Is Die Rise really a tranZit map?

NZheadshot1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we are thinking to direct on this. Think of it this way. Before we knew the name, we kept calling Green Run TranZit. Right?

We know that Tranzit is the name of the Game Mode that involves the Story. Now look at the Leaderboad. It says Green Run, then it has each Mode. TranZit, Grief, Survival and now Turned.

Look at the new Leaderboard. Instead of saying Die Rise is says Great Leap Foward.

So perhaps the Map is called Great Leap Forward and Die Rise is a new name for TranZit Mode.

Basically what I'm trying to say is. Die Rise is the name of the Story Mode like TranZit is the name of the Story Mode for Green Run.

because of the return of our 4 characters which up until now have only been seen in tranzit mode and the return of build-able items which also have only been seen in tranzit mode. I think it is safe to assume tranzit mode will return on die rise. the question is what is the new mode of transportation in this mode? Rickshaw? Helicopter? or my personal theory of a subway train? any way you look at it the answer will be here in 2 short days.

because of the return of our 4 characters which up until now have only been seen in tranzit mode and the return of build-able items which also have only been seen in tranzit mode. I think it is safe to assume tranzit mode will return on die rise. the question is what is the new mode of transportation in this mode? Rickshaw? Helicopter? or my personal theory of a subway train? any way you look at it the answer will be here in 2 short days.

It's not TranZit. Those things you listed will be in every BO2 map from now on. TranZit is the only one to feature them because it's the first map on BO2. Besides Charlie Intel played the map and tweeted about it saying it was one compact map. No bus or anything like that. TranZit was exclusive to Green Run.

Game Modes -

TranZit - A Survival game mode which incorporates smaller maps into 1 large playable map.

Die Rise - A Survival game mode which incorporates smaller maps into 1 large playable map.

Grief - a co-op game mode which up to 8 players can play 4 v 4 against each other.

Turned - 1 person is a playable human, 3 people are playable Zombies.

Survival - A playable smaller map from the game mode TranZit/Die Rise - i.e. Bus Depot, Farm, Town

Map Names -

Green Run - The collective map name which encompasses (currently) 3 smaller maps (Bus Depot, Farm, Town) & modes(Survival, Grief, Turned)

Great Leap Foward - I would assume this to be collective map name which encompasses smaller maps (i.e. - Foyer, Level 3, Basement) & modes (Survival, Grief, Turned)

I'm certain that either 3 or 4 smaller playable maps will be added to the Great Leap Forward section i.e. -

Great Leap Forward - Survival/Grief - Foyer

Great Leap Forward - Survival/Grief - Floor 3

Great Leap Forward - Survival/Grief - Basement

Green Run - Survival/Grief - Town

Green Run - Survival/Grief - Farm

Green Run - Turned - Diner

I'm sure that 1 map on Great Leap Foward will have Turned.

TranZit is the name of the story-related map in Green Run, not a mode. They're won't be other maps in 'TranZit' mode because that doesn't exist. So you won't ever be playing Die Rise in TranZit mode.

TranZit is the name of the story-related map in Green Run, not a mode. They're won't be other maps in 'TranZit' mode because that doesn't exist. So you won't ever be playing Die Rise in TranZit mode.

I disagree green run is the map which is broken into parts i.e. the bus depot, the diner, farm and town. the modes that can be played in green run are survival grief and tranzit (and turned with the dlc). "tranzit" per say may not return but I think there will be a story based mode or an easter egg to encompass all parts of the die rise map. Why would they stop the story anyway? If our characters move on doesn't it stand to reason that the story behind their actions will too? The zombies story line is too deep for them to just move on without cause or reason. If they did the fans would go crazy. every dlc up until now has added something to the story why should this one be any different?

Have you guys not looked at the front end on Xbox.. The map is call The Great Leap Forward.. Comparable to the map Green Run.. The mode is called Die Rise.. Comparable to Tranzit on Green Run.. It's right there in front of you already.

Die Rise is DEFINATELY the name of the map they said it like 10 times in the video (no I didn't count) and all of the ads on their website say so. I saw where it says Great Leap Forward on the leaderboards in the spot where they have the other map names but why would they say that is the name of the map if it isn't?

Have you guys not looked at the front end on Xbox.. The map is call The Great Leap Forward.. Comparable to the map Green Run.. The mode is called Die Rise.. Comparable to Tranzit on Green Run.. It's right there in front of you already.

Die Rise is DEFINATELY the name of the map they said it like 10 times in the video (no I didn't count) and all of the ads on their website say so. I saw where it says Great Leap Forward on the leaderboards in the spot where they have the other map names but why would they say that is the name of the map if it isn't?

They also called Green Run TranZit multiple times before release. Heck, that's ALL they called it. People here had so many theories on what on earth "Green Run" was before the game's release.

In short, Treyarch simply uses the main game mode (Die Rise) to refer to their maps, instead of the actual map name (Great Leap Forward).

They also called Green Run TranZit multiple times before release. Heck, that's ALL they called it. People here had so many theories on what on earth "Green Run" was before the game's release.

In short, Treyarch simply uses the main game mode (Die Rise) to refer to their maps, instead of the actual map name (Great Leap Forward).

their website says and I quote

"DIE RISE

Overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city. In this new and original Zombies map, players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices to fight a relentless army of the undead throughout Escher-esque sceneries over a deep and perilous chasm"

their website says and I quote

"DIE RISE

Overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city. In this new and original Zombies map, players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices to fight a relentless army of the undead throughout Escher-esque sceneries over a deep and perilous chasm"

They never referenced the name of the map in that paragraph. Yes, they have it under the Die Rise section, but they don't explicitly call it "Die Rise".

The name of the map is Great Leap Forward, and unless Treyarch changes it last minute, that is how it will stay. This isn't debatable, my friend, it's fact.

• Administrators

Great Leap Forward is the name of the map. The Leadboards categorize the maps vertically, whereas the modes are horizontal. That's why you have Green Run, Nuketown, and Great Leap Forward aligned together; they're all maps.

You'll never see it a mode in this column. Why? Because that's how it is categorized. Die Rise is the name of the mode which is played on the Great Leap Forward map.

this is what they put for turned...

TURNED

In this new game mode, run and wreak havoc as a zombie, trying to kill the lone human in the map. Once you successfully kill the human, you respawn as the lone human. You only get points when you’re the human, so it’s important you fend off the hoard of zombies (i.e. the other players) for as long as possible!

why would they call one a mode and another a map if they are both modes?

TURNED

In this new game mode, run and wreak havoc as a zombie, trying to kill the lone human in the map. Once you successfully kill the human, you respawn as the lone human. You only get points when you’re the human, so it’s important you fend off the hoard of zombies (i.e. the other players) for as long as possible!

Because Turned is strictly a game mode on an existing map, and is advertised as one. They marketed the term Die Rise to synonymously refer to both the main mode for the map, and the name of the map itself, even though the map's name is completely different. They did the same thing with TranZit and Green Run.

I disagree green run is the map which is broken into parts i.e. the bus depot, the diner, farm and town. the modes that can be played in green run are survival grief and tranzit (and turned with the dlc). "tranzit" per say may not return but I think there will be a story based mode or an easter egg to encompass all parts of the die rise map. Why would they stop the story anyway? If our characters move on doesn't it stand to reason that the story behind their actions will too? The zombies story line is too deep for them to just move on without cause or reason. If they did the fans would go crazy. every dlc up until now has added something to the story why should this one be any different?

I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant that TranZit wasn't a gamemode, it was a one-off thing. I don't think we'll see a map like that again and that they will probably return to the old way of doing them, survival style. I never said they would end the story abrubtly- that would be absurd. You should look more closely at what I said.

TURNED

I dn't think you understand. The map names are Green Run, Nuketown and Great Leap Forward. The game modes are TranZit, Survival, Grief and now Turned. Note there is only one gamemode under Great Leap Forward, which is Die Rise. Die Rise is the new story related mode that will advance the story and feature things like a major easter egg, all perks, buildables, wonder weapons etc. All the other game modes are just twists of the areas in TranZit, that's it.

Also, my last post didn't work so well but I was quoting you.

I think basically each new map will be it's own "Gamemode"

Rez Tweeted: "RiZe" in one of his tweets right after the poster leaked. Does it sound similiar to "TranZit"?

I think this is how it will be from now on "One-Off" Modes will be our traditional survival/EE/quotes/N4/O4 maps.

The mode name will be different on each map, but will essentially be the same mode the only difference will be the mode of transportation. Game mechanics wise they will be identical.

TranZit=Bus

RiZe=Elevator

TranZit is the story based game mode. The actual map they advertise (i.e. TranZit, Die Rise so far) will be the story based game mode, and will further the storyline. Then there'll be other game modes (Survival, Grief, Turned so far) will be additional things for fun, and won't further the storyline.

Tranzit is the theme of the zombie story level....

Tranzit is the theme of the bus based story level while Die Rise will be the theme of the elevator based story level.

Does that make sense? It reads wierd.

TranZit > in Transit > bus transportation is the THEME which is not to be confused with the story mode level which is Green Run

Die Rise > High Rise > skyscrapers is the THEME of map pack 1 zombie modes which is not to be confused with gteat leap forward which is the story modes actual map name

Really dont get why its so hard to grasp

TraZit and Die Rise are the THEMES and future maps will probably go the same wau