Zombies no more respawn.

The NML leaderboards had a glitched player, the same one, on there for 6 months plus. As this was their first solo leaderboard ever, I would have thought they would have managed to fix that one person. There were even parodies of the name done by other players with legit scores.

Cry me a river though, I didn't realise they spent millions developing their games and then giving them away for free. Oh no, they take our money for them.

With BO2 they did something pretty despicable, and charged people for the hardened addition, selling it mainly for nuketown zombies. Then a month after game comes out everyone can get it for buying a season pass.

I have defended Treyarch in the past, and I certainly have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of their games.

Rverything you said was all well and good, apart from the glitched leaderboards. When I see NML with the same glitcher at number 1 for 6 months, it kinda invalidates somewhat your point.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The millions comment was just to say that other non gaming companies have the same problems with hackers and spend millions to fix or prevent it just to come to work the next day and find out it's been hacked again.

There could be any number of justifiable reasons they left the player on the NML leaderboards. Maybe they did try to fix it but it became a bigger issue, who knows. It could have been glitched in the code in a way that something would have to be rewritten that would cost a stupid amount of money and/or time to fix. I personally would want them to pick a point of no return and then spend their resources on moving forward.

I'm just saying that I don't agree that they "broke the game." As a loyal customer I choose to be patient and wait for them to fix what went wrong. I'd also hope that those who agree would speak up just as all of the ones who jumped on the bandwagon of butt hurt did and show their support.

Glitched leaderboards. There will always be those guys out there that will find ways to glitch the leaderboards. Companies spend millions of dollars to secure their software and then one hacker comes along and "breaks" it the next day. This is a very time consuming process and if you can code in a way that can't be hacked then email them and tell them how you would fix it. Contrary to some belief that Treyarch doesn't do anything at all to fix the leaderboards is a retarded statement.

Sure you could put it like that and I'm all for defending Treyarch...however this is a company that made over 1 billion in the first week, the first WEEK. I mean Governmental organisations let through 1-2 hackers every year, Yes i know Treyarch and the government are two separate ends of the spectrum, but the software is still there. I know you said this is aimed at everyone who dares to even say that Treyarch is bad in any respect is "bitchy". This being said your whole post had logical fallacy all over it: Claims we are bitchy (which i might add we are just stating the fact that the leaderboards are messed up) so you decide to write a bitchy post exclaiming we are all wrong.

I like to think I'm a nice guy to get along with and I'm fine with a counterargument, I'm fine with a discussion...but what I'm not fine with is egotistical people on their high horse then say: "I won't be back to defend this for post after post"

p.s I am a huge fan of Treyarch, Yet i do still see past my arm

Glitched leaderboards. There will always be those guys out there that will find ways to glitch the leaderboards. Companies spend millions of dollars to secure their software and then one hacker comes along and "breaks" it the next day. This is a very time consuming process and if you can code in a way that can't be hacked then email them and tell them how you would fix it. Contrary to some belief that Treyarch doesn't do anything at all to fix the leaderboards is a retarded statement.

Sure you could put it like that and I'm all for defending Treyarch...however this is a company that made over 1 billion in the first week, the first WEEK. I mean Governmental organisations let through 1-2 hackers every year, Yes i know Treyarch and the government are two separate ends of the spectrum, but the software is still there. I know you said this is aimed at everyone who dares to even say that Treyarch is bad in any respect is "bitchy". This being said your whole post had logical fallacy all over it: Claims we are bitchy (which i might add we are just stating the fact that the leaderboards are messed up) so you decide to write a bitchy post exclaiming we are all wrong.

I like to think I'm a nice guy to get along with and I'm fine with a counterargument, I'm fine with a discussion...but what I'm not fine with is egotistical people on their high horse then say: "I won't be back to defend this for post after post"

Fair enough. That is certainly one way to see that post but it certainly wasn't my intention. My intention was we should bring these things up and talk them out, report them to Treyarch and show our support and concern in a constructive way. Not post a bunch of threads bitching they screwed up again or broke the game or showing doubt in them at the drop of a hat the way people have been doing over this last update.

I am in no way on a high horse and your way of misunderstanding it as such is a great example of how some people jump when they think they understand something but clearly don't.

The comment about not defending this post over and over was simply to say I'm not trying to start a bitch fest here which some people tend to try to pull others in to when their opinion differs from theirs and have to monitor this to defend myself for having an opinion. Admittedly I should have left that out and simply ignored any comments.

I guess I was trying to spawn some positive support rather than encourage the negative bitchiness I was reading which lead to my reply.

I've never done anyone here wrong, and I'm fine with an opposing view. I just like to see it constructive and informative.

You can try to make me out to be whatever way you like with misquotes such as "this is aimed at everyone who dares to even say that Treyarch is bad in any respect" but the fact remains that I'm for Treyarch and them fixing errors and glitches and I will continue to support positive constructive critism instead of posting "bitchy" negative comments and showing that if someone screws up then you'll jump ship.

Back on topic, I hope they fix the glitch where you can climb levels without shooting any zombies. This was obviously not their intention as it defeats the purpose of the game.

Honestly, I love zombies, and after playing it on black ops 1 I refused to buy black ops 2 without a zombie mode. The last actual online game play I really enjoyed twenty four seven, was modern warfare 2, even with quick scopers and hacked lobbies. After that, I ran into almost nothing but camping games. Especially in black ops 2. Hackers are going to be around for a long time and will always find ways around whatever the people do to stop them. Yes, the zombies dying makes it easier for people to run away and go up the ranks without any kills but its possible it was done to speed up the game and make it people don't complete the easter eggs by round 6 yes, I know this messes with a bunch of peoples game play but they may be trying to make it where you aren't given that,much time to relax at the end of each round. But not killing zombies isn't going to give people points, or kills. Just going to give them rounds. And im sure the really good players are gonna kill, get points, and buy every door and enjoying have more than the starter pistol when they get into the twenties and will find a way to get around this just like we got around the crawler dying by having a player stick with it and get hit occasionally, keeping it alive while zombie used the hit box, or pack a punched their gun, or even used the bathroom or ate supper. Its not the end of the world here, we'll get used to it, or they'll take it out. Just keep playing the game and enjoying what you can, specially since the new map comes out soon.

I just looked at how the zombies don't respawn. They don't even die! The game just... it just deletes them! Right then and there! Once I saw a Zombie spawn, run, get deleted, spawn again, run, get deleted AGAIN. This isn't just dumb. It's plain stupid. They will still respawn when teleporting, however. At least on Solo. So just don't run ANYWHERE. =_=

Fair enough. That is certainly one way to see that post but it certainly wasn't my intention. My intention was we should bring these things up and talk them out, report them to Treyarch and show our support and concern in a constructive way. Not post a bunch of threads bitching they screwed up again or broke the game or showing doubt in them at the drop of a hat the way people have been doing over this last update.

I am in no way on a high horse and your way of misunderstanding it as such is a great example of how some people jump when they think they understand something but clearly don't.

The comment about not defending this post over and over was simply to say I'm not trying to start a bitch fest here which some people tend to try to pull others in to when their opinion differs from theirs and have to monitor this to defend myself for having an opinion. Admittedly I should have left that out and simply ignored any comments.

I guess I was trying to spawn some positive support rather than encourage the negative bitchiness I was reading which lead to my reply.

I've never done anyone here wrong, and I'm fine with an opposing view. I just like to see it constructive and informative.

You can try to make me out to be whatever way you like with misquotes such as "this is aimed at everyone who dares to even say that Treyarch is bad in any respect" but the fact remains that I'm for Treyarch and them fixing errors and glitches and I will continue to support positive constructive critism instead of posting "bitchy" negative comments and showing that if someone screws up then you'll jump ship.

Back on topic, I hope they fix the glitch where you can climb levels without shooting any zombies. This was obviously not their intention as it defeats the purpose of the game.

I fully understood everything that you said, here's the thing, You essentially said that everyone was bitching and whining about the leaderboards, Glitches ect. instead of constructively criticising them (in which we all did i might add) where we explained our points with counters and openly said we still love Treyarch. Then you came in claiming we are all being bitchy and that we all are on a haters band wagon (which wasn't very constructively criticised now was it? it was just down right rude). If there was anyway to get your point across being bias wasn't a way to do it.

I accept that Treyarch made a mistake, everyone does, therefore we are stating why we don't like it in effort to resolve this dilemma. End of discussion.

• Administrators

This has been fixed. Now zombie will only die if zombies are damaged. Also you don't need to damage zombies for the bus to kill them now.

I haven't gotten the fix yet. I left a zombie chasing after me while going to Pack-a-Punch my M1911, and the zombie finally died after 4 minutes of hitting portal after portal. Not once did I damage him. Maybe the bus eventually caught up to him, who knows.

This has been fixed. Now zombie will only die if zombies are damaged. Also you don't need to damage zombies for the bus to kill them now.

I haven't gotten the fix yet. I left a zombie chasing after me while going to Pack-a-Punch my M1911, and the zombie finally died after 4 minutes of hitting portal after portal. Not once did I damage him. Maybe the bus eventually caught up to him, who knows.

Okay, so I was just playing solo to see if they hotfixed this bug yet. The thing is that I don't know if they tried to fix it and fucked up or if they didn't do anything yet. It seems that when you don't have Juggernog zombies respawn and after you buy it they don't. I'm not 100% sure if this is true though. I only tried this twice and both times they stopped respawning after I bought Juggernog, but two tests isn't enough to give a deffinate answer. If anyone else notices this as well please reply to this post.