Anyone Else Cautious About Die Rise?

FatedTitan

I remember in Black Ops, I saw the zombie map previews and I was pumped every time. After looking at the admittedly small amount of footage we have of Die Rise and the concept it is based off of (MC Escher), I'm a bit afraid for this map. I don't think it's going to be that good. I feel this will be a map we love to forget. Think Shangri-la. People don't play Shang much because of the tight areas and toughness. I see the same thing in Die Rise. Tight quarters and stupid gimmicks(perk machines in elevators?).

I sure hope I eat my words, I really do. Anyone who has had a conversation with me before knows I'm a big fan of zombies and love to play it whenever someone asks. But Green Run gave me a "meh" feeling and Die Rise looks to be a very tight-quartered map that won't go over well with the majority of the community.

Am I the only one who feels like Die Rise is going to be a huge let down or are there others out there like me? Please, no replys like "it hasn't even been released yet shut up!" I understand it hasn't been released, but going off of what I've seen, this is my opinion. Anyone else agree?

As stated, I sure hope it turns out to be fantastic.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with me. I haven't played many zombie maps, but I think Call of The Dead did the best. It was the one that was most anticipated. Shangri-La is one of my favorite maps though.

I'm not really excited for this map, I would like to play it, but that's because it'll be the first map pack I have ever bought. Also, Green Run is getting old. But the main reason I want this map is because I love the story, and cannot wait to hear what's next.

To me all the Zombies maps are good. The only reason people don't like Shangri_La is because they can't get far. I know almost everyone on here says FIVE sucks but FIVE is like my favorite map on Zombies. To me Zombies is more fun when the maps are tight. It makes it harder so we don't run circles all day, to me that same reptitive running of circles makes me get bored of playing by the time I reach the 30's. As of "DIE RISE" I hope this map is a tight type map with a big layout of multiple buildings and atleist a new perk or two.

We have had minimal amount of footage on Die Rise which is probably one of the reasons we feel cautious about it ATM. For me the concept of the map is great as Verruckt has been one of my favourite maps & I like the references to the MC paintings. And am looking forward to it gameplay/mechanics wise (e.g. vertical stuff! + sounds like there's luck invovled with elevator shafts).

I think one thing that is making people (like me) cautious is how it is all going to be laid out, TBH buildables weren't what I hoped in Green Run & it really was a map made up of 5 little maps which was also disappointing. What I'm worried about is Die Rise following this trend, putting some very good survival map into one big mode. In concept having a world is great but not a world comprised of small, zombie survival maps in a big space covered with fog IMO.

Maybe it's just looking at what we got with Green Run that is making us think about Die Rise. The map itself I'm looking forward to but not the way it is going to be presented.

Shang is (for me) the most exciting EE. Remember the steps? I think it was forgotten is cuz it was released soon after announcement. We knew about it too soon, and Hype didn't get a chance to kick in. I remember CoTD vids a month before release, talking about death rays etc. A maps success depends on it's hype allowance now. Look at Die Rise, so much hype has been built and now zombies is bigger than ever, we'll need TWO different easter egg steps to follow, youtubers will be playing this for ages , keeping subs entertained and I think as long as it's innovative it will be re-playable until next DLC. What did Shang bring? A new (childish)WW? You're worried it's gonna be small, there's 4 skyscrapers you're forgetting. Like Rez said; It's zombies with verticallity !

Treyarch knows what we want. If they noticed that Shangri-La styled maps weren't our favorites, they will not do maps like that again.

I really love how the zombie producers try to make new and fresh things. Some people hated Green Run because of the fog and lava. I LOVE that map because of that, it makes the map a little more challenging and fun. I think it's going to be the same with Die Rise. Some will love it, some will not.

Only time travel will tell.

Interesting, I've never really seen anyone be worried for a map because of the trailer but it seems to be happening to a lot of people this time.

I wonder if it's because people are reluctant about it because Green Run was a bit of a let down to some people?

But yeh, I can see where you're coming from, I hope the verticality actually changes the way we play zombies though, and makes us re-think how to get those high rounds, that's what I've been looking for, for a very long time.

It can't be worse than Green Run right? ...Right? :o

Moon, remember? And bo in general for how glitchy it was and the fact that temmates would kill you while you revive them.

I love green run. At frst I didn't warm up to it, but I have that with every map.

Ascension was fun due to how incredibly easy it was. Yet, when it launched, I used to complain how hard it was because of the annoying start area (still my least favorite start room). Then, it became the absolute easyist. I liked "five" for the challenge.

Green run, just play farm until it is easy, play town until it is easy, then the whole tranzit thing is easy. The worst part is taking 30 minutes on an early round to get power on, build all of the bus bits, get gk, build jg, but then you are set for 20+ rounds.

If anyone has seen my previous posts about Die Rise you know how worried I am. Green Run was very dissapointing in my opinion. TranZit was disappointing aswell. I really do hope Die Rise doesn't do the transportation thing like TranZit. Here's my thing with TranZit, the main focus of TranZit is obviously the bus and the devs make it clear. However after awhile I find myself not using the bus at all. When features like that have so much focus on them and I end up ignoring them I feel like the game, or map in this case, failed to deliver the experience. Same thing when developers put something in a game to evoke a certain emotion from the players but they don't feel that emotion. You know that your supposed to feel that emotion and when you don't, it's disappointing. I know that i'm supposed to take advantage of the features in TranZit but they suck and I don't find myself using them ever and for that reason it was a disappointing experience. If that makes any sense.

The thing is... I'm very desperate for a new Zombie map right now that I don't even care if it has tight areas and open elevator shacks that can kill me. I just want a map with a wonderweapon and some cool new perk..

I like all the Zombie maps. But if I'm gonna get another map like Five and have no good weapons or perks, then I'm gonna hate it.

I remember in Black Ops, I saw the zombie map previews and I was pumped every time. After looking at the admittedly small amount of footage we have of Die Rise and the concept it is based off of (MC Escher), I'm a bit afraid for this map. I don't think it's going to be that good. I feel this will be a map we love to forget. Think Shangri-la. People don't play Shang much because of the tight areas and toughness. I see the same thing in Die Rise. Tight quarters and stupid gimmicks(perk machines in elevators?).

I sure hope I eat my words, I really do. Anyone who has had a conversation with me before knows I'm a big fan of zombies and love to play it whenever someone asks. But Green Run gave me a "meh" feeling and Die Rise looks to be a very tight-quartered map that won't go over well with the majority of the community.

Am I the only one who feels like Die Rise is going to be a huge let down or are there others out there like me? Please, no replys like "it hasn't even been released yet shut up!" I understand it hasn't been released, but going off of what I've seen, this is my opinion. Anyone else agree?

As stated, I sure hope it turns out to be fantastic.

I disagree. Just my opinion.

Difficulty should never be the determining factor on whether you dislike or like a map. In fact, I feel a hard map has far more playability than an easy map. Literally anyone can train at Flopper on Ascension for 100 rounds. But 100 on Shang? Well, save for the G-Spawn, which seems to be a huge flaw for that map, it takes major skill for 100.

Difficult maps encourage you to play smarter than you normally would. Green Run was pretty lame in my opinion for a multitude of reasons (atmosphere, fog, tediousness, deceptive advertising) but it was in no way difficult. I'm fairly certain I could get 100 very quickly using the Switch Method with the Jet Gun. Green Run is actually the easiest map, behind Ascension, in my opinion.

Die Rise will challenge the fundamentals of Zombies, I think. It will be tough, but that is where us strategists thrive. It doesn't take a strategic master to come up with the Flopper strategy. But finding a fast, effective strategy in tight corridors?

Well, that's a different story.

Don't judge this map on a poster and a total of, what, 25 seconds of gameplay? Wait until an actual Die Rise trailer (doubtful) or until the map itself drops. ;) Keep doing your thing and kill zombies.

-Andrew

I have high hopes for this map. Green run, I'll admit, is pretty boring now. But think about it, it's basically just the new Kino, it's simply there to get us used to the new features of zombies in the most basic form possible. I think that the maps to come will be more interesting now that we have the feel for BO2 zombies.

Difficulty should never be the determining factor on whether you dislike or like a map. In fact, I feel a hard map has far more playability than an easy map. Literally anyone can train at Flopper on Ascension for 100 rounds. But 100 on Shang? Well, save for the G-Spawn, which seems to be a huge flaw for that map, it takes major skill for 100.

Difficult maps encourage you to play smarter than you normally would. Green Run was pretty lame in my opinion for a multitude of reasons (atmosphere, fog, tediousness, deceptive advertising) but it was in no way difficult. I'm fairly certain I could get 100 very quickly using the Switch Method with the Jet Gun. Green Run is actually the easiest map, behind Ascension, in my opinion.

Die Rise will challenge the fundamentals of Zombies, I think. It will be tough, but that is where us strategists thrive. It doesn't take a strategic master to come up with the Flopper strategy. But finding a fast, effective strategy in tight corridors?

Well, that's a different story.

Don't judge this map on a poster and a total of, what, 25 seconds of gameplay? Wait until an actual Die Rise trailer (doubtful) or until the map itself drops. ;) Keep doing your thing and kill zombies.

-Andrew

I couldn't agree more. Shangri-La was one of my favorite maps. It's close quartered which makes for faster gameplay. I honestly hope Die Rise is like this.

As stated above, I personally don't think it's too fair to judge a map based off very brief and uninformative footage. I saw some close-up shots of a few zombies, the characters walking, couple rooms, a view of the skyscrapers in the map.

The way I see it, I think they're trying to build up hype by not showing much at all. We don't know how this perk in the elevator thing works, we don't know how M.C. Escher is involved, we don't know what the new special zombie will be like (if there is one). We're not even sure what the new form of transportation is, just a couple of guesses really.

Now there's nothing wrong with having a cautious feeling about this new map, I will admit that if Green Run is any indication of what the future maps will be like, I will be a bit skeptical. But from what they've said so far about it, I'm a tad bit excited and will wait to judge this map until I play it myself.

Honestly the only thing about I like about BO2 Zombies is being able to see your kills, downs, etc.. Taking out private match is probably their worst idea yet. If BO1 had those leader boards, I'd never touch BO2. Even though I don't like it, I'll still buy all the map packs.. Hardcore zombie fan till the end.

Im looking forward to the tight close quarters gameplay. It will stop people running trains for 30 which is far too easy on alot of maps. The more difficult the better. Running around in a circle round after round is getting old so hopefully die rise will, if not eliminate it, then make it much harder.

No not in the least bit cautious. I'm cautious when approaching a poisonus snake, I'm cautious when I climb up on the roof to take down the X-Mas lights, I'm cautious when driving around with pot in my car, I'm cautious when walking through a bad area of town at night.

Why would I be cautious about an upcoming DLC for a video game?

It litrally has no impact on me or my life.

If I like it, then great, good times for me...

If not, then whatever, I have borderlands2 DLC, Skyrim DLC's and Far Cry3 to keep me entertained until something I do like comes out.