Starting elevator!

"We're not going to release much but I can tell you something happens when all the players get into the elevator from spawn ;) .."

-Onesword

I'm curious to this... What could this mean...

-Could this activate audio from maxis or richtofen -(Mr ROFLWaffle's idea)

-Could the elevator fall to its depths? Or rise to the top?

- Easter egg tune as elevator music?

-Buildable?

Let me see what your ideas are!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A One of Swords post found here: http://oneofswords.com/2013/01/hands-on ... +Swords%29

I also got a chance to play through some of the new Zombies level, Die Rise. You start in what appears to be a hotel lobby, with a large desk, some stairs, an elevator…and a whole lot of sky where the wall should be. This is a skyscraper, and something apocalyptic happened here, because there are chunks of the building missing and destruction outside. “The environment is so different that it creates new gameplay,” explains producer Reza Elghazi. “It’s not just escaping zombies — you have to worry about your environment, and just dying by falling.” Zombies design director Jimmy Zielinski echoed that sentiment. “This brings a lot of verticality and risk to your movements,” he said. “If you run and turn the corner, that corner might not be there. Take it slow, find out where you are, and make a plan — and don’t die.”

Despite that warning, I died. Earning a little money let my crew unlock a few doors, clear away rubble, and see just how bad the surroundings were. The path we explored revealed more and more of the rubble — a destroyed store, an abandoned inactive escalator, an open elevator shaft, holes in walls that led to unknown areas…or just outside into thin air. At one point I stepped forward, only to slide into the remains of another building which has inverted. I found myself in a room where the clock and light fixtures were mounted upside-down, for instance. I won’t ruin any surprises – you’ll explore it soon enough yourself, and when you do, tell me what you can build with the parts I found scattered around the ruins. But I will say that we found that if everybody gets in the elevator at the start of the level, it heads down to a completely different area of the building…

I am hoping for a pre-game choice that must be determined each match played:

Start from the top or the bottom

I am unsure as to what the difference would be or if either would be better. A better theory would be that one choice (the bottom) could be a basement NML kind of beginning. Starting from the top would be like playing a regular game.

There seems to be a trend with the last two maps. (Moon, Green Run) We have a choice to play normally or rack points before hand. In Moon we have NML and this leaves us with a good 15000 points to start Moon off with. In Green Run we have previous matches and previous points to work with in the bank, but we can choose to play normally and rack points for future games.

In Die Rise, I hope we get something of this nature, but only if it comes with a challenge like Moon. I WANT A BASEMENT NML! It only makes since. After you have had your fun on the ground floor, you can take the elevator to the very top and start your game. I do think it would be better if the NML was on the top though. Imagine a Roof-Top NML with destroyed buildings and such as a backdrop.... :o :(

I am hoping for a pre-game choice that must be determined each match played:

Start from the top or the bottom

I am unsure as to what the difference would be or if either would be better. A better theory would be that one choice (the bottom) could be a basement NML kind of beginning. Starting from the bottom would be like playing a regular game.

There seems to be a trend with the last two maps. (Moon, Green Run) We have a choice to play normally or rack points before hand. In Moon we have NML and this leaves us with a good 15000 points to start Moon off with. In Green Run we have previous matches and previous points to work with in the bank, but we can choose to play normally and rack points for future games.

In Die Rise, I hope we get something of this nature, but only if it comes with a challenge like Moon. I WANT A BASEMENT NML! It only makes since. After you have had your fun on the ground floor, you can take the elevator to the very top and start your game. I do think it would be better if we started on the top though.

And the possibility to fall off the edge while you're training. Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaaaaah. I want this right now. 8-)

Didn't this article originally say that if you got in the elevator you would find yourself in a new area, but was later edited?

I think the article actually said that it would take you to a whole new area of the building. The person who put it on the forum shortened it and put "does something....."

It probably had something to do with the Side Quest. The person was then promptly told to edit it for Treyarch's sake or something along those lines.

Didn't this article originally say that if you got in the elevator you would find yourself in a new area, but was later edited?

I think the article actually said that it would take you to a whole new area of the building. The person who put it on the forum shortened it and put "does something....."

It originally said it will take you to a whole new area of the map, Oneofswords then edited it to say "something happens"

• Administrators

@Stop mocking me0

Both Moon and Town survival have PaP in the start of the game in the same room your in, so this wouldn't be far-fetched.

Moon was also the first to have Juggernog/Speed Cola at the spawning point without ever having to turn on power. The devs knew it would later become a challenge, because the Leaderboards reflected the NML challenege. And Town has two perk machines plus that said Pack-a-Punch right then and there. This idea is very plausible.

It could be closed off/inaccessible like Der Riese, or even at the bottom of the tower (given that we start from the top). Each descending floor holds a new perk machine, and the best ones can be found at the lower levels if you choose to break through some doors rather than wait for the elevator.

maybe it's the o4?

o4 teleports to Shi No Numa and they find Die Rise from there.

The original 4 Do something to the teleporter causing it to teleport them somewhere.

Say that somewhere is Shi No Numa. o4 Travel to Die Rise from there and they are stuck at the bottom of wherever you end up going when you take the elevator? But, of course, you guys are seperated. You got to do something (easter egg) to get them into a part of the building and they're safe from the zombies. Next DLC, o4 is back!

Just a theory.