Link Between Campaign and Zombies

TehGoombaStomper

Haven't been reading many threads lately, but I searched the threads and didnt find anything like this so I figured I'd post it here. I'll try my best not to spoil important events in campaign, but I may refer to some small parts of it.

Mission 5: Fallen Angel

(Location and time maybe not relevant)

Picture 1: http://i.imgur.com/bHLD9ji.jpg

After recording Menendez two times, you move into a radio tower type building (Where you see Defalco.) On the door is a couple handprints. They don't have the blood like they should in zombies, but I still feel this could be important.

Picture 2: http://i.imgur.com/TlkJBWUh.jpg

Inside the radio tower (same spot as before) on the left wall, I noticed in plain sight this poster. I've also seen this in two other places (both later in mission)

Picture 3: http://i.imgur.com/kN7EVnu.jpg

This one is of the Sedan sign we were all confused about. Basically after Menendez detects you, and throws the grenade you swim away and there will be two guys. Kill them and in the next hall this will be on the left side of the wall. There's also a couple of the power posters around here.

How exactly does this link to zombies? I really don't know yet. The term Fallen Angel seems to have alot of religion behind it, such as Satan being the leader of the "Fallen Angels", but I figured I'd throw this here for you guys to discuss. Let me know if you need a better description on where these pictures were found.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could just be a small Easter egg Treyarch put in their. Such as.. On one of the missions(don't know which one) you can find Dempsey in some civilian clothing.

All 4 of them are in WaW campaign, as regular soldiers but with different names I believe. You've got a point though, it could just be nothing. I just like to think on the bright side when it comes to finding something like this.

It could just be a small Easter egg Treyarch put in their. Such as.. On one of the missions(don't know which one) you can find Dempsey in some civilian clothing.

All 4 of them are in WaW campaign, as regular soldiers but with different names I believe. You've got a point though, it could just be nothing. I just like to think on the bright side when it comes to finding something like this.

Just to clarify, the four of them in the WaW campaign were there before the zombie super-soldiers were "created". Treyarch just edited the character models and slapped them on.

Polonsky -> Dempsey

Chernov -> Nikolai

Takeo -> Japanese Interrogator

Richtofen -> Amsel

I think Treyarch are just recycling images, textures, models, etc. so they can save space and do less work. Alot of developers do this to save time and money. For example, Eidos (sp?), developers of Just Cause 2 basically copy and pasted a lot of in game military bases, so to save them the trouble of creating 200 unique locations. Make sense? Also, I'm not too sure, but I think Satan is the"Fallen Angel". This is a reference to Menedez, as what he is plotting is evil, but has some nobility behind it.