Nacht der Untoten possibly in Japan?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing with basing the maps location via the mp maps is a little flawed, being there first cod, treyarch recycled a lot of the pre made materials for zombies (i.e the original characters, richtofen, dempsey, ect can all be found in the campaign) and the locations may be the same story, but the fact that all the other maps have a story line in them means that could mean something but the fact that nacht was a 'beta' test for zombies could just be a building in a mixing bowl to make a map (the console name for nacht is nazi_zombie_prototype) hinting to me that its location is irrelevant, but still good theory and chances are it true :)

• 3 weeks later...

the thing with basing the maps location via the mp maps is a little flawed, being there first cod, treyarch recycled a lot of the pre made materials for zombies (i.e the original characters, richtofen, dempsey, ect can all be found in the campaign) and the locations may be the same story, but the fact that all the other maps have a story line in them means that could mean something but the fact that nacht was a 'beta' test for zombies could just be a building in a mixing bowl to make a map (the console name for nacht is nazi_zombie_prototype) hinting to me that its location is irrelevant, but still good theory and chances are it true :)

The character thing is true:

Richtofen: General Amsiel

Takeo: Japanese Soldier [You see him in the first mission]

Dempsey: Polonsky(?)

Nikolai: Chernov

The nazi_zombie_prototype has nothing to do with the location. They called it "prototype" because they wanted to see how popular Nazi Zombies was. It also explains why they reused part of Airfield, because it would be a huge waste of disk space creating about 100 new models for a mode not many people like.

This is probably why Nacht has little to no relevance in the storyline, because Nacht was a success so Treyarch decided to start a "story" with Verruckt.

While Nacht does appear in TranZit, it has no purpose, other than housing a Jet Gun part.