Zombies no more respawn.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given how poorly they have done at fixing glitches, I guess zombies are done for two years...

(Half-joking)

Seriously, the only zombie glitch that they fixed in bo was the only one nobody wanted them to fix (multigun)...oh, and the podium glitch.

You could still stab your teammate to death when he revived you, the spaceman glitch is still there, still broken hacker, still lose knife when you die...

I guess i'll unplug from xbl until they fix it. I hope buying the season pass wasn't a mistake...

Ugh. After the borderlands 2 rip off, I was really enjoying bo2 zombies...

Gearbag, Treyargh, please fix your games that we paid money for...

I am assuming you are talking about a zombie chasing you as you run into the fog? When i teleport though i don't get the same effect as the zombies respawn near me in the fog. If you are talking about running and leaving a zombies in the dust this has been happening to me since i got the game a few weeks after release if not than please ignore my post.

It sucks, yes, but we will adapt to it eventually. I mean, we all hated it back in Black Ops when we found out our crawlers would either die or respawn if we took too long. Now, it's just second nature to make sure they don't do either of those things.

We'll manage. :)

We don't need to manage. This to me is game breaking and needs to be hotfixed ASAP.

This would HELP xbox players get higher on the leaderboards. The leaderboards cap at 10000 kills. This will help players progess rounds without reaching the limit

Okay, but the zombies don't die out until the last wave. Even then, the players would have to kill a significant amount of zombies until the last wave happens, at which point they can dash from them.

How exactly is it game breaking? I'm not trying to egg you on or anything, just curious.

You just round around map zombies are left behind they die and rounds go by flying with out killing anyone. You get to round 50 and not a single bullet needs to be fired.

Game breaking or not?

Seems to be something contradictory going on in here. Someone is claiming it's only the last hoard, where as Matuzz who is normally pretty spot on with stuff like this is saying that it's all zombies in a round.

Either way the leaderboards have already been hacked, so not sure what difference this really makes apart from the fact that it's easier to boost now.

It all comes down to the fact that Treyarch claim to listen, but have never ever done anything about the glitchers. How damn hard is it to clean up the leaderboards every now and again.

Also for solo players leaving last zombie to get pack-a-punch ready or collecting jet gun pieces will become much harder. Because if you go too far from that zombie new round starts.

I hope they made mistake and this patch won't come to PC :mrgreen:

EDIT: Oh yeah making the Easter Egg also became much harder.

Treyarch have dropped the ball in so many ways for this game.

Everyone used to say that they were this great company who listened and all that shit. Crap if you ask me, just a typical game company who care about the bottom line.

Bit of a taboo issue on here with the 'relationship' they have with the site, but if that's really true they should be able to take criticism. Guys, your new game has hacked leaderboards less than 2 months after the games release, and you don't care, nor will you ever. Don't pretend you do when you can't even fix the most simple of things.

Treyarch have dropped the ball in so many ways for this game.

Everyone used to say that they were this great company who listened and all that shit. Crap if you ask me, just a typical game company who care about the bottom line.

Bit of a taboo issue on here with the 'relationship' they have with the site, but if that's really true they should be able to take criticism. Guys, your new game has hacked leaderboards less than 2 months after the games release, and you don't care, nor will you ever. Don't pretend you do when you can't even fix the most simple of things.

Well hopefully the more people who speak up and criticize this new game mechanic, will lead them to fix this garbage.

Not only does this change the core mechanics, yes it does, the end of the round has always been safe time to take a quick break / get guns and ammo / pap / do EE steps. But now it's harder for legit players to play and easier for boosters/glitchers.

And I'm assuming since they don't respawn when you leave an area, that they also don't respawn when they die of exhaustion (could be wrong, but doubt it). So yeah you want round 100? Start a game, get jug, go into the corner and look down, or perform your favorite barrier glitch. Come back in a few days.

Are you kidding me, make a mechanic so barrier glitchers don't need ammo. Genius, absolute genius.

The only plus I see from this, is now the bus might actually kill them; instead of them respawning after being hit by it.

Oddly Enough I did post a topic about this some time ago, anyway just to be devils advocate here: its not as if Treyarch are not fixing any glitches because they kinda are. Bare in mind these guys have to work for 2-3 months on a map pack, check for bugs, make multiplayer maps, nerfs, buffs, glitches ect. Treyarch doesn't just hang around having water cooler talk. You also have to consider that multiplayer is their most popular feature therefore they will spend most time on it. We zombies fans will probably feel left out but at the end of the day that is where they make most of their money and if they just fully concentrate on zombies...well...that's not a very good business decision.

It looks like it's gonna be another one of those things we have to live with, together we can stay strong!!! :)

Dude I actually agree with what you say.

However, glitched leaderboards have been going on for ages, and they must know it's a huge problem. It wouldn't be massive issue to deal with.

Along with fixing the glitches, fix the damn leaderboards.

If someone is top with like a billion points and no kills it's pretty clear. How much work would it be for them really to remove those scores?

True...Glitched and hacked leaderboards have been going on since modern warfare 4.

It really does seem petty doesn't it? the fact that they can't seem to fix or maybe they don't want to fix it for some reason?

I dunno there must be some logical reason for them not to sort it out, if only we could get an interview or something!

Well hopefully the more people who speak up and criticize this new game mechanic, will lead them to fix this garbage.

Not only does this change the core mechanics, yes it does, the end of the round has always been safe time to take a quick break / get guns and ammo / pap / do EE steps. But now it's harder for legit players to play and easier for boosters/glitchers.

And I'm assuming since they don't respawn when you leave an area, that they also don't respawn when they die of exhaustion (could be wrong, but doubt it). So yeah you want round 100? Start a game, get jug, go into the corner and look down, or perform your favorite barrier glitch. Come back in a few days.

Are you kidding me, make a mechanic so barrier glitchers don't need ammo. Genius, absolute genius.

The only plus I see from this, is now the bus might actually kill them; instead of them respawning after being hit by it.

Firstly, I agree completely thats it great being able to keep one crawler/runner left at the end of the round while you gear up and prepare yourselves (I wouldn't have been able to do Richtofens EE by round 6 otherwise), but perhaps this is what Treyarch wants to move away from?

Less emphasise on what round your upto (round just being an indication of how fast/many zombies there are) and more about zombies kills.

With zombies CONSTANTLY spawning, spamming the box at the end of a round wont be possible - each weapon recieved will be a gift and have to made use of.

Travelling from one side of Tranzit to another on-foot will be more of a challenge and not just tedious time wasting. The bus suddenly has more value.

You'll have to watch each other backs while you buy perks, and I'de hate to try and pack-a-punch in that narrow corridor knowing zombies will be flowing from the windows and vault entry whilst trying to do so.

It sounds like there's lots of issues with this new system, but it sounds like it could be alot more exciting to me.

Too long to get setup? You should never be given time during a zombie apocalypse to get "setup" to begin with. That's just lazy.

Glitched leaderboards. There will always be those guys out there that will find ways to glitch the leaderboards. Companies spend millions of dollars to secure their software and then one hacker comes along and "breaks" it the next day. This is a very time consuming process and if you can code in a way that can't be hacked then email them and tell them how you would fix it. Contrary to some belief that Treyarch doesn't do anything at all to fix the leaderboards is a retarded statement. Actually monitor them from a release to a few months in and record the names of the people cheating and watch them disappear and reappear with different names. Treyarch is constantly "fixing" up the leaderboards and always have been. The problem lies in the inability to make them fool proof in a way that hackers can't find their way in to exploit them and this will NEVER happen. Hackers will ALWAYS find a way. Period.

Come on here spreading your hate because you don't remotely have a clue about what it takes to create, code, test, and fix a game is ignorant. This may only be my opinion and so be it but you bandwagon of haters are a type of troll that I personally don't want to listen to.

Disagreeing with choices Treyarch has made in a constructive way that isn't intended to draw people on to your bandwagon or pull fans away from the game is always acceptable. It's called constructive crit.

Posting bitch threads everytime Treyarch does something new before fully understanding what is going or the reasoning behind it, in my opinion is disloyal and ungrateful. You're entitled to your opinions but come on, stop whining and give it a chance. When there is a glitch give them enough time to fix it. There are legal processes to these things, they can't always turn around and fix something they messed up on, sometimes it takes time. There are a million different things that can go wrong with a software update or release that the average person doesn't even think about. Just like there is a million things that could go wrong if you were having surgery. Does whining and crying about it fix it? Does being patient and waiting for the doctor to diagnose and fix what went wrong help? Absolutely.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular except the first line, I'm speaking to the whole. Or the hole... in the wall.. likely. I won't be back to defend this for post after post, I've said my piece about it and plan to stay loyal to a company who has given me more hours of pleasure than pretty much any other game on the planet. I'll be respecting that they will fix and do what needs to be done in due time, and I will be going out tomorrow to buy the season pass.

Good day to you sirs.