Number of zombies at BO2

Introduction

Hi everyone,

We have already reported the number of zombies per round at COD BO. Today I could obtain the number of zombies from 1 person to 4 persons and more, I would like to report it here.

Results and discussion

The number of zombies was measured at a map of TOWN with a survival mode. When the number was measured, we have followed the following rules.

1. Don't get nuke.

2. Don't kill using knife.

3. Kill crawlers immediately because the number of kills isn't counted by down of the crawlers.

4. When players down, the players don't kill zombies. Because the number of kills isn't counted during down of players.

Figure 1 shows the number of zombies for round. It is found that the number is proportional to the square of round. This trend is the same to that of BO. In tranzit mode at Green run, 4 zombies already stay in the first room at the first round.

Figure 2 shows the ratio of BO2/BO1 for the number of zombies. For solo, it is found that the number of zombies at BO2 is larger than that of BO. For 2p, the number of zombies at BO2 is almost the same to that of BO. For 3p and 4p, the number of zombies at BO2 is much larger than that of BO while that at BO2 is smaller than BO from R1 to R12.

Figure 3 shows the ratio of zombie's number for 1 person. For 2, 3 and 4 persons, the zombie's number approaches 2.0 times, 3.9 times and 5.8 times to that of 1 person, respectively. For 5 persons, this was measured at Grief mode with the custom match. We have confirmed that the zombie's number at survival mode is same to that of grief mode when the number of players is same. Therefore the result of 5 persons at gried mode was added to this figure. For 5 persons, the zombie's number approaches 7.9 times to that of 1 person. This is very large.

We have noticed that the zombie's number changes a little when we measure the zombie's number some times. The number is 1 to 5. For example, n round, (n+1) round and (n+2) round were 10, 15 and 20, respectively. When we measured again, n round, (n+1) round and (n+2) round were 9, 14 and 22, respectively. Although all number of zombies is same, there is sometimes a little change at each round. We don't know the reason of it yet.

Summary

It was found that the number of zombies at BO2 is larger than that of BO.

We will measure the zombie's number per each round for 8 players in the near future.

I realize that my English skill is poor. I apologize when it is difficult for you to understand my report. But if this report is useful only a little for you, I’m happy.

Acknowledgement

I am deeply grateful to bun-maxx8, domo001, patrokekunzite and runrun49.

I have forgotten to show the formulas from 1 to 5 persons. I show you them. The formulas from 1 to 5 persons are as follows.

1p : ROUND(0.0896 * ®^2 + 0.0115 * R + 23.518, 0)

2p : ROUND(0.1777 * ®^2 + 0.0249 * R + 23.468, 0)

3p : ROUND(0.3494 * ®^2 + 0.3046 * R + 21.269, 0)

4p : ROUND(0.5304 * ®^2 + 0.2794 * R + 21.177, 0)

5p : ROUND(0.7383 * ®^2 - 0.7931 * R + 29.869, 0)

where ROUND() is a command in EXCEL. These formulas can be used from 10 round. The number obtained experimentally is used for less than 9 round. You can obtain the number per round by inputting round to ®. (R>=10)

I made a script to calculate zombie's health and number for each round using our experimental results. If this is useful for you, I'm glad. This script is made by HTML5. I performed the validation by Google Chrome.

You can use this script by inputting number of players and round.

This can calculate as follows.

1. Zombie's health for inputting round.

2. Number of zombies for inputting round.

3. Total number of zombies from R1 to inputting round.

The script is here.

The number of zombies from R1 to R10 for each person is as follows.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job!

Although all number of zombies is same, there is sometimes a little change at each round. We don't know the reason of it yet.

What do you mean by "all number of zombies is same"?

Thank you. I'm sorry for my poor English. I wrote the formulas just now.

Glad to see you're doing this for BO2. :)

As for 8 players, I know at least 16 spawn in Round 1. :P

Do you know if there truly are 48 zombies on the map at once in Tranzit mode? Just seems like the usual 24.

Thank you for the information. I have not known about 48 zombies on the Tranzit field. I think that the information is very important. Also I want to try to know it for Grief mode.

For more than 5 players, I hope that the information of number is useful for Grief mode players. I want to measure it for 8 players soon. :D

Thank you BinSys. You are a very intelligent person. I look forward to your Grief statistics.

Thank you for your comments. I already have the plan to measure it. I'll be able to show you in the near future. :)

Furthermore I'm investigating the ball dispersion for each weapon. I'll also report it.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me, BinSys. I think this is a great thread. However, I was wondering. How stark is the difference between the zombie numbers in the first ten Rounds in BO and BOII? I lack the first ten Round numbers for BO.

Thank you for the comments. This table is the number of zombies for BO and BO2. There is a little difference for the number of BO and BO2.

Off topic: good to see you on Xbox my friend. Please add me.

Recently I bought it. But I think that the Xbox's controller is still difficult to use, because I had used PS3 for a long time. I want to use it easily soon!

So I don't still know how to add a new friend. Can you do it? ;)

Well done BinSys. I always thought that BO2 was the same as BO, guess I was wrong ;)

Actually I have also been surprised, because I have thought as well as you. At lower round, the zombie's number at BO is larger than that at BO2. At higher round, that is quite opposite. Total zombies at BO2 are more than that at BO. :o

I made a script to calculate zombie's health and number for each round using our experimental results. If this is useful for you, I'm glad. This script is made by HTML5. I performed the validation by Google Chrome.

You can use this script by inputting number of players and round.

This can calculate as follows.

1. Zombie's health for inputting round.

2. Number of zombies for inputting round.

3. Total number of zombies from R1 to inputting round.

The script is here.

• 5 months later...