ZFFS: Orbs & Rays - Observation and Manipulation

KeredNomrah69

This recent update was made in partial haste. I have taken the opportunity of renewed interest in tranzit to go ahead and post what I have been working on for over a month now. My delay has been research completely countering what I have known as time has progressed. Certain thing's like the box orb's and town ray's always throw a loop hole such as recently activating a slight orb on the laundrymat door and now continuous orb's that refuse to rise out of the box even though I had no known evidence of this ever happening besides teddy bear hit's.

My main problem for this thread is my recent loss of being able to take picture's. I had marked where and what pictures I wanted up in the hope of going back and filling in when I had the proper equipment but alas that hasn't happened. If anyone is willing to help get footage and/or picture's please help me as I will always post up anything I get and give credit where it's due. Anything I have put in the above post to get picture's from I can recreate and will do gladly with anyone's request.

Now onto the good stuff and what's happened in detail for my orb activation for the bank/jug street light.

I have successfully activated the orb twice now and have seen video footage of others who have as well which points towards more clues. Both times during activation I was not purposely trying to create the orb, however, for both times I had bought the bus depot door and also had physically rode the bus and activated power myself by putting it together. On both of those time's the turbine wasn't built till after the door was opened (playing with randoms, someone grabs the last part and refuses to put it on or pretends they don't have it). This erked me to no end till I saw an NGT zombie video I had seen countless time's on orbs but this time I noticed he actually had a turbine part in his inventory meaning he never put it together and this of course was the same orb location as the one I activated.

With Mr.Dr. discussion on other orbs I have seen similarities involving power activation and lampport teleporters needing to be on as well. It was my belief that they needed to be either active in a certain combo or been used (all of my game's have teleporter usage randomly). One thing between all of the orb's that have been seen physically turning on is that it is done by turning the power on with possible prepared step's done before it.

This has been and will be a pet project of mine and I'm always investigating on Tranzit. If you play xbox live and do research then please send me a message so if we're both on we can help eachother try some more things out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went ahead and redid the "original post" to convert it into an image collection. Also, added the "Resource Appendix". I realize that while although I have researched a lot, there are of course thing's that I will miss. My hope with these new sections that with looking over footage and evidence you may be able to come to a conclusion that others have overlooked.

If anyone wishes to help or is also interested in the subject and often review other people's work (videos, pics taken, threads) then feel free to post up the link's here so I can add them in. If you would rather not post then simply message me the info and I'll be able to update it. Over the next the following days I will be putting up everything I can find on the matter. It is my hope again that with others analyzing skills we might be able to find something.

*Possible Progress*

It was my belief for the longest that only "Misty" was the character that saw the "Bank/Jug Streetlight Orb". Of course after a quick research I found that was not true. However, in my searching I have found only video/images of Misty and Marlton seeing Richtofen orb's in town while Russman and Stu only see Maxis Orb's in town. The exception being "Mixed" orb's of both blue and red.

Also, I've noticed a trend but do not have enough material to say for sure but I believe the opposite is true at the Tower. Meaning, Marlton and Misty will see red orb's at the tower while Russman and Stu see blue. If any of this is true that mean's different tower color's in game would mean different steps needing to be done as well as having to be a specific character which could explain a lack of progress.

Currently rewriting my thread/theory so itll be easier to understand, and I might have something to contribute to the orbs.

Playing a game with some randoms I happened to generate the orb.

Details:Full Lobby

Character:Sam

Orb seen:On pylon, Bottom White sparking attenna, Facing Nacht Red(had maxis side previously done)

Round:7

I had a theory that in order to get the next step, we would have to get all the orbs on the pylon. I came about this theory because the last step people do is the lampost, and the newest thing we cant figure out EXACTLY is how these are generated. Some say they do nothing and they are there. Some say they just turn power on. I'm just giving my own account of these events.

Long ago i had seen a video that extremely peaked my interest with the orbs. Go to YouTube and type in Black ops 2 glowing orb next step tuturioal: by 1percentlegit. In the vid. I believe 3 players leave there turbines at bus, diner, and cornfield. They don't touch em, he's adamant about that fact and it stuck with me. They leave them and then I assume player 4 turns power on. Some players could see the orb that appeared on pylon and some didnot. Another interesting fact was that the player in bus depot recieved a quote from Maxis about the two obtuse vertices of the scalene. A red flag jumped up with the combo of receiving a quote and an orb on the pylon.Whether or not it was related I took note of it and continued me EE hunt.

Remembering this video I tried to generate the orbs in a random match. Turbine was built, im sure the ground cracked but we did not open the door to bus depot. I assume every1 grabbed a turbine. Ik for a fact Sam(me) and Misty had one. Since I cannot hear Maxis I theorized that the characters themselves would make an indication if I placed my turbine at the correct lampost. Laying it at bus depot, diner, and church lampost(the one directly after diner lava) produced no results. I am not sure who purchased the Gas station at diner but it was bought and the box was hit. Every1 got on the bus and rode it to farm, I hopped off tried church lampost...nothing.

Ran until I caught up with the crew at farm, who already bought the door. By the time I checked for the piece in the barn, the bus was leaving. Deciding that it wasn't worth the effort to try and chase it I took my time and headed to corn lampost. Purchased the Remington 4 the denizens. Once I got to cornfield lampost I finally got a result. Upon placing it Stuh said "Wait a min... You mean I actually turned something on?!!". To me this especially stuck out. It sounded like a basic quote that I've heard before.... But why didn't he say it at any previous lamppost. So I left it. Roughly 4 seconds later I made a teleporter, but the quote was deff. heard before I made it.

Trying to follow up on this theory I was about to run to power when I heard it turning on, I would say about 15 seconds after I made the teleporter. I walked back to the lamppost and kept shooting the denizens off of my head until power was completely on. And the instant, I mean instant that the power hit its peak...BAM!! Sparkly Red Orb dust... On the bottom white sparking antenna, facing the corn lamppost an Nach. Also the moment it spawned it shot a ray 4rm the orb to the tip of the pylon. 

**At 1st I assumed that it was the act

of me leaving my turbine at the lamppost while power came on had caused the orb alone. However when I watched the video, Misty got stuck in the area of the P.A.P door and laid her turbine down also while power was on. Had I not viewed my video then I might have missed this critical piece of info.**** 

This had my gears turning like crazy, because I too have done enormous amounts of researching the backstory, etc. Mainly tho, I believe that listening to the characters in particular, like it is an actual story and pay attention to quotes is how we will eventually figure more out. Not only that but paying attention to the facts.

I couldn't help but notice that once power is turned on, the pylon is also powered. Once powered it shows morse code on 2 of the antennas. I believe they are the exact same as in town. Upon closer observation there are 3 white sparking antenna, and a long cord running 4rm the pylon to the corn. Inside of power there is one long cord that runs 4rm the core of power n2 a wall. I assume this is the same power cord. I won't go into extreme detail but remember Kino and Der rese? We had to link the teleporters in order to activate them and I beleive this is no different seeing as to Dr. Maxis is the one providing instructions. 

Going off of all this I believe the way to trigger the orbs rely on a combination of leaving a turbine down at the right lampost, and also one at the pack a punch door in power. The specific 3 I would

Assume would be the ones were you hear Dr. Maxis speaks. Evidence in his quotes talk about a specific design he wants you to make, so perhaps we have to be a little more thorough when doing the last step aka the Tricontomas System.

I will rewrite my theory in full and try to explain it more thoroughly and simple, it is very difficult to take what's in my head and place it on paper =^p.

Thank you for the information Mr.Dr., I've entered the video into the post you spoke of and hopefully can get some more details about your game from you if you still have it saved.

I've expanded onto some of the general area's, entered new section's such as Thread's/Write up's in the resource appendix as well as the start of the gameplay archive. This is just one of many new step's I'm taking to include as much as possible. Over the next few weeks I have several other advancements I hope will bring more effort and co-operation in the community to finally do something with this mystery.

I ask that anyone from now on that gets an orb in a game simply save that game for someone to review or if you have the time be able to write down the steps taken. I will upload my full report in 4 hours when I return to the casa so that you may see exactly how to do it.

*Possible Progress*

Well seems my progress is more of a process of elimination. I received an orb finally of the Maxis side in town while playing as Marlton which I've put into the gameplay archive. After day's of trying to activate my friend talked me into playing a random public match and sure enough there sitting on the streetlight (laundry/jug) was maxis's orb. Grateful for the clarification on character and orb location not having boundaries but frustrated because I knew it was going to happen when I stopped trying lol.

Some thing's to note. The tower had both sides on it and I believe having this setup is the most encouraging way to activate orb's. If each specific orb has specific path's needing to be done then having all available for activation (both maxis and richtofen) means more chances of stumbling onto something. Also, while playing my friend and I never saw a box orb. However, when watching in theater mode we received two box orb's right off the bat. This could've been only visual to the 2 random's but they were stuck in the tunnel (hilarious though, made a joke about O4 doing a circle party on the bus and whoever drew the short straw had to sit between the two guys after which I closed the bus door's trapping them in the tunnel, laughed for days!)

Noticed as well with the orb's other cannot see it when spectating your screen, but you can see the orb's while spectating there screen even though they can't. To me that is extremely detailed coding and is way to purposeful to be considered a possible glitch anymore.

Edit: updated the OP with the gameplay that I had saved into the archive's. I tried to get as detailed as possible without going as far as every single kill. I might put a legend up if some people don't recognize some thing's such as DN (DieRise Navcard), TN (Tranzit Navcard), R/M (Richtofen/Maxis), and player abbreviations. Come on guys, we have to say we gave this a solid effort if we are going to leave it to the side. I need saved gameplays, experiences, and any type of contributions (images/links/videos). This is wide open for researching and we all can help this along.

Really loving this thread. Awesome job putting all this together. I am enjoying reliving all the thoughts and theories of Tranzit once more.

+1 KeredNomrah69

Thanks man I appreciate that. I see the view's on the thread going crazy but no one's posting so I assumed the google bot's were visiting often :P

*Progress Update*

Added the 2 player team listing up with progress on how to best find an orb or atleast hopefully have a setup that will best bring about results. Continuously adding to all the sections and trying to improve the information that's already there. Resource Appendix will always be added to every week, gameplay archive when made available.

I'm worried about the post's on the thread and possibly losing the important information within page's of posts so I'll try to work out something on the top post. Also, If we have plenty of people who want to be part of the 2 player teams then post up your interested and I'll add your name's to a list for others to contact you.

Half Weekly update for those Orb Hunter's out there. Few addition's have been made into the Team resource section as well as more video's added.

I have been playing with the split-screen strategy for some time now trying to recreate orb's. For over a week now I've played countless game's without even getting a box orb and was beginning to worry about this new process. My counter-theory for this being efficient was that even though your bank and fridge carry over to your guest, the EE progress may not. This was made even more worrisome by the fact that if you hover over a splitscreen's name in a lobby, the true rank of a 1 boner appears. This rank can be increased but always resets when you exit.

However, I am happy to report after a very long tranzit run and 200,000k spent on the box I was finally able to recreate a box orb through my split-screen guest who was spectating my screen. With the addition of myself viewing a streetlight orb through spectating a friend and now the guest spectating my screen seeing a box orb, I am confident that a guest can see a "Red Morse Code" streetlight Orb as well.

Edit: Just to add as a possible quirk. In this one particular game I spent 100k hitting the box, messed around with power etc for a lengthy bit of time, then spent another 100k hitting the box. It wasn't until I emptied my guest bank out to fill mine full then was going to use the remainder to hit the box but got the orb on the first hit, also another one on the 3rd hit. Just seems to coincidental that multiple people remark filling there banks then seeing orbs for me to not say something.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finaly able to trigger the Orb on the Traffic light near jug.

I'm russman and got a RPG and raygun with Orbits in the Box. PaP it and trigger the laundry door with the RPG and got a huge amount of beams that shoot right out of the door and hit the traffic light and the Orb appeared.

The Characters have quotes about the weapons in the Box. Russ Love explosives and both weapons are explosivs.

We have to Look further which weapons they want and these have to have Orbit weapons.

That let us able to get all 4 sparkling orbits on the map.

Stu: executioner and ?

Misty: s12 and ?

Russ: RPG and ray i think is confirmed, maybe warmachine

Marlton: have many quotes about weapons, must look deeper for him

Dont remember exactly, didnt Play it often last few months

Update**

i notice i get the box orbs more then i use to (dont know why)

but something thats never happened before, i open the box and get the orb, as usual i expect a weak gun to come. but the teddy bear popped up...ive never got an orb on a teddy bear.

so maybe the gun that the orb comes on doesnt matter? idk

Sorry guy's, I've had a reply in draft for a while now but there was a large section of it I kept redoing so I eventually just scraped it so I could move on.

Box orb wise I'm convinced it's not weapon related but map specific. If it was a box perk type deal we would probably see it on other maps as the teddy bear one now exists and also I've had several weapons with it even the knives at one point and as stated by infected115 and the original post you can still get it on a teddy bear.

the rays have to be some sort of glitch because i believe ps3 cant make them

I've actually thought about purchasing a ps3 for this reason alone lol. I'll eventually get one anyways because it's my preference but this motivates me because of scattered reports left and right. I know ps3 players who have declared seeing them but those are few and far compared to all the other format's. I just find it hard to dismiss them when they interact with the orb's and tower plus they just don't randomly go off like a lighting glitch, you have to actually activate them at a specific spot in a specific location. If it's a glitch then it's one hell of a coding malfunction.

* Update *

Unfortunately nothing productive. Couple of days of experimenting and not really getting anywhere. 211 days of existence on 3 forums with a total of 4271 views and I've received a total of 1 saved game-play of orb activation which was corrupted so I couldn't view it. It's going to take a while without co-operation so I suppose stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting post made on a forum outreach program I've done for this thread to gain more information. This is from Nikari Moroko hopefully I can obtain the gameplay of his latest orb activation so that I can do a break-down.

...I have witnessed twice now a blue orb descend from the sky out of nowhere and onto the Mystery Box after me buying it and it giving out a HAMR (first time) and Galil (second time)...

The third incident was with friends today... As soon as they reached town and came down into the Pack-A-Punch room, I left and found the orb floating on the stoplight between the bank and Juggernog house....

...D0nut has not completed the TranZit easter egg for either side, however, me and Revan1157 (player 3 that left early) completed that ourselves for Richtofen. Me and Revan were able to view the orb, but D0nut could not. I found that particularly interesting.

I've asked for more detail's so hopefully we can further investigation. I'm not sure about the orb coming from the sky but if he has indeed figured a way out to create orb's that can be viewed by multiple people then we may have something new to work with.

As a side note, I'm interested in the Mark 2 Ray Gun. If anyone sees an orb and has the gun try shooting it just to be certain since it is a new feature.

Having problems not running into orbs. Both times that I have seen the orbs the most is when I did the maxis easter egg then the Richthofen side but always after a few days the random orbs show up less and less. I need a crew of people who are willing to always have there banks maxed out and will run daily Easter Eggs switching from one side to the next, possibly both at times to test the reaction.

Having problems not running into orbs. Both times that I have seen the orbs the most is when I did the maxis easter egg then the Richthofen side but always after a few days the random orbs show up less and less. I need a crew of people who are willing to always have there banks maxed out and will run daily Easter Eggs switching from one side to the next, possibly both at times to test the reaction.

i always thought about that idea, could it infact be possible we do both sides of the easter egg in one game?? if so, whyyyyyy hasnt anybody tried it?

(i tried but someone would leave or die and mess everything up)

i always thought about that idea, could it infact be possible we do both sides of the easter egg in one game?? if so, whyyyyyy hasnt anybody tried it?

(i tried but someone would leave or die and mess everything up)

The post by liddgege123 is an ad spammer who copy and pasted a paragraph from my post on January 25th in this same thread. I've reported it so hopefully they'll just delete the user with his other spam pm's.

I've tried 3 times to do both side's of the EE in a game but each time failed. The fact that Richtofen has you heat up the table so you can't do maxis's bidding could be proof it's not possible but who knows. What really stumps me is why there's multi-colored orb's. You can do this with having two people with opposite sides completed.

The silver lining in this could be a clue. Orb's appear in color's depending on the tower color. If both are present, orb's are multi-colored. This could mean no matter what side you choose, you can still activate these orb location's and that mean's they require the same method to be done.

So in short we could have only 4 activations needed instead of 8 (4 for richtofen and 4 for maxis orb colors)

*Update*

I have two new gameplay's of orb activation's! In the gameplay's both are on the streetlight between bank and jug plus are Richtofen. I will breakdown the gameplay tonight (first night off in a week). This is a total of 4 activations in 3 different spots!! With two of the videos being the same spot and the same color we now have a chance to finally see a clue to the activation method.

I encourage everyone to read the main thread's section of Gameplay Orb Activation's and when I have the two new one's up compare them and see what you can try out.

Again, huge thanks goes out to Nikari Mokoro who I linked in an earlier post. He was the first person to give me an orb activation gameplay besides my own. With even that one film I'm hoping for huge result's.

• 2 weeks later...

Always trying to improve what we're doing here so next step is remolding and enlarging the "Out-Reach" program. I feel that this process has to have the community to be able to crack this case so informing the public and encouraging participation is a must. With improved visual and straight forward information I'm hoping we will see increased response and discussion about these event's.

I've included the new look and contents of the threads being put out there inside the original post near the bottom. With my last post I boasted about having two orb activations in gameplay but unfortunately only one made it as theater is known to glitch out and an error occurred. I've learned my lesson on that one and won't pass on updates without actually having made sure of back-ups to deliver. Fortunately Nikari Mokoro's video survived and will be uploaded once I get to the laptop that has it stored.

Any ideas, pictures or help is needed and appreciated. I hope to always be taking this one step further so suggestions and tips are always welcomed.

• 3 months later...

Welcome back guys!! Glad to be back and now after some downtime I'm ready to kick start everything back into play. I will be going through some Tranzit marathons of course for possible Orb creations and going to start looking heavily into the "Forest Cafe" ray sightings. There's been a lot of back and forth speculations on the "Hidden Lamppost" as well as I'm interested in the spawn locations inside of it since zombies seem to come out from it greatly.

As always I'm looking for players that enjoy ee hunting or just playing in general so feel free to hit me up on xbox live, send a pm or reply in this thread with any thoughts/comments. Stay positive guys ;)

There's been a lot of back and forth speculations on the "Hidden Lamppost" as well as I'm interested in the spawn locations inside of it since zombies seem to come out from it greatly.

The hidden lamppost inside the Forest Cafe can be found only through theater mode I believe. All you have to do is play a game and buy the Glavakuckles, then, while in theater mode just fast forward to the point you buy the knuckles and when your character punches their fist when you first purchase them, pause the game and change the camera mode a few times. Eventually, you will change to a free roam mode and the camera puts you above the cafe for some reason. Just go down inside the cafe and you will see the lamp inside one of the rooms. The beams that come through the bank from the tower go to this lamp.

Not sure why the Devs would just leave a stray lamppost inside the building, but it's definitely there.

buy the Glavakuckles, then, while in theater mode just fast forward to the point you buy the knuckles and when your character punches their fist when you first purchase them, pause the game and change the camera mode a few times. Eventually, you will change to a free roam mode and the camera puts you above the cafe for some reason. Just go down inside the cafe and you will see the lamp inside one of the rooms.

Tried and Tried to replicate lol. Did two different games but each time I did it the camera is thrown behind the Diner. Kinda cool to see back there and under the map but not sure if they fixed the cafe jump or if it's something else I'm not doing right. If you have any extra time could you try it out again and/or possibly walk me through it in theater mode if you're still able to do it?

Tried and Tried to replicate lol. Did two different games but each time I did it the camera is thrown behind the Diner. Kinda cool to see back there and under the map but not sure if they fixed the cafe jump or if it's something else I'm not doing right. If you have any extra time could you try it out again and/or possibly walk me through it in theater mode if you're still able to do it?

Well, the out of map glitch on the path between Depot and Town still works, as does the Power Room method, and you can navigate under the map from either spot up to the underside of the cafe and then move up into it.

There is videos on Youtube that show you how to get under the map... all you need to do is replicate their method and make your way there. I have not tried the Glavaknuckle method in some time but will give it a go later to see if it still works.