Why don't the new zombie maps have to same feel to them?

World at Wars zombie maps were the best in my point of view. I don't know why but; I did not have that same old feeling of nervousness and excitement when it came to the announcements of Moon, Shangi-La and Die Rise!

I remember watching the trailer for Ascension and thinking "I can't wait for this!" Getting over hyped, being addicted to watching gameplay before I had it. Then COTD came and I was exited for that, but when I heard about the moviestars it let me down a'bit. But that did not last long! :lol: Shangri-La was the point of loss of excitement. Before we were dreaming of Zombie maps in the shore of the U.K; I was getting hyped up for that. Now I dread the thought. Paris used to excite me. Not any more.

I do not know why but ever since the 'new' maps (Moon+) I am thinking of all that could go wrong with them. Not go right. Shame really. I have no idea of what has happened but something has really off-put me about the maps.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To each their own. You're more of an old school zombie player. You don't seem to enjoy a lot of the extras (see: jet gun, wave gun, mule kick, etc etc). I think you just have to embrace change. It would be too boring to keep the old style and feel. A majority of gamers would get sick of the same thing over and over. 3arc just want to keep the game mode fresh and innovative so they don't lose fans and whatnot. I used to be on the fence about changes to zombies but I like that they keep things fresh and new, like the actors in COTD for instance. I was tired of the O4 by that point. Funny how time changes things... because now everybody wants the O4 back haha . The beauty is that we still have waw and bo1 to go back to if that old school itch ever hits.

I think camping could be one answer: in waw, while you can kite in all of the maps, they were good for camping strategies.

In bo, "five" is the only one slightly reminescent of waw camping. It was simply easier and more fun to run solo or run with a friend.

Another take is simply that all maps have their own charm or lack thereof, depending on personal preference.

I loved how easy Ascension/cotd are, but often prefer the challenge of "five".

I like Tranzit quite a bit, but my first reaction was more like ugh...

I would love to see more 4 man camp spots in maps. Unlike Tranits 4 man solo runs (which I also enjoy).

I am a game hoarder, so I still play the waw maps on waw, the waw maps on bo because they are different, as well as the other maps.

What I dislike is useless annoyance: denizens aren't a threat, just really annoying. In this list are: bo glitches galore, Moon (die every game to a glitch, yea!/ not really yea), losing knife when dead (but they kept the same price nd usually made it harder to get).

So, lose the annoyance factor, add back in some tight 4 man camp spots as well as trying the new and I would be happiest with them.

Right now, I jut want a hotfix to the recently added Treyfail glitch in Tranzit...

at least they've changed up the denizens in Die Rise, we might even get a max ammo at the end of their round :P

I have to disagree with the camping though, I really hope its not all camping in the same spot. Kino, Ascension, COTD, Moon and Green Run all have their own good spot to train and move, I hope there's at least part of this level like that and not all of it tight hallways otherwise it might get pretty boring pretty fast.

Psychologically the game you played first was the best... The map that truely started me was moon, because beforehand I didn't have an x-box... But I loved moon... And I still think it's the greatest map today... You won't because you played waw first...

Die rise seems to have a very "dark and mysterious" feel to it.. Like there's no knowing where your going! ... Tranzit gave me a "KICK ASS TIME IS BACK! feel... Moon was a "WOH did not see that coming!"... (I saw the trailers to these maps before playing them) Shangri-la was a charismatic dance feel, and cotd was a PARTY! feel in the trailer....

But after playing the map you see they have a ,repectivly with the exclusion of die rise, "Drawn out", "Just get to the next area and shoot what you can", "Lol f$@$ you corners lag and Easter egg!" and a "Be SUPPER cautious!" feel....

What i miss the most is the close quarter maps where you have to buy the doors. When i first played kino I didnt know what was past the next door. With tranzit, I dont think it had that same feel because i knew what was coming as it was very repetitive and boring(my opinion). I know what you are trying to say but it is hard to explain. I think that 3arc have over-complicated zombies. I dont think zombies will ever have the same feeling as it used to.

What i miss the most is the close quarter maps where you have to buy the doors. When i first played kino I didnt know what was past the next door. With tranzit, I dont think it had that same feel because i knew what was coming as it was very repetitive and boring(my opinion). I know what you are trying to say but it is hard to explain. I think that 3arc have over-complicated zombies. I dont think zombies will ever have the same feeling as it used to.

Tranzit had a kind of "let's see what's in this building" go for it... Die rise looks to be a "buy this door or add a part to proceed... " feel... And I like that! Feels very Russian! It comes at us with brute strength! -woods

I really like the WaW maps, Kino, Ascension and Call of the Dead. I don't like Shangri-La and Moon. I hate Shangri-La's layout and I hated the gameplay in Moon. Tranzit kinda disappointed me too.

I don't blame Treyarch for trying new and different things, though. That's definitely a good thing. I think the Modern Warfare series sucks for its lack of innovation. Treyarch will do something different again with Die Rise, let's hope it's not too complicated.

By the way TehGKBrief, have you played Nuketown Zombies? It's a good (although small) map in my opinion, and it plays just like the old maps.

Psychologically the game you played first was the best... The map that truely started me was moon, because beforehand I didn't have an x-box... But I loved moon... And I still think it's the greatest map today... You won't because you played waw first...

This is part true. The first ones will be nostalgic and feel 'right' because it is what we first experienced. But, that being said, ndu and verruckt were out when I played, snn came out within a week or so.

But, for waw, Der Riese is king. Ndu does little for me beyond nostalgia, verruckt has charm, but still very basic. Snn was way too easy, but different (only waw zombies not built off of a map part).

Black ops sucked in lots of the execution (bk for example, so glitchy overall), but I totally embraced those maps (though moon ranks lowest in my opinion, love nml idea though).

I was not loving Tranzit, hardly wanted to play it, now it is my go-to map...

Off to dl Die Rise...

So since Die Rise is out, do you still have the same feelings? I think they really learned from Tranzit. Die Rise is probably my favorite map to date and we have only scratched the surface. If you are season pass PS3, consider this map at least as worth the money. If you did not get Season Pass, this DLC is definitely worth the $15.00 or whatever it is. I won't go into multiplayer and the "Peacekeeper" as that would be off topic. As for the zombie map, I feel it is alone worth the money.

It reminds me of a giant Verruckt, with a "Five" twist. Most of the map is very tight and narrow which reminds me of both of these maps. I can't help but be reminded of DOA when on the roof, as it reminds me of the level where the "Engineers" first appear. (30 I think, It was the beginning of all the levels with stair cases and such. I believe THAT was the real verticality in zombies.

I love this map. At the end of each one I end up being upset for going down, but as soon as I see that menu I'm like: "Oooh You...Alright one more time." :D

• 1 month later...

So since Die Rise is out, do you still have the same feelings? I think they really learned from Tranzit. Die Rise is probably my favorite map to date and we have only scratched the surface. If you are season pass PS3, consider this map at least as worth the money. If you did not get Season Pass, this DLC is definitely worth the $15.00 or whatever it is. I won't go into multiplayer and the "Peacekeeper" as that would be off topic. As for the zombie map, I feel it is alone worth the money.

It reminds me of a giant Verruckt, with a "Five" twist. Most of the map is very tight and narrow which reminds me of both of these maps. I can't help but be reminded of DOA when on the roof, as it reminds me of the level where the "Engineers" first appear. (30 I think, It was the beginning of all the levels with stair cases and such. I believe THAT was the real verticality in zombies.

I love this map. At the end of each one I end up being upset for going down, but as soon as I see that menu I'm like: "Oooh You...Alright one more time." :D

I love Die Rise! (late reply due to laziness) Has a close quarters survival feel to it. I did not like the way 3ARC tried to destroy or ruin certain classic strategies with previous maps, Die Rise hits the spot.

Die Rise is probably my favorite map to date and we have only scratched the surface.

What do you mean by that? We've figured out the EE, we've learned all the little tricks, there's really nothing more that nobody has discovered yet..

I think he means this only the first DLC so we have yet to scratch the surface of what 3arc has in store...

i think comparing any cod zombies games to others is kinda like apples and oranges, imo i think they each have their own nostalgia factors and i know i sure as hell dont wanna play waw for the fact that you CANT jump over crawlers....i remember back in waw plaing shi no numa bitching that we couldnt jump over crawlers and losing the game because there was a train behind us and the crawlers are blocking the way out lol

i think comparing any cod zombies games to others is kinda like apples and oranges, imo i think they each have their own nostalgia factors and i know i sure as hell dont wanna play waw for the fact that you CANT jump over crawlers....i remember back in waw plaing shi no numa bitching that we couldnt jump over crawlers and losing the game because there was a train behind us and the crawlers are blocking the way out lol

Why would you have crawlers in a train...? :|