Only Russman Can Hear Maxis Vertices?

polabonez

So Monday night, I finally completed the tower of babble, Richt way. I have failed a few attempts at it both Richt and Maxis... and I want to talk about the Maxis way for a second.

I am a firm believer there is still something to do on Tranzit (I know some of you aren't, and that's somewhat justified)... but I still believe it has to do with the Tratotamous? system, the obtuse scalene triangle, the vertices... I don't think that anyone has completely understood it yet. Every time I have talked with people I kind of get blank answers.. and then after the EE Monday something happened.

So we just completed Richt's way.. rather early and rather painlessly.. So we decided we would turn the power off and do it Maxis way...

Someone put a turbine down at the spire (also interesting, the guy playing Samuel said that Richt said something to him after completing the tower and doing this about a conspiracy, which I haven't seen before in any of the "ripped" audio files)... And I started to test my theory about setting the turbines down at the lampposts to listen to what they said about the vertices.

So I set my turbine down at the diner.. and heard nothing this time.. By the bridge (where I first heard it a long time ago) and heard nothing... I had my friend that I was playing with and set his down, and heard nothing...

So I just thought maybe since we had completed the Tower of Babble in that game it wouldn't activate those messages.

Then, the guy who was putting Russman set his down at the diner, and he heard it. I was in the cornfield at the time and ran over to that teleporter to set mine down (and teleport) and heard nothing. The guy playing Russman then put his down in town, and heard him say something about the "two points"...

Is it only Russman that can hear this part of Maxis? If so, I figure since Samuel is the only one that can hear Richt... maybe Russman has a certain thing only he can hear.. maybe this is another tower of babble way of doing...

In fact maybe there are more than two ways.. maybe 4... maybe different lights all together...

Can't play again to test it until Saturday, but I figured if any of you guys who still believe there is more to do want to further this or disprove it I'd put the information out here for you to run with.

Hope it helps something

-polabonez

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought everyone could hear Maxis?

Everybody CAN hear Maxis... He says turn the power off.. everyone hears it... But then he says "Continue what I have planned" or something.. and never gives any other instruction.

Then you set the turbines at the pylon, he says bring power, etc. etc.

Place your two turbines, and complete that TOB. What I'm saying is that I've heard him talk about the vertices before when placing a turbine at the LAMPPOSTS (not the tower) after turning the power off (but never paid attention who I was playing with) and when trying to recreate this I couldn't hear him. Only the guy playing Russman could... As far as I know there was no other intangible that would set it off why he could hear it and I couldn't...

So what I'm saying, is maybe SOME Things only one of the players can hear for whatever reason, just like Samuel can only hear Richt.

I'm going to play with it more myself, but I know some of you like to hunt, and I think this is a good lead to start.

This is actually very interesting. If you don't mind, could you message me what you know about the verticles and scalene theory? I'd like to hear about it.

It might be a long type up .. I have a theory I really feel pretty good about... now that there are maps out there that I feel are pretty much to scale. but sure I'll send you my opinions on it.

• Administrators

I thought everyone could hear Maxis?

As long as you are near certain locations that have some form of electric current (pylon, buildings, streetlights, etc.), Maxis is audible to everyone.

This is actually very interesting. If you don't mind, could you message me what you know about the verticles and scalene theory? I'd like to hear about it.

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27634

This thread has a great post about the possible vertices Maxis mentions, as well as the subsequent formations. It's a rather long read, yes, but it's probably the most information regarding to topic. In a short statement, there are several possibilities to a scalene formation; however, it doesn't necessarily mean that a triangle is present.

As long as you are near certain locations that have some form of electric current (pylon, buildings, streetlights, etc.), Maxis is audible to everyone.

IS HE Though??? Monday night he wasn't... I was standing right next to the lamp post in the cornfield setting my turbine down... and heard nothing.

The guy playing Russman set his down at the diner (or the town I dont remember which particular one he was at then) and I was still at that same lamp post and he heard it and told me about it.. I heard nothing.

• Administrators

The guy playing Russman set his down at the diner (or the town I dont remember which particular one he was at then) and I was still at that same lamp post and he heard it and told me about it.. I heard nothing.

That's because the streetlights in given locations are pre-set to play Maxis' audio file. The Bus Depot and Diner are the only areas where you can hear Maxis upon placing a Turbine near the streetlights. Anywhere else, and the system will not be complete for finishing the Easter Egg.

Just thought I'd add my two cents: when I re-did the Easter Egg, I was playing as Misty and heard Maxis throughout the game.

That's because the streetlights in given locations are pre-set to play Maxis' audio file. The Bus Depot and Diner are the only areas where you can hear Maxis upon placing a Turbine near the streetlights. Anywhere else, and the system will not be complete for finishing the Easter Egg.

Just thought I'd add my two cents: when I re-did the Easter Egg, I was playing as Misty and heard Maxis throughout the game.

This isn't true about the only two points.....

When I first heard this Maxis audio file (and I don't know who I was)... I was at the pylon next to the bridge. I'm 100% sure of it.

And I know that the guy playing russman said he heard something (he wasnt sure what) from Maxis it at the town lamp post too...

But aside from the EE you did.. I'm not saying you can't hear Maxis when doing that Tower of Babble.. What I'm saying is did he talk about the nodes? When you do the maxis side (which although I haven't completed I ahve done all the way up to we prematurely EMP'd the Electric zombie just ouside of the tower like idiots) you hear that part of it...

but he never talks of the nodes... After you do that he just asks for more power and you put your turbines down.. .correct?

The nodes can be done before killing the electric zombie, before setting two turbines down at the tower.. etc.