Persistent Upgrades, obtaining, functions and losing

Edited original post to have all up to date info.

Quick Revive- obtained by get X amount of revives in a game.

Works like Quick Revive and can be stacked with it for near instant revives.

Lost by starting to revive a teammate and stopping. If he just dies and you never touch him then you keep it.

Increased Headshot Damage- obtained with a double headshot.

Increases headshot damage and makes zombies heads explode from body shots.

Not sure how it's lost. It is NOT lost by not getting a single headshot in a round. I've lost it with plenty of headshots. Perhaps it's lost after X amount of kills.

Steel Boards- obtained by repairing X amount of boards in a game.

Replaces wood boards with steel ones that take zombies longer to pull down.

Lost from refraining to build a single board in a round.

Increased Health- obtained by getting downed and revived X amount of times in solo.

Increases health without Juggernog from 2 to 4 hits. Increases health with Juggernog from 5 to 6 hits.

Many including myself report losing it at round 15.

Insta-Kill Upgrade- obtained by not killing any zombies and without taking damage during an Insta-Kill.

During the first half of Insta-Kill there is a red symbol above the normal one. Zombies die if they get in close proximity of the player with the red symbol, giving 50 points per kill.

Lost by killing a zombie or taking damage during Insta-Kill after the proximity effect wears off. That includes Nukes picked up by the player with the upgrade and claymores placed before the Insta-Kill.

Carpenter Upgrade- obtained by killing a zombie in a window while a carpenter is in the process of repairing. You must be the one to get the carpenter to be able to get it.

Makes Carpenters picked up by the player place steel boards instead of wood.

Lost by not killing a zombie in a window during following carpenters. You must be the one to get the carpenter to be able to lose it.

If you guys figure anything out post it. I want these damn things to be figured out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost super-Jugg yesterday when I hit round 15. I heard the sound and even got a Richtofen laugh out of the deal ;) .

I had went down once prior in this game, so I think that Super-Jugg is only meant to be an early round upgrade.

I know MMX mentioned him and a friend lost it at round 15 as well...Anyone else?

I was going to try that because the patch its available on PS3 know, but on round 12 i was training on the tunnel, i went down with quick revive but didnt lose my permanent juggernog but i needed ammo, so i left a zombie and tried to go to the box that was still on diner. Sadly i was playing without volume and listening to music and forgot that the zombie could die so the round started and i wasnt paying attention so they trapped me on diner xD

A bit of an update on what I've found from tests and what others here have said.

I know now EXACTLY how you lose the Quick Revive upgrade, I was a bit confused even when I posted the op about it but now I'm certain. You lose it if you start a revive and stop. That's it, if you stop for even one second then it's gone. You won't lose it from not attempting to revive a teammate and having him die though.

Steel Barricades is lost from refraining to repair a board every round. Originally I thought that I absolutely repaired a barrier and still lost it at the end of the round but I went into theater and saw that I didn't. So I ran more tests and can say with certainty that that is how you lose it.

Juggernog seems to be lost around 15 for everyone. I lost it on 16 once when I had obtained it on round 1 that same game. Perhaps it's lost by not going down for 15 rounds. I'll conduct more tests. I've also found that it can only be obtained in solo but the effects do work in co-op.

As to what my other upgrade hunters have found...

@Ravishing Panda: You hear a sound somewhat similar to when the box moves.

@bproc2: These only apply to "story" mode. TranZit and Die Rise.

@killbaoy1537: That's interesting, I'll look into it.

Excellent work killbaoy1537. This is exactly why I made this thread. I can confirm that there is definitely a Carpenter Pro Persistent Upgrade. It is obtained by killing a zombie that is pulling downs boards while a carpenter is active. And it does indeed make carpenters put steel boards on all the windows. It must be picked up by the player with upgrade, a teammate without it will not put up steel boards if you have it. I don't know how it's lost just yet but I will look into it. Props to killbaoy1537 for finding and sharing this.

I thought it was the carpenter. However, I killed the first 3 with Sallies, the 4th with the liquid gun and the rest with knife. I didn't get a free perk, so that would say that I didn't knife them all.

I have on a few occasions gotten a free perk from sallying them all.

I can upload that entire round if you wish.