Teddy bears not working?

A11 L1V3S L0ST

I was playing today and remembered the songs in the maps and decided to go find the teddy bears, *I actually googled where they were, but oh well, im not claming to be good* and went and hit the teddies in order of the bus depot, farm, and town. I did it two separate times and both times no song played. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone and if so why it happened. I was on local because my xbox is no longer connected to the internet and by myself if it helps any.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I just played a game of Local to see if the Teddy Bears worked, and it seems that they still play Carrion. I want to assume that your sound may be a little messed up in-game or something similar to it. Try playing another match and see if the three activate. Remember to hold "X" (or Square for PS3) and make sure the activation sound occurs. There is no true order, really; just as long as you activate the three bears, you'll get the song.

I just played a game of Local to see if the Teddy Bears worked, and it seems that they still play Carrion. I want to assume that your sound may be a little messed up in-game or something similar to it. Try playing another match and see if the three activate. Remember to hold "X" (or Square for PS3) and make sure the activation sound occurs. There is no true order, really; just as long as you activate the three bears, you'll get the song.

Also, go into your options and make sure you don't have the music turned down for some reason.

Thank you, apparently my music was turned down so I could listen to the quotes. I haven't played yet, but I did turn my music back up. Also, I heard there were three diffrent songs depending on the order you hit the teddy bears, is this true?

Also, thanks for getting back so quickly, I didn't expect a reply so soon.

Thank you, apparently my music was turned down so I could listen to the quotes. I haven't played yet, but I did turn my music back up. Also, I heard there were three diffrent songs depending on the order you hit the teddy bears, is this true?

From what I've heard, originally you could get "Carry On" by Aveneged Sevenfold or that "Imma Try It Out" by Skrillex, based on what order you activated the teddy bears. I can't confirm if this was or was not the case, but supposedly one of the first patches removed the other two songs anyways... so only "Carrion" by Kevin Sherwood is playable now.

And... glad to help! I figured it was probably just a simple setting you had overlooked.

From what I've heard, originally you could get "Carry On" by Aveneged Sevenfold or that "Imma Try It Out" by Skrillex, based on what order you activated the teddy bears. I can't confirm if this was or was not the case, but supposedly one of the first patches removed the other two songs anyways... so only "Carrion" by Kevin Sherwood is playable now.

And... glad to help! I figured it was probably just a simple setting you had overlooked.

That's what I heard, and luckily for me, I don't have internet access so my xbox hasn't updated since they took out turbine, and if they did take out avenged sevenfold and skrillex then il just take off the updates. Not playing online so don't see why it would matter to me.

Well, the Skrillex song was definitely in the game beforehand. There were countless videos of people playing it before the game came out. I think it was a placeholder until an update changed it to "Carrion", perhaps because Sherwood was low on time before the game went gold.

Not sure about "Carry On", however.

"Carry on" by avenged sevenfold is the easter egg song after you beat the campaign and watch the credits. Also, today I played tranzit and activated all the teddy bears (while my music was turned up) expecting skrillex to play, but instead heard the "carrion" song, and honestly, I was not disappointed with what I heard. It was loud and rocking and lasted longer then the round did. Also opened the pack a punch room for the first time and dumped a bunch of points into the bank and started mining the zombies for points not even buying juggernog and just pouring my points into the bank. It was amazing. Only sad part was it was wasted points because I am not connected to the internet, so my points (along with any gun I put in the fridge) are erased nda do not carry over. Is there a way to get around this if you're not online? Or is that another forum topic?

No, you can't insert points into your bank account offline and expect it to be there when you play a Live match. I wish it were possible, but unfortunately, it's not.

Thanks for replying so quickly, but I meant putting them in local, and retrieving them on local. If I wanted them online in train the town and dump points in every thousand till I had a considerable stash. just wondering if its possible on local too, as I play local mostly.

• Administrators

Thanks for replying so quickly, but I meant putting them in local, and retrieving them on local. If I wanted them online in train the town and dump points in every thousand till I had a considerable stash. just wondering if its possible on local too, as I play local mostly.

Ah, pardon me for confusing what your intentions were. I believe so; the data is being saved onto your harddrive rather than Treyarch's servers, so you should be able to store/retrieve your points without a problem. I'm not too sure about System-Links (since we're on the topic of offline matches), but I believe it can also be done on those.

Ah, pardon me for confusing what your intentions were. I believe so; the data is being saved onto your harddrive rather than Treyarch's servers, so you should be able to store/retrieve your points without a problem. I'm not too sure about System-Links (since we're on the topic of offline matches), but I believe it can also be done on those.

Thanks again for the post, and I hope you are correct about being able to retrieve my money. I dont have internet to play online and have few friends who enjoy playing zombies with me locally, so im starting to doubt it really matters if I can or not. Be nice to have money if I need it mid round though.

Local does not save money. Tried the different systems when it first came out going back and forth or keep trying to do local with no avail. Although the only thing I didn't try was staying in the same lobby over and over. Every time I played local I would turn off the xbox and play again but never tried not leaving to see if it saves.

Local does not save money. Tried the different systems when it first came out going back and forth or keep trying to do local with no avail. Although the only thing I didn't try was staying in the same lobby over and over. Every time I played local I would turn off the xbox and play again but never tried not leaving to see if it saves.

I had the same thought earlier, but got hit by the swarm before 'avogrado' (if thats wrong, please correct my spelling) killed me (he wasn't really doing much and I still had original knife, no jug and no emp grenades, have heard he goes into a human form or something, but never seen one so I left him alone and just trained my zombies, if you know how to kill him with the starter knife and will teach me please do) and didn't feel like going back to the bank again. Guess il try, dying and reentering the match (going back to lobby) and going into the, multiplayer lobby as well)

On a side note, I haven't seen any real threads about offline matches or help forums. Its all been online (which does make sense but hey, there are people without internet, (myself included))