cut-scene.

We CLEARLY see Richtofen take Stu from US to China. AND Russ/Marly/Misty talks to Stu like they know him, so they've met before.

I think Richtofen took all 4 of them from Tranzit to Die Rise, not just Stu. He's not shocked by Russ saving him. He knows who he is. We just get interrupted from him talking to Edward.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Green Run was ment to be in this DLC (it was too big a map to add in a DLC drop) hence the unfinished easter egg and the mysterious navcard table. This also proves why turned mode isnt on a smaller survival map in Great Leap Forward(Die Rise is the game mode). If the game is going in the order it was supposed to be in if Green Run was the map in DLC 1 then you are correct. Your points are valid too but if they are going in order of pre-planned map packs like BO1 then this is correct

Is there any evidence of this at all or are you just stating speculation like it's a fact?

Now, the teaser images of Black Ops II Zombies do resemble Die Rise more than TranZit (Misty in a destroyed city full of crumbling buildings) which would make it seem as if it were originally planned to be the first map. But beyond that I have seen no proof that Green Run was "supposed" to be DLC 1 but was "too big a map to add in a DLC drop". It's possible, and in some ways would make sense... but we still can't say that for sure.

The Easter Egg is not "unfinished". It most likely just has a weak reward because it's the first map in the game and they wanted to start off small and build up to something bigger. The Navcard table? Well, we're obviously seeing that we collect navcards in each map and will use them later (probably in the final map). And how does it "prove" why Turned isn't part of Great Leap Forward? Turned is a part of Green Run because Green Run has a lot of separate playable areas that lend themselves better to smaller, individual game modes.

I'm sorry, but this is the kind of stuff that bugs me about the Zombies community... people making assumptions and then stating them as if they are facts without anything to back it up.