The Replacer (New Video)

FatedTitan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this trailer was #$%*ing epic, and it makes me sad that some people can't share the anticipation.

...in fact more so than sad, it makes me frustrated when I see people whining about not getting what they want - because, after all, that IS what it really comes down to:

"I want more zombies footage and if they don't give me what I want then I'm going to complain".
Not directing this at anyone in specific, no harm meant. This happens every time, so it's more of a general rant.

c'mon guys - we already got a whole trailer devoted to showing gameplay of the maps. This is simply to build the excitement, to capture the feeling. Treyarch are masters when it comes to PR, and the fact that they got this actor to put his face on the DLC is fantastic.

do you remember an Infinity Ward commercial? No. Know why? Because they don't care about being cinematic, they don't care about humour, they don't care about this:

I don't care if I get another trailer, because the DLC is out in a week. I'm fine sitting here in anticipation :mrgreen: (and I don't like telling people what to do, so I'll just suggest that you should be too)

On another note, I actually laughed out loud when I saw Marlton in the trailer. Can this please be a learning experience towards the idea that if someone is missing from a trailer then it MUST MEAN they are super important. I'm not trying to extinguish creativity, mind you - just trying to avoid history repeating itself.

do you remember an Infinity Ward commercial? No. Know why? Because they don't care about being cinematic, they don't care about humour, they don't care about this:

Slightly off topic but...

I agree with almost everything you said, apart from this. (Also posting this gave me the chance to watch the trailers again :lol: )

No memorable IW trailers? They had 2 extremely controversial trailers, the greatest CoD Singleplayer trailer and the best MP trailer during MW2!

Do you not remember these?

6RPxJvy5CfM (Banned in the US)

Td352xP-NZ8 (Also banned, take the first letters of fight against grenade spam and you will see why)

CbOWr1boplE

YJv7nAZWsxs

See? IW are just as good at memorable trailers as anyone else!

:lol:

Anyway, back on topic...

There is no Samuel in this video, so I think he was abducted by aliens and taken to Atlantis so we won't see him until after next DLC which has to be in Atlantis.

You're kidding right?... You know i'd expect this to be the last thing someone said. But I hope that's a poor attempt of a troll.

samuel WAS supposed to be in this video. i've heard conflicting explanations involving rage quit probations, but the most convincing one is that on the day of filming he lagged out because of host connection issues.

There is no Samuel in this video, so I think he was abducted by aliens and taken to Atlantis so we won't see him until after next DLC which has to be in Atlantis.

You're kidding right?... You know i'd expect this to be the last thing someone said. But I hope that's a poor attempt of a troll.

Just needling everyone who thought Marlton wasn't in the DLC.

Just needling everyone who thought Marlton wasn't in the DLC.

Yeah but in that previous trailer Marlton 100% wasn't in it, giving people the right to think he wasn't going to be there but in this one Sam 100% is so...

LAW OF SYLLOGISM

4 players per game of zombies

This is a game of zombies in the footage

Therefore there are 4 players. It's a transitive thought.

^^^POSTULATED.

Let's try some more!

It takes one player to no-clip and gather footage.

4 players per game minus 1 no-clipper = 3 visible players in the game.

Footage was gathered. Therefore 3 players would be visible.

^^^THEOREM.

Now the converse theorem!

3 players are visible.

With 4 players, one must not be visible.

Conclusion: at least one player will always be absent from a clip.

Jeez people! I thought I wouldn't have to spell this out for you! NOBODY IS MISSING!!

Actually Electric, most of the trailers feature at least one scene where the four survivors are together in action (Der Riese, Call of The Dead, Shangri-La and I think Moon and TranZit too) and this wasn't a devote zombies trailer, so it's likely that if they do release one then it'll be shot in a similair style.

Antjac was being sarcastic. I thought it was quite funny but obviously some didn't get the joke. Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text sometimes.

On EJ's theories he could be absolutely right. Although a map maker,in an editing format could technically just put a camera wherever he wants to make a film then remove it before release so there wouldn't be any need to have one player missing to do the filming. (ie: how they made the original tranzit trailer game play. There were scenes with all four players right? I forget..) Im guessing your theory is insinuating that for a camera to be in the map it has to take the place of a player spawn which makes sense as the map has been locked down to get rid of no clipping etc..

Sorry just thinking out loud there..

DIE RISE!!

LAW OF SYLLOGISM

^^^POSTULATED.

Let's try some more!

^^^THEOREM.

3 players are visible.

Jeez people! I thought I wouldn't have to spell this out for you! NOBODY IS MISSING!!

That's what we're covering in my Excursions in Math class!

sorry, off-topic :P

LAW OF SYLLOGISM

^^^POSTULATED.

Let's try some more!

^^^THEOREM.

3 players are visible.

Devs don't log in with 4 players and have one no clip to get footage :lol:

Dev tools are a thing