Newest update...

Megaton A

And I'm kind of irritated. First of all, it kicked me and a friend both off of Live (and out of the game) after we just finished taking about 30,000 points out of the bank. Yeah, that stuff happens with game updates... not a really big deal but still irritating. So, he goes to bed and I decide to try and get my points back. But 3Arc is screwing with the game mechanics now. It seems you can no longer leave a zombie and go running around the map to do what you need to do... because they apparently just randomly die and end the round now, regardless of whether you have damaged them or not.

I say random because I haven't been able to figure out a pattern to it. Round 6, I have one zombie left that I hadn't touched... decide to go running from Farm to the pylon to try the Navcard (figured nothing would happen, I was right... but thought it worth a try)... zombie respawns a couple times along the way, but just about when I get under the pylon the round ends. Do a round, leave 2 zombies, run towards the power station, and halfway there the round ends. Do a round, leave 1, run to Town... he respawns a few times and right now he's still alive in the town. The whole game has been like this. Round 2, leave one zombie, go to the diner, go to check the shed.... round suddenly ends.

I don't get it? Why? Cool, fix glitches. Fix ALL the glitches. But why change the mechanics? I liked being able to leave a zombie, run around, deposit points when I wanted to, get perks, Pack A Punch, ect. It really didn't need to be changed.

After this I don't even know if I'll bother with Revolution, honestly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm guessing that they want to up the difficulty of not having time re-collect yourself and get what you need before ending the round. I thought that this still happened before the update; I would be in a match where I was the one babysitting a walker and it would die out for no reason after, say, 6 minutes of watching it. The same applied to crawlers even if you didn't leave the vicinity. But going off what you said, it does seem that zombies tend to die out faster than usual.

Treyarch wants to make things more complicated for us. First, they remove crawlers as time-decoys. Now, they are forcing zombies to respawn quicker so the rounds will begin asap...perfect. It's not a huge deal, but it definitely is a hasty decision to make now considering we don't have all the time in the world anymore. Oh well - more challenge won't hurt.

Yeah, they would randomly die in the past. Usually it wouldn't end the round, though, unless you had damaged them to a certain extent or (I think) if they had damaged you enough. For instance, I could keep a zombie on the bus window all day without him dying and ending the round... but my friend (who isn't the best zombies player) would keep getting hit by the zombie and after a few minutes the round would end.

But now they will die and end the round quickly regardless of whether they had damaged you or vice-verse.

I get the idea of adding difficulty, and I can deal with it... but my friends probably won't. Again, they're not the best at zombies so now going down means good freakin' luck getting back to their perks again. And playing on "Easy" difficulty is just boring as hell for me.

More than anything, though, I don't like them just randomly changing key gameplay mechanics after establishing the way the game works throughout a few months of play. What next, Denizens instantly down you if you get touched by them? I dunno, I know a lot of people will disagree, but I'm really disappointed.

Edit; as far as I've been able to tell, it seems to either only or primarily happen when you get far enough for the zombie to respawn. As if there's a 25% chance it will not respawn and instead end the round. This means that keeping the last zombie on the bus window is still an adequate way of keeping him around. That or running slowly through the fog so he can keep up. So, instead of adding actual difficulty, the result is that the map becomes even more slow-paced with twice as much waiting around. The last thing Green Run needed, in my opinion.

Ok, Sooo that is really F*****G ***, I just tested it out & I can CONFIRM that the ROUND ENDS itself. I did the Exact same thing I've ALWAYS done in SOLO since the game came out. Built the Turbine, Teleported to Town, Opened Bank, Got Money, Bought Jugg & Stamin-Up, Then OTW to Power. BOOM Round Ends & I almost Die. That is really F*****g annoying after being used to something for 2 months then they all of a sudden change it. Next I'm going to try out EMPing a Zombie & seeing if they put a capp on that as well!!!

That sucks ! I can say that I enjoy hard games, I like to get angry at the game and have fun after getting to knowing it. But IMO that's just stupid, changing the game mechanics 3 months after its release is a stupid move.

I totally agree. If they wanted it to be that way they should have made it that way a long time ago, not now.

Update: I did get the Beams to Appear on the Landr-0-Mat Door. So they are still their!!

That sucks ! I can say that I enjoy hard games, I like to get angry at the game and have fun after getting to knowing it. But IMO that's just stupid, changing the game mechanics 3 months after its release is a stupid move.

It's more like padding the difficulty, really. Like I said in my edit earlier... it seems like you can still keep him around if you stay close to him (or have a better chance at it, at least), so it makes things more slow-paced and boring than anything. And what is this going to mean for future maps? We want to explore, experiment with the EEs, etc... but we can't do what we've always done throughout the history of Zombies and leave one zombie so we can run around? Now somebody has to babysit him and hopefully he won't die and start the next round. It's more adding annoyance than difficulty. I really don't know what they were thinking.

Was just about to make a thread on this but you beat me to it.

Yes, I tested this a bit. Zombies that have taken no damage now die out when you leave the immediate vicinity. In other words, they will NOT respawn on you. The round simply ends. I wonder if this can be exploited to fly through rounds faster... gather a group of zombies, then run away fast and see if they all die without you firing a shot.

This doesn't seem to work until the final wave of a round. I tried doing this from the start (was testing on round 14 and 15) and they were still spawning as I moved around the map; I'll have to test it more to be certain, though. Pretty stupid of Treyarch to change this honestly, it really hurts you as you now have to slowly walk the last runner around. It also takes the fun away a bit for me. I hope they update this again and make it go back to the way it was.

On a better note, I checked to see if the barrier glitch in the tunnel works, and now you can't even put your shield down in that corner. About time. Haven't looked at the power station glitch yet.

Might just be me but the zombies seem a bit faster and I'm getting swiped at (successfully) more than I was earlier. But I'm not sure on that.

Was just about to make a thread on this but you beat me to it.

Yes, I tested this a bit. Zombies that have taken no damage now die out when you leave the immediate vicinity. In other words, they will NOT respawn on you. The round simply ends. I wonder if this can be exploited to fly through rounds faster... gather a group of zombies, then run away fast and see if they all die without you firing a shot.

This doesn't seem to work until the final wave of a round. I tried doing this from the start (was testing on round 14 and 15) and they were still spawning as I moved around the map; I'll have to test it more to be certain, though. Pretty stupid of Treyarch to change this honestly, it really hurts you as you now have to slowly walk the last runner around. It also takes the fun away a bit for me. I hope they update this again and make it go back to the way it was.

On a better note, I checked to see if the barrier glitch in the tunnel works, and now you can't even put your shield down in that corner. About time. Haven't looked at the power station glitch yet.

Might just be me but the zombies seem a bit faster and I'm getting swiped at (successfully) more than I was earlier. But I'm not sure on that.

I thought they seemed faster too. I also noticed that in the patch notes (which doesn't mention Zombies at all, by the way) it says that the AI pathing for bots was slightly improved. Since Zombies is now on the multiplayer engine, I'm wondering if perhaps the zombies aren't actually faster, but also got that slight pathing improvement, causing them to get to you a bit faster.

i agree with beebop17,

im all for it! it might actually force people to start ridin the bus more. leave a crawler and do what they got to. im guessing most people just want to do things the fast way instead of what would be the alternative way.

*scratches his head* thats the reason why i dont expect things of nobody .

people are lazy..

people would rather try and prove you wrong rather than helping out

most likely cause ithe easy way out

think outside the box and dont rule out findings that could possibly be something

just cause you got your minds made up on how things should be and how to do it...

doesnt mean its the right way, or the best way...

argg so frustrated

I'm with you guys in saying that this isn't much of an issue. Just curious, though.. is this only the 360 update, or PS3 as well? I know PS3 won't be getting the DLC for another month, so i don't know if they patched the game or not.

Also, you can still have a zombie clinging to the bus from the sounds of it if you're playing multiplayer, just have someone camp with the zombie while you go off and buy whatever it is you have to buy.

Glad i did the EE last week though from the sounds of it.

I'm playing TranZit solo on PS3 right now and apparently nothing changed. No update and nothing changed on the leaderboards.

I guess only Xbox got the update because of the DLC.

Maybe it's because you're playing solo I dont really know though. What I ment by check the leaderboards is on xbox people have 99 rounds 0 kills.

Yeah I gotta say this really changes the game and not for the better

As someone has already said it just makes the game slower or makes it so you have to use the bus to get from place to place which again is slower

I wouldn't mind it for co op but for solo I want to just have 15 minutes of "boredom" at the beginning, get set up and bang out the rounds, I only get to the twenties anyway so it's not like this way was getting me to ridiculously high rounds, the way I see this is they've made it less fun for the majority of players who aren't very good and just slightly more challenging for the players who can already get to the 40+ rounds

It's not like you get your perks on round 1 and then there's no challenge for the rest of the game, unless you are a god at this game you will probably go down in the first 25 rounds and then have to get all your perks back which was hard enough most times that it happened after round 18

I only need to say one thing CHECK THE LEADERBOARDS. This was not intential. It's a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm going to end this by saying CHECK THE LEADERBOARDS.

So... either it was unintentional, or it just wasn't thought through very well. But if one of our users posted "I wonder if it could be used to fly through to high rounds" shortly after the patch came out, one would think the developers themselves would have considered this.

My guess? They changed something in preparation for Die Rise and it ended up having unintentional effects in TranZit. Remember, in Black Ops they could change how the game handled the final zombie and respawns by map. In Ascension, for instance, you could run all the way across the map from the final zombie and it wouldn't respawn... but in Moon the zombie would respawn unless you damaged it in some way. And I think it worked in an entirely different way in Call of the Dead (been a long time since I played that map, though). It's possible that now that the game runs on the multiplayer engine, they have to change these things for all maps at once and not on a map-by-map basis.

If this change did not come to the PS3 or PC then I'd say there's a good chance this is the case... preparing for the new map just screwed something up. The thing that sucks is that if this is unintentional and is a bug of some sort, we'll be waiting a while before it's fixed because patches take time, are expensive, and need to go through a long approval process on Xbox.

on xbox people have 99 rounds 0 kills.

And it's not even really cheating since that's how the game mechanics work now.

Good News

I'm 99% certain that this is simply a bug and will be patched. Reason's being:

1. Players Exploit this and reach 99 with no kills, downs, ect...

2. Training MULTIPLE Zombies die after a certain amount of time.

The Better News

AS LONG AS, The players remain together as a group, the zombies will have no reason to die and respawn. I'm sure you've noticed in the past, that whenever the last zombie was being "baby sitted" it would die and respawn near another player.

We've proven this theory because we kept a zombie with us at all times while opening the bank, buying perks, turning on the power, ect... We completed this by simply riding the bus, YOU HAVE TO USE THE BUS. Keep the zombie, on, in, or chasing the bus. If you don't, when you enter the fog as a group the zombie WILL die and respawn in front of you originally, but as for this bug it will just flat out die.

:arrow: So, until this bug is fixed. Stick together as a group, use the bus, and continue as normal.

They have in fact patched the tunnel glitch.. Finally. They also patched the glitch just outside of town across from the teleporter.. Good.. They did not patch the glitch on the steps at the farm, and apparently haven't fixed the power glitch either. At least 1/2 of them are gone, especially the tunnel.

AS LONG AS, The players remain together as a group, the zombies will have no reason to die and respawn. I'm sure you've noticed in the past, that whenever the last zombie was being "baby sitted" it would die and respawn near another player.

We've proven this theory because we kept a zombie with us at all times while opening the bank, buying perks, turning on the power, ect... We completed this by simply riding the bus, YOU HAVE TO USE THE BUS. Keep the zombie, on, in, or chasing the bus. If you don't, when you enter the fog as a group the zombie WILL die and respawn in front of you originally, but as for this bug it will just flat out die.

:arrow: So, until this bug is fixed. Stick together as a group, use the bus, and continue as normal.

It's good that it can be handled somewhat, but unless things go back to they way they were, I'm probably not going to be playing TranZit anymore (or at least not on solo). My biggest complaint about TranZit is how slow-paced and boring it can get. Either you're standing around on/waiting for the bus, or you take the slightly quicker option and run through the map's vast nothingness to get to what you need to do. Being forced to take the bus just makes the game even slower and more full of boring stretches of doing nothing. Not sure what jinro's weird rant about laziness was all about (seems he somehow was trying to turn this thread into a "nobody listens to my Easter egg theories!" thing), but I really don't want to spend my time standing around for 5 minutes and waiting for a bus in a video game.

Guess we'll just wait and see if things go back to normal in a few weeks. I would say that hopefully the developers let us know if it was, in fact, a bug... but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get a straight answer out of them about anything.

They have in fact patched the tunnel glitch.. Finally. They also patched the glitch just outside of town across from the teleporter.. Good.. They did not patch the glitch on the steps at the farm, and apparently haven't fixed the power glitch either. At least 1/2 of them are gone, especially the tunnel.

What about the one where if you get surrounded and look at the ground you take no damage? I can't believe that ever made it into the game in the first place...