Die rise - the gamemode?

Raygunhopeful

So after the leaderboards were updated, the map "great leap forward" was unvailed with the game mode "die rise". Seems like die rise IS the gamemode with Great Leap Forward the map. To me, I see die rise just being a variation of tranzit, for example it will have buildables but may not have a form of transport. Interesting to see that there is no survival maps on Great Leap Forward. Seems like treyarch are designing there newer maps like the classic ones with just a survival map with wonder wepons. Great Leap Forward is almost certainly a reference to the storyline and therefor, i think, the Easter egg will be totally awesome!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'm glad they didn't take parts of the map and make them for survival, I liked what they did with Green Run especially with some maps having no perks,PAP,ect. But I'm glad with DLC 1 They are doing what they usually do with DLC (Excluding The Peacekeeper) I Just Can't Wait To See The New Wunder Weapon, I Wouldn't Mind It being buildable if it lasts longer than the jet gun, and that is a ACTUAL Wunder Weapon. Honestly I think the Wunder Weapon will be a form of the Shrink Ray from Shangri La,maybe modified a bit. I Don't See them bringing back something like the DG-2 In this map, if DG-2 would be in Black Ops 2 at all I think if should be in a map with the 04 if its CoTD EE and you get rewarded it, or if you play as 04. But i'm glad that treyarch is seeming to go back to their W@W Roots, we saw that with Green Run(Nacht, Survival Maps How they are,ect) And Honestly I think this map will be a bit of a Verruckt 2.0 as they say there is tight hallways all around the map, and what is the tightest map we've had in CoDz history? Verruckt! Thats why As of now, it is reasonable to compare the two.

If you think about it, the mode of transportation on this map is the elevator, so it still fits the description, but not well enough to be called Tranzit. By them doing this, I am fairly confident there will be multiple survival maps. It is set up just like Tranzit.

Click on Green Run.

Choose between Tranzit, Survival, Grief, and now Turned

Click on Great Leap Forward.

Choose between Die Rise, survival, and maybe a new grief map?

Either way, I think we will definitely be seeing the return of survival.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that over Green Run there is now a "NEW" symbol over it. Nothing has changed, that I know of, so I guess it is just a hint toward the Diner being open later on...

If you think about it, the mode of transportation on this map is the elevator, so it still fits the description, but not well enough to be called Tranzit. By them doing this, I am fairly confident there will be multiple survival maps. It is set up just like Tranzit.

Click on Green Run.

Choose between Tranzit, Survival, Grief, and now Turned

Click on Great Leap Forward.

Choose between Die Rise, survival, and maybe a new grief map?

Either way, I think we will definitely be seeing the return of survival.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that over Green Run there is now a "NEW" symbol over it. Nothing has changed, that I know of, so I guess it is just a hint toward the Diner being open later on...

Well said. As for the NEW, I think that it really was just sloppiness that they didn't bother to fix. If you also notice the control functionality is limited. It is easy to get "stuck" on selecting Farm.

Well said. As for the NEW, I think that it really was just sloppiness that they didn't bother to fix. If you also notice the control functionality is limited. It is easy to get "stuck" on selecting Farm.

I agree. The same thing occurs in Multiplayer. The game assumes you have the Peacekeeper, so it has a permanent "NEW" next to Create-A-Class and Barracks. Not to mention that they already made a Revolution playlist...

I agree. The same thing occurs in Multiplayer. The game assumes you have the Peacekeeper, so it has a permanent "NEW" next to Create-A-Class and Barracks. Not to mention that they already made a Revolution playlist...

It's trayarch, you've got people who either chant: Oh it's just a bug... And those who praise: IT WAS ADDED IN ON PURPOSE! WE NEEEED TO DO SOMETHING!

On another note, I am still quite concerned with the lack of acheivements... With all these new additions there HAS to be some kind of seperate goal! When will they be interpreted in you think?

On another note, I am still quite concerned with the lack of acheivements... With all these new additions there HAS to be some kind of seperate goal! When will they be interpreted in you think?

A game can be updated with achievements the day it comes out, or the day before. Just because they updated the core game today doesn't mean they won't have achievements. Maybe they didn't want to give anything away storywise.

We've been looking at Black Ops 2 Zombies all wrong, obviously. We've been thinking that maybe every map would follow the pattern of/be in TranZit mode... assuming that each new map would present us with a different type of vehicle to ride around. We thought "Big maps with something to ride around in/on" was going to be the concept of Black Ops II. We've been looking at things two-dimensionally, like "There's TranZit and there's Survival. Which will Die Rise be?" We were way off...

What we're looking at is each new DLC having a completely different gimmick of some sort. This gimmick seems to focus on how the map is laid out and how we traverse it. For TranZit, the gimmick was "Transportation"... a big location with a vehicle and multiple small areas to play in. Now, DLC 1 presents us with "Die Rise", and the gimmick here is quite obvious. "Verticality"... we've heard that word over and over again, almost beating us over the head with it. Well, that's because that's the gimmick (or concept) of the DLC 1 zombies map. It was probably the one word that the devs were told to focus on when designing the map.

I think looking at it like "The elevator is the vehicle this time" is missing the point. It seems that the idea for Black Ops II was actually "Let's take the mode to the next level. We'll make bigger and better maps than ever with more to do than there's ever been before... and we'll make each map have it's own concept, feeling like an entirely different kind of game. But, you know, with zombies."

From here we can theorize what the gimmick/concept/idea of future DLC maps will be. Zombie theorists? Any thoughts?

As i said before Tranzit and Die Rise are the "THEMES" where as green run and great leap forward is the map name and also possibly a nod towards the map itself.

Tranzit = Transit > Transportation > Bus

Die Rise = High Rise > sky scrapers > elevation

These are the Themes of the maps themselves

Where as

Green run > Being green means new\newbie and its our first run with new characters on a new game element

Great leap forward speaks for itself as jimmy has mentioned making leap of faiths across tye buildings not to mention pinnaz research

A game can be updated with achievements the day it comes out, or the day before. Just because they updated the core game today doesn't mean they won't have achievements. Maybe they didn't want to give anything away storywise.

I hope so...