Die Rise New Info

LiamFTWinter

Die Rise

I also got a chance to play through some of the new Zombies level, Die Rise. You start in what appears to be a hotel lobby, with a large desk, some stairs, an elevator…and a whole lot of sky where the wall should be. This is a skyscraper, and something apocalyptic happened here, because there are chunks of the building missing and destruction outside. “The environment is so different that it creates new gameplay,” explains producer Reza Elghazi. “It’s not just escaping zombies — you have to worry about your environment, and just dying by falling.” Zombies design director Jimmy Zielinski echoed that sentiment. “This brings a lot of verticality and risk to your movements,” he said. “If you run and turn the corner, that corner might not be there. Take it slow, find out where you are, and make a plan — and don’t die.”

Despite that warning, I died. Earning a little money let my crew unlock a few doors, clear away rubble, and see just how bad the surroundings were. The path we explored revealed more and more of the rubble — a destroyed store, an abandoned inactive escalator, an open elevator shaft, holes in walls that led to unknown areas…or just outside into thin air. At one point I stepped forward, only to slide into the remains of another building which has inverted. I found myself in a room where the clock and light fixtures were mounted upside-down, for instance. I won’t ruin any surprises – you’ll explore it soon enough yourself, and when you do, tell me what you can build with the parts I found scattered around the ruins. But I will say that we found that if everybody gets in the elevator at the start of the level, it heads down to a completely different area of the building…

From One of Swords - http://oneofswords.com/2013/01/hands-on ... +Swords%29

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some more new info. From IGN

Die Rise

The name may induce an eye roll, but this new Zombies map feels very different from the rest of Black Ops 2. Instead of relatively open spaces, Die Rise places you in a crumbling skyscraper. It’s much more claustrophobic than Tranzit, consisting almost entire of tight hallways, many of which have holes in them allowing zombies to attack from above. You can use the elevator to move around, though doing so can be…err…risky, and usually pieces of the building break in such a way that you can leap between sections.

Just like in Tranzit, taking the time to learn the level will be paramount in Die Rise. Run around a corner too fast and you might fall to your death, and you’ll need to save your precious resources to purchase access to new parts of the world. A ton of parts are scattered about the building, though my team and I never managed to find a work bench.

On top of the undead legions, you’ll also face a deadly new minion. They look similar to the goblin-like enemies that lash out at you in the fog on Tranzit, only they come during specific waves, and can do short teleports around the environment. They go down really easily, but can pick off a survivor who strays out on their own with ease.

Something I'd like to make note of is the comparison to Tranzit, and the mention of the teleporting creatures. The comparison implies that this is not within the Tranzit gamemode, but simply a Survival map. And the teleporting creatures sound a lot like Phasing Zombies from Moon. And they get their own round now too? Neat.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/25/c ... -breakdown

via polygon.com,

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/25/3914438/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-revolution-preview

Fans of Call of Duty's Zombies mode will also get access to Die Rise, a new map for the cooperative multiplayer mode. Die Rise brings verticality to Zombies mode, starting players at the top floor of a destroyed high rise building in China. Players must work together to climb down the building, avoiding hordes of undead along the way.

What makes Die Rise so fascinating is its disorienting architecture. The map is dark and mazelike, with multiple pathways, including some risky, deadly jumps that players can attempt to speed their descent. For the more careful player, other avenues — escalators, rickety elevators — can be accessed through teamwork and purchases. Given the multiple routes, its easy to get lost and quickly separated from the group.

Here's some more new info. From IGN

Something I'd like to make note of is the comparison to Tranzit, and the mention of the teleporting creatures. The comparison implies that this is not within the Tranzit gamemode, but simply a Survival map. And the teleporting creatures sound a lot like Phasing Zombies from Moon. And they get their own round now too? Neat.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/25/c ... -breakdown

You could be right , but it could also be that the person from IGN just made what is a common mistake among zombie players by calling the map Tranzit instead of Green Run and was really just comparing the two maps, not the two modes. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday!

You could be right , but it could also be that the person from IGN just made what is a common mistake among zombie players by calling the map Tranzit instead of Green Run and was really just comparing the two maps, not the two modes. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday!

Perhaps, but also note that he says "skyscraper" and not "skyscrapers" when referring to the setting.

Going by that information, the switch from Green Run to Die Rise sounds similar to that of Call of the Dead to Shangri-La. Remember in the Annihilation Preview trailer, Jimmy mentioned how Shangri-La was a sort of contrast to COTD, how it was a tight, close-quarters area compared to the open space of Siberia? Maybe Die Rise will provide a much more difficult challenge in tight spaces, perhaps forcing you into one decision or another.

I'm starting to think that at some point in this map we are going to end up flipping the who map around. And what I mean by that is playing on the ceiling. Whether its part of the EE or just part of map I think the rooms that have stuff on the ceiling will end up switching somehow

The little hint at the end about the elevator makes me think that we will ride down to a secret lab like the haarp research center in green run or the labs in Five. Here will be the power, and a gravity switching device thingy. This allows you to walk on the ceiling as well as any zombies. The fact that some rooms are upside down is a hint that there is something to do on the roof in that level.

OR gravity switches every round. Hmm.

The little hint at the end about the elevator makes me think that we will ride down to a secret lab like the haarp research center in green run or the labs in Five. Here will be the power, and a gravity switching device thingy. This allows you to walk on the ceiling as well as any zombies. The fact that some rooms are upside down is a hint that there is something to do on the roof in that level.

OR gravity switches every round. Hmm.

I think the most likely suggestion so far is that the elevator collapses now that the end of the article has been changed to.

But I will say that we found that if everybody gets in the elevator at the start of the level, something happens…

can wait for the hate threads on it lol

Please spare me.

Whle both five and shangri-la had the same general idea (thin corridors and tight gaps) this map will most likely take on a more five-ish atmosphere, with the buildings and technology. It will honestly most likely be less to the extreme with this idea like shangri-la, because they know how much a bunch of the fans dislike it when it's too cramped. I personally like the idea.

Now don't quote me on this,,, I don't think it's right.,, but what if this time around there is only 1 work bench? But multiple items to build! Say you found the three parts of, oh say, a turret... You would have to bring each part to the workbench and build it, then you could use it once, then build another item?

OR! maybe the workbench has gone all mystery box on us! Making it so we can only build certain parts at certain times... :shock:

Where is your god now?

(Jk hes right over there man!) :lol:

Well actually, you may remember that the first time we actually heard the name Die Rise was on the GameStop posters. Back then it was written as [die] rise. The fact that die is in brackets shows that it holds no deeper meaning than being a play on of high rise, made to fit the zombie atmosphere. However the word rise seems to suggest the actual act of rising. Ascension anyone?

I doubt the entire building is upside down. Perhaps gravity is shifted so we work from the top floor to the basement (seemingly rising) where we then shift the gravity back to normal to rise to the roof again?