OMGItsPatricio

'twas the eve of the eve before Die Rise and all through the Internet ditch,

People will be let down and others will bitch

Because their precious die rise will not be what they thought

And they'll spend their days holding that thought

Until the day the next map comes their way

They'll find a new reason to be pessimistic

And never realize how their so, so simplistic

What's up, enjoy my little intro (who knew I was a poet). I just want to list the most probable things people will constantly whine about after the release of Revolution on the 29th. As much as I hope I won't, ill most likely end up bitching too.

So here are the top five things people are most likely to not like about Die Rise (Great Leap Forward):

5. Verticality

Even though it was touted as a major selling point by our friend over at 3Arc (Rezza) it will most likely cause a bunch of stir the first time everyone boots up their game and dies by falling into some perilous chasm. Good players will get over it, bad players will just whine about fall damage and the fact that they left out a certain perk; which leads me on to my next point.

4. Lack of PhD Flopper

As much as I would like it to be there, I'm almost certain it won't. The fact that the map centers on verticality and the dangers it imposes (and that would be potentially alleviated with the use of Flopper) it would make sense for it to not be there (for the same reasons it wasn't in Green Run). It could return, in some form, as a persistent upgrade but that's also unlikely. With the recent patch we got 2 new P.U. (Persistent Upgrades) so I'm presuming those are the only two new ones in Die Rise (unless there are more to be discovered).

3. Elevator Transport

Now I'm not certain that the elevator is the primary method of transportation (as I've obviously haven't played the map), but reviewers like IGN etc have noted in their articles that the elevators are of relevance when transporting through the map. So, if we recall Green Run's mechanics, 3Arc offers 2 main forms of transport; vehicular transportation (bus) and on-foot/teleporters. One was safer but slower, and the latter one was much faster but had some risk involved. Now I'm going to assume that the elevators are the risky form of transportation. They are safer (I.e. no fall damage) but they have to have some form of risk. In green run we had the denizen face rapists, it's only natural that they'll include something similar (perhaps Nova gas zombies like the ones in Moon). So, this will make the elevator a death trap for the noobs and a challenge for the seasoned zombie player.

2. Midget Zombie Boss

Not too much is known about this; other than the fact it has its own round and that it bears a resemblance with the denizens of the forest. They have little health but can be a challenge if you stray away from the group (like monkeys from ascension). Again, I haven't played Die Rise so I can't know for sure, but if they are like the denizens and attack in groups, this could be a bad time (especially in solo).

1. Perks in Elevators

Now I agree that this is another of those stupid annoying gimmicks 3Arc puts in their games that no one enjoys. And that the people who say they do (I.e. "zombie master slayers" [virgins]) are lying. So, my best guess is that only speed cola and Juggernog will be in elevators (as they are regarded by 3Arc as being the most vital perks) and as we've seen in the trailer you have to be in the correct place at the correct time to receive that perk, and only one person can get it at a time; requiring some degree of teamwork (as if PaP'ng in green run co-op wasn't bad enough with randoms). So, this means that quick recovery from a down (getting jug after downing with a wave of zombies behind you) is near impossible. I get they want to add a challenge, but this is just stupid and if executed in the way I think it will, will mean many (including myself) will, in fact, be bitching.

Guess that concludes my list. If you guys have any more thoughts list them.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'll stay positive. I'm looking forward to it regardless. Worst case it'll be another Shangri-La.

And what was so "bad" about Shangri-La, exactly? I know from what the OP says, it does sound awfully similar to the map; however, it's not as bad as it might seem. We've never experienced vertical layouts before, so it definitely will be very different from what we're used to. The elevator may also be quite similar to Five's elevators with the small twist of being able to fall into the shaft. The perks inside the elevators make it even more challenging to access them quicker. The new "mini-bosses" may be similar to the astronaut monkey with an additional drop. As for PHD Flopper...well, it reminds me of Verruckt again.

More challenge doesn't necessarily make a map suck. If you can navigate through high rounds, great. If you can't, work out strategies and continue trying again.

My real gripe with Shangri-La was lack of open spaces to run, it's the map I desire to play the least. Sounds like Great Leap Forward may be similar in 'tightness'.

I personally disliked Five, and Verruckt; but love Shamgri-La. I guess I never gave those other maps a chance. Sure it's challenging but its one of the best looking maps IMO, and has my favorite Easter egg.

Hopefully Great Leap Forward won't be just tight claustrophobic aisles; but I guess what we can say for certain is that Die Rise won't be a easy map. They just better have a really good wonder weapon to help compensate.

More challenge doesn't necessarily make a map suck. If you can navigate through high rounds, great. If you can't, work out strategies and continue trying again.

Absolutely agree. And I'd also like to add that just because someone doesn't like a map or dislikes certain details or mechanics it doesn't necessarily mean they "suck". I think TranZit mode on Green Run is probably the easiest Zombies map ever, and I quit out of boredom on round 46. I still don't like a lot of things about it. One of the things I don't like is the limited perks... because perks are fun, not because I "suck" without them. This is why lines like;

Good players will get over it, bad players will just whine about fall damage and the fact that they left out a certain perk

annoy the hell out of me. That's such an unnecessarily dismissive and disrespectful attitude, and all too commonly thrown out when someone doesn't like something about a game. "Your opinion differs from mine. That's because you suck at this game." I had to hear that a million times when I said I thought the whole Romero thing in Call of the Dead was annoying and stupid. "Oh you just suck and can't deal with him. Cry more or get better at the game." Funny, since I had no problem getting to round 38 on that map, and got all perks pretty early in the game every time by repeatedly killing him, but I didn't know how to deal with him and sucked because I didn't like the idea and found him annoying.

Things can be difficult and fun. Things can often be easy and not fun. "I don't enjoy this" doesn't equate to "OMG I die too much and don't wanna put in any effort!" most of the time, but most of the internet seems to think otherwise.

Don't worry about it Mega...

Don't let a guy with 2 whole posts get you down.

I've pretty much given up on people going in to this with an open mind. Haters gonna hate and all that. Most of us will be enjoying the new map come Tuesday regardless of what the vocal minority think.

What I don't get are all the brand new accounts whose only purpose seems to be complaining about a game they hate.

Don't worry about it Mega...

Don't let a guy with 2 whole posts get you down.

I've pretty much given up on people going in to this with an open mind. Haters gonna hate and all that. Most of us will be enjoying the new map come Tuesday regardless of what the vocal minority think.

What I don't get are all the brand new accounts whose only purpose seems to be complaining about a game they hate.

Ok, I'm pretty sure you misunderstood my post's central purpose. I'm not hating (as for as I'm concerned I never even used the word "hate" in the post) I'm only trying to predict what people will think. I don't, by any means hate this game. If I did why would I waste my time writing a 300 word post, that's stupid. You just come and blindly acuse anyone of being a hater (seriously?). And I seriously doubt Mega is butt hurt enough for another fully grown man to come and comfort him. Yea, 2 posts my ass.

Keep this friendly, or a different Mega is going to have to have a word with those involved... ;)

And yes, whether or not I'll like it is debatable, but based on what we've heard so far this will be disliked by the majority as Shangri La, FIVE and Verruckt/Nacht was on BO.

I'll like it, and if I don't, I'll force myself to (like in Green Run).

by julpr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 pm im felling this map would have the same vibe as five and shangrila close quaters type

Not to many fans of this type of map, can wait for the hate threads on it lol

Said it earlier im gonna say it again...Can wait for the hate threads about Die Rise!

Close quarter maps will always be a nightmare for train whores, that wont play team stradegy game play.

Die rise aparently will be tight and as jimmy says in one of latest tweet:

From the first drawing of die rise on the white board wall in my office, all I could think was..."many people are going to fall". Good luck!

This map in my opinion will be one of the hardest made! Lets see..

Those who complain are the same who will say "frack it, I'll play it anyway!".

Is it a bad map ? Is it hard ? I don't care, I'll play until my fingers bleed as I did with Green Run. It's a new Zombies Map !!

I'm very excited and I dont even own a Xbox, I'll have one month of spoilers, one month (or more, I bet more than a month) of wait until I can play it on PS3.

"ew Mai GAWD dis map is so lame! Last map we got 3 teleporters and now only one? Wat da eff tweyarch? N dis map is as big as Verrückt but the last one was huge! I feel cheated! These gas zombies are sooo annoying! Why did u put dem in da game tweyarch? Ur so stoopid! You ruined zombies I'm nevar pwaying again!" *proceeds to buy every DLC just to complain*

That's how it was with kino. And literally EVERY SINGLE MAP. People who base whether or not a game is good on the little critical things rather than the experiences you have playing it are beneath my notice. Once we as a community acknowledge and accept the fact that this has been and always will be the case, we can take great strides towards simply casting it away from our beloved forums.

And OP, i for one know what you meant. You didn't say you believed those things. You were just saying what you expected others to think, and you are absolutely right. But we must move on from that nonsense.

Hugs everyone?

by julpr » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 pm im felling this map would have the same vibe as five and shangrila close quaters type

Not to many fans of this type of map, can wait for the hate threads on it lol

Said it earlier im gonna say it again...Can wait for the hate threads about Die Rise!

Close quarter maps will always be a nightmare for train whores, that wont play team stradegy game play.

Die rise aparently will be tight and as jimmy says in one of latest tweet:

From the first drawing of die rise on the white board wall in my office, all I could think was..."many people are going to fall". Good luck!

This map in my opinion will be one of the hardest made! Lets see..

That's exactly why I love close quarter maps. No trains. I cannot stand hearing kids boast about high rounds when all they do is run in a circle. Whenever I matchmake for Green Run it's nothing but jerkoffs who venture off on their own and run trains. Real helpful for the team.