<NEW FIND> Double Insta-Kill???!!!!

Blitz

Whats going on Zombie Theorists? Blitz here again with something that I believe is brand new.

Alright, I'll break it down in the steps completed for this to have happened.

After Recent Patch (1-26-13)

1. Completed Maxis EE

2. Picked up an Insta-Kill under the tower right before the EE was completed.

3. After the Insta-Kill wore off my character "Misty", said "Well that sounds important" similar to the Persistent Perk dialog.

4. I died and lost my perks.

5. Respawned next round in town. Went down again, then Insta-Kill was picked up... Now for the video...

Tell me what you think.

Pay attention to the Insta-Kill Icon.

:arrow: Theory Breakdown:

New/Undiscovered Persistent/Upgraded Pick-ups

Its possible, that with the "Upgraded" Pick-Ups that they may add an additional effect. Such as:

1. Insta-Kill: Invincible for 5 seconds after Insta-Kill is picked up.

2. Carpenter: All Boards are rebuilt with Iron Boards.

3. Max-Ammo: Gives Extended (double) mag for the first magazine.

4. Nuke: ? (Give me your ideas)

5. Double Points: Multiplier increased by x3 or x4 points for first 6 seconds.

These are just food for thought. We didn't have time to expand on this because we ended the game shortly after.

I tried to go into a custom game and tried to recreate it with no dice. So keep your eyes open and post anything you may find on this subject.

Thanks to the Crew: KeredNomrah69, Sylent, and Simple Poison. Special thanks to Kered for uploads to ZFFs and Youtube.

(Screenshot)

oM Blitz Out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hm, that's very interesting indeed. I have never seen an Insta-Kill do that before. Perhaps the drops that come as a reward of doing the Maxis side have a bit more power than we thought it to be. When you picked up the Insta-Kill, more than likely it was a brand new skill that was hidden. Because it happened to be that particular drop, you going down seems to have triggered it. My only guess is that it allows you to take down zombies just like a regular Insta-Kill, but occurs whenever you go down in a given game to allow more safety for revival.

I'd like to see how the other drops play out like this. Great discovery Blitz!

This is 100% Real. I'm not the type of person who'd troll people, when myself am a very dedicated Theorist on the forum. (Though I'm New to CoDz)

This is footage from my game, I did not find this on YouTube.

I'm unsure about why this may happened, the Crew and I are going to conduct tests about this tonight and we'll update this thread as we find them.

Alright gentleman we have some work to do. Questions to be answered..

1: Does this work only in Tranzit or Survival and Grief as well?

2: Does this only work when the EE is complete?

3: Does this work with every insta-kill now?

4: What is the significance of the shorter red insta-kill? (you can't exactly kill a zombie more than insta-killing it lol)

5: Is it possible that you need to kill a certain amount of zombies before the red insta-kill disappears?

6: Do any other power ups have new effects or icons?

7: Has anything else changed in game?

8: Are Xbox users still seeing the beams after the update? Or are Ps3 users able to see them now?(confirming if it is a glitch or not?)

Any other questions people can think of? CodZ will have this sorted out shortly I'm sure. Might want to start a fresh thread concerning updates after this latest patch? I dunno.. I'll report any of my finds as this has inspired me to get a crew together and get to work! (thank you Blitz):)

4: What is the significance of the shorter red insta-kill? (you can't exactly kill a zombie more than insta-killing it lol)

5: Is it possible that you need to kill a certain amount of zombies before the red insta-kill disappears?

8: Are Xbox users still seeing the beams after the update? Or are Ps3 users able to see them now?(confirming if it is a glitch or not?)

Any other questions people can think of? CodZ will have this sorted out shortly I'm sure. Might want to start a fresh thread concerning updates after this latest patch? I dunno.. I'll report any of my finds as this has inspired me to get a crew together and get to work! (thank you Blitz):)

It seems everyone that has seen it have only seen it in games where the EE was completed, and only Insta-Kill has been seen so far. I'm really interested in what this turns out to be... as you said, you can't kill a zombie any faster than instantly. I'm trying to theorize what effect it could have and I'm coming up with nothing. As far as the beams from the laundromat, I couldn't get them to come up after the patch, but another poster said they were able to so I guess that hasn't changed. At least on the Xbox. If PS3 got an update too, someone should try it and report back.

I'm willing to bet this is the results of a timing specific bug of some sorts.. these things end up happening. Sorta like how the zombie_tazer_knuckles thing was just some left over debug text from a situation that wasn't supposed to really be possible in retail gameplay.

You got this to happen on Xbox i take it? Could be a side effect of the patch that you guys got, to go along with the whole 'new' zombie dying behaviour. lvl 99 and 0 kills and all that.

Still.. interesting if it is something, not that double-insta kill really makes any sense.

If PS3 got an update too, someone should try it and report back.

Apparently PS3 has not yet received a patch, as we don't get the DLC till a month later. The pre-DLC patch usually comes out about a week or two before the relase of the actual new content. Usually updates the leaderboards and adds the new trophies and such.

Me, Kered, and Blitz are going to be doing some testing on it tonight. Thank for giving us ideas of other things too test.

Was everyone on the Team able to see it, Or Just Misty. It seemed to me as if Misty was the Character that saw it in both Videos. Don't know if theirs any relevance here or not. Also the ToB was Completed in this game, Not just they had already had it completed?!

Also I confirmed that I still saw the Beams on the 360. That was in Solo so I should probably go check out Multi but I don't see what difference that would make.

Also I confirmed that I still saw the Beams on the 360. That was in Solo so I should probably go check out Multi but I don't see what difference that would make.

When they fix bugs like this (we're all pretty sure that the beams are just a bug, i believe) sometimes they don't manage to get in a fix across all game modes. Most people i talk to don't know this, but after the last patch for BO1 added Mule Kick to all of the maps, it only added them in single and multiplayer. I played with a friend at my place over LAN and the Mule Kick just isn't there on any level. They never included the update to include LAN matches.

LAN gets no love. :(

Was everyone on the Team able to see it, Or Just Misty. It seemed to me as if Misty was the Character that saw it in both Videos. Don't know if theirs any relevance here or not. Also the ToB was Completed in this game, Not just they had already had it completed?!

The beams on co-op are deffinitally confirmed. Me and Kered were getting tons of them last night. We had done the Maxis side of the EE in the game that this happened. I personally didn't pay attention to the Insta-kill, so I can't confirm or deny if I had it or not. I'm going to go check theater and report back.

Actually Mulekick wasn't added to solo I don't think. OR it only works when you are connected to the internet because I remember telling my brother there was no Mulekick in solo when my internet was out. (concerning comment about blops1) I thought it weird.

Anyway, the reason we want to know about the beams is to confirm or debunk wether the beams are a glitch or not. From what I've heard xbox users can still see them. So the question will be, do Ps3 users see them now? If they do then the glitch was with the Ps3 version and the beams then become significant. (or Treyarch forgot or were incappable of fixing them on xbox, which I seriously doubt)

I haven't fired up my ps3 yet to see if there's an update but can anyone confirm if it was only xbox that got the update or was it all systems?

Actually Mulekick wasn't added to solo I don't think. OR it only works when you are connected to the internet because I remember telling my brother there was no Mulekick in solo when my internet was out. (concerning comment about blops1) I thought it weird.

Anyway, the reason we want to know about the beams is to confirm or debunk wether the beams are a glitch or not. From what I've heard xbox users can still see them. So the question will be, do Ps3 users see them now? If they do then the glitch was with the Ps3 version and the beams then become significant. (or Treyarch forgot or were incappable of fixing them on xbox, which I seriously doubt)

I haven't fired up my ps3 yet to see if there's an update but can anyone confirm if it was only xbox that got the update or was it all systems?

mutiple ppl have confirmed they can still see the beams, but we (ps3) still can not

mutiple ppl have confirmed they can still see the beams, but we (ps3) still can not

Yes I've seen multiple xbox users confirm but haven't seen any Ps3 users say yay or nay to seeing them or not.

Yes I've seen multiple xbox users confirm but haven't seen any Ps3 users say yay or nay to seeing them or not.

did you not read the last part of wat i said?? i said we (ps3) cant see them