Will Die Rise contain any new persistant upgrades?

:?: :?: :?:

I think it would be pretty neat if it did!

Also, since it seems like the map's natural hazard is going to be the verticality aspects (and not lava/exploding zombies), I think a short lasting nerfed version of flopper, where you get reduced splash damage and lose it if you do not kill with an explosive weapon for x zombies, could be quite balanced if done right.

I hope treyarch continues on the path of less perk machines, more abilities gained through gameplay.

What do you guys think? Will there be new upgrades available to obtain on Die Rise? What are some good ideas you have for upgrades that could be added?

-ER

UPDATE: 1st new persistent upgrade has been found; Red Insta-kill!

There are more, I know it!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question! I'm thinking that if they do include the persistent upgrades, they'll be the same three from Green Run - TranZit, plus perhaps a nullified fall damage upgrade.

Hey thanks for replying!

I do agree that the three confirmed upgrades from Green Run will most likely make a return; they may or may not actually carry directly over. ie if you have fast revive now, you may or may not have it on Die Rise to start.

However, I don't think that 0 fall damage will be added. The reason for this is because that would take away the danger element of the map. I think this is reason why there was no flopper/reduced splash damage upgrade in Green Run. It would take away from the natural dangers of the map being exploding zombies and lava.

That being said I again expect no actual flopper perk machine on this map as it would also cause 0 fall damage.

I am hopeful that treyarch will push the idea of persistent upgrades further as they appear to pushing the idea of buildables. So I'm really expecting some new ones to be added. :)

We have seen this game evolve so much over it's life span and it will continue to evolve, which is part of what makes these DLCs and new additions so exciting!