A thrown zombie's meat can be caught.

BinSys

A thrown zombie's meat can be caught. We have accidentally discovered it, when we have been playing at grief mode. When a player caught the zombie's meat, a message is displayed at upper center of a display. The message is "the player caught a zombie's meat". When the player catches the zombie's meat, a message of "Get a zombie's meat by long pressing a square button." is displayed. These messages indicate that the catch of zombie's meat is included in the grief rule. A film of the catch is here.

hOCQj7YZ3ws

We are glad when this is a new discovery for everyone.

By the way, we have tried the catch many times. But it is very difficult to do it. ^^; If you succeeded to do this, please let me know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, BinSys. I know this is off-topic, but I have no other way to contact you. You seem to be great with numbers in Zombies. Do you think you will ever find the damage statistics for the weapons in zombies?

Thank you for your message. Recently we have begun to measure the bullet dispersion for typical weapons. After it is completed. we will be able to have a plan to measure the damage for weapons. Can we have a time to measure it?

This was by pressing square, i heard that was possible but never done it. When you do it like this i take it the player that catches does not go slow???

reason i ask is there is another way to catch the meat - by knifing it out of the air. When some does it you get the message 'playerx caught the meat' but that player is then done for. their running speed is slower than normal walking speed for the rest of the game (even if you go down or bleed out you still slow).

I prob sound like a troll but you can see a video on my psn account (dont know how to post it here - but if you go to grief leaderboard im like 25 or 26th and you can see it in my edited films, hongkongsandy)

Anyone know a cure for the slowness? I think maybe if you burn yourself in fire it might bbq it off (if you ever noticed when you go down by fire you lose emps or monkeys from your inventory) but have never confirmed this.

if you are slow amnd the other team beasts on you you have no chance......

Player picks up a ribeye steak and throws it at me. I hit it will knucks then Im like Hell Yea I did it. Fun to do once but you stand no chance afterwards. It never leaves (lol) If you can pick up a meat when Insta-Kill is on and maybe throw it at the other team as they knife. Just an idea.... :idea:

And yea If you press x you can catch it too but way harder to do

Excuse me, BinSys. I know this is off-topic, but I have no other way to contact you. You seem to be great with numbers in Zombies. Do you think you will ever find the damage statistics for the weapons in zombies?

Thank you for your message. Recently we have begun to measure the bullet dispersion for typical weapons. After it is completed. we will be able to have a plan to measure the damage for weapons. Can we have a time to measure it?

Take as much time as you need to ensure the data's accuracy. Just don't forget that there are some weapons exclusive to certain maps: like the M27, LSAT, PDW, SVU, and AN-94.

This was by pressing square, i heard that was possible but never done it. When you do it like this i take it the player that catches does not go slow???

reason i ask is there is another way to catch the meat - by knifing it out of the air. When some does it you get the message 'playerx caught the meat' but that player is then done for. their running speed is slower than normal walking speed for the rest of the game (even if you go down or bleed out you still slow).

I prob sound like a troll but you can see a video on my psn account (dont know how to post it here - but if you go to grief leaderboard im like 25 or 26th and you can see it in my edited films, hongkongsandy)

Anyone know a cure for the slowness? I think maybe if you burn yourself in fire it might bbq it off (if you ever noticed when you go down by fire you lose emps or monkeys from your inventory) but have never confirmed this.

if you are slow amnd the other team beasts on you you have no chance......

Yes. The player which caught it became a walk slowly. At that time, I thought that this was a bug. But you said the same thing. It was found that the phenomenon is not a bug. And thank you for the information.

I couldn't cure the slowly walk at that time. And I haven't been able to catch the meat again. ^^;

I want to continue to investigate it.

Player picks up a ribeye steak and throws it at me. I hit it will knucks then Im like Hell Yea I did it. Fun to do once but you stand no chance afterwards. It never leaves (lol) If you can pick up a meat when Insta-Kill is on and maybe throw it at the other team as they knife. Just an idea.... :idea:

And yea If you press x you can catch it too but way harder to do

Thank you for your comments. It is difficult for me to catch the meat. I want to try to do it more.

if you find the cure let me know!!! I heard even if you bleed out you are still slow. My guess is burning to death or maybe if you could pass it on to someone else on the intial catch . Had two people in one game both slow before so IDK. I'm sure its not a bug - when people in the early rounds see you with meat they quite often knife you so you taint them so they can get some easy points - I'm sure they put it in as a little surprise ;)

Grief on town (dont talk to me about farm, too small) has a lot of depth to it. Hope there are more grief maps. Give us some of the classics for Grief. Shi No Numa or Der Riese would be awesome! Or Kino with the side alley blocked. Traps, Teleporters, hellhounds would add so much :)

Take as much time as you need to ensure the data's accuracy. Just don't forget that there are some weapons exclusive to certain maps: like the M27, LSAT, PDW, SVU, and AN-94.

I had a project to measure the weapon's damage statistics. So I will be able to begin to do it in the near future.

if you find the cure let me know!!! I heard even if you bleed out you are still slow. My guess is burning to death or maybe if you could pass it on to someone else on the intial catch . Had two people in one game both slow before so IDK. I'm sure its not a bug - when people in the early rounds see you with meat they quite often knife you so you taint them so they can get some easy points - I'm sure they put it in as a little surprise ;)

Grief on town (dont talk to me about farm, too small) has a lot of depth to it. Hope there are more grief maps. Give us some of the classics for Grief. Shi No Numa or Der Riese would be awesome! Or Kino with the side alley blocked. Traps, Teleporters, hellhounds would add so much :)

Thank you for your information. We also felt the walk slow. We have thought that "Is it a penalty or something?" :D

The surprise you think is very nice. I want to try it! :D

And also I want some maps to be added for grief mode.

The go slow is everytime and the screen message comes up so must be deliberate. Got 3 people with a grab lately i'm getting good at it - easy when they have the knuckles. Grabbed it myself too, doh. I tried burning it off in the fire but i was still slow after being revived.

Perhaps they were working on a game function where you could catch the meat, but scrapped it for some reason half-way through development, accidentally leaving some of the coding in the finished game?