Die Rise/Nuketown/Green Run Timeline Theory

PatrolinMexican

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Nuketown occurs during the events of Moon. The Easter Egg in Nuketown is nothing more than one big reference for us to go by when we are determining the timeframe of the map. Green Run comes sometime after NT; hence, we see Marlton again and assume he did travel via the very same bus that is heard in Nuketown. Die Rise is up in the air in regards to what timeline it belong in, but it could just as easily be before the events of Green Run.

I am thinking along the same lines as for now (until the trailer & the game come out anyway)

In the short teaser trailer we saw, Die Rise's Air looks clear & the many Meteors or debris falling to me may hint that the missiles have just struck earth. There is also the possibility that IF Marlton does not appear in Die Rise, he is still in the Bunker at Nuketown. This explains & links all four maps with the New Crew.

My timeline until the reveal/release -

Moon - Nuketown

Die Rise

Green Run

We will find out in 9 days.....

I am thinking along the same lines as for now (until the trailer & the game come out anyway)

In the short teaser trailer we saw, Die Rise's Air looks clear & the many Meteors or debris falling to me may hint that the missiles have just struck earth. There is also the possibility that IF Marlton does not appear in Die Rise, he is still in the Bunker at Nuketown. This explains & links all four maps with the New Crew.

My timeline until the reveal/release -

Moon - Nuketown

Die Rise

Green Run

We will find out in 9 days.....

Bunker is open once you lose the game of nuketown.

Time travel is illegal in China, so if Die Rise is before Green Run, it won't be by a significant amount of time.

So if Marlton traveled back in time from the group it would be from Green Run, and that'd be the only occurrence he woulden't be with the group, unless of course Die Rise is just before Green Run.

I hope Die Rise gives us the actual time period of Green Run, that'd make a lot theorizing much easier.

One thing I'd like to debunk is that many have said that moon takes place in the 60s, and green run is at least in the 80s, According to maxis' quote about "many decades." BUT, since we know moon took place at the same time as nuketown, and Marlton sounds EXACTLY the same in both nuketown and green run. Unless some time travel is involved (unlikely since he would have mentioned it / he probably took the bus) nuketown takes place VERY shortly before green run.

Well in reality, Nuketown was a government test site for the Atom bomb.. In reality, it happened in the 1940s.. Why would the government be setting up another test site in the 1960s? The Trinity test site (street in Nuketown is named Trinity also) was in New Mexico though.. And being that moon is in the 1960s, and coincides with Nuketown.. Nuketown MUST be in the 1960s though.

Now to me it wouldn't make sense for them to put Die Rise before Green Run. Why? Because if they did it would mean removing a character, which would put it at a 3 player only map.

Why would they remove the 4th player unless they planned on giving us an un-named no voiced CIA/CDC agent, in which case if they are, get rid of that skank Misty.

Also when have they ever done a map that didn't follow the storyline forward. One could argue the transition Call of the dead > Shang > Moon transition but the fact is in CotD we didn't play as the main crew, we don't know the exact time period for Shang(?) and Moon is in the 60s.

For all storyline purposes they have progressed forward, not backward. So going backwards before a member of the Green Run crew joined just wouldn't make sense to me.

None of you can prove the time period moon Is in, nor green run, nor nuketown...

What we can realize is that nuketown is at the Same time as moon, and green run is after nuketown...

Die rise will also be after nuketown and moon, because the zombie's eyes are blue and there for are controlled by richtofen!

WE CAN INFER that die rise takes place after green run, as that would be the most logical thing... You can't put all our DLC eggs into the same time period basket, we will never advance the storyline!

Leave nuketown and moon behind, it's time is over, we may have some more survival maps like nuketown in which we meet the other three characters, but we won't be putting a whole tranzit game mode in to tell that story!

It's just bad storytelling skills to skip around on a time line! That's why every map before has been in order, from nact to verrućt, to shi-no, to der reise, to kino, to five WHICH TOOK PLACE AT THE SAME TIME as Accension, to COTD, to shangri la, to Moon WHICH TOOK PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS NUKETOWN, to green run.

It all goes in order, no previous map after a later, and so, if trayarch is smart and continues this philosophy, then we can infer that die rise happens either before or durring green run! Which can't happen because misty, Samule, and russman were in green run, so from this logic we can infer-

That die rise will logically take place after green run!

does the dinner not say the time frame for green run fits in with story?

have read when diner was created and ended

whttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diner

Diners of the 1920s–1940s feature Art Deco or Streamline Moderne elements

Diners of the 1950s tended to use stainless steel panels, porcelain enamel, glass blocks, terrazzo floors, Formica and neon sign trim.

sounds like tranzit diner stainless steel

1950 1960

Diners of the 1950s tended to use stainless steel panels, porcelain enamel, glass blocks, terrazzo floors, Formica and neon sign trim.

1950 1960

Throwback town in 2025... Why else would they have such advanced weapons like galvaknuckles just hangen around the place?...

1950 1960

Throwback town in 2025... Why else would they have such advanced weapons like galvaknuckles just hangen around the place?...

why would they have ray guns in all other maps and wonder weapons so on

and 2025 like its only 12 years in the future its a game anything is possible time travel so on

the guy is asking for the year and how green run the map fits in with storyline

????????

and does town farm diner look advanced to you ?

guns and stuff yes there is thing called element 115 how we get upgraded guns all stuff like that and Mbox perks so on

?????

• Administrators

Just remember the weapons are non-canon in zombies. Wonder Weapons are excluded from this factor, since they are indeed crucial to the storyline and even have a backstory to them.

Also, I understand that we are used to judging the timeframe based on our surroundings and what is given to us. But keep in mind that we cannot call Green Run as a 2025 map just yet. We have no proof that it leaped half a century from the events of Moon. The map seems to be more settled in the early to mid 1980's. Maxis states that it's been some decades since he has gotten into contact with human life. That, itself, makes it safe to believe that Moon occurred in the 60's while Green Run happened 20 years later. Things become confusing when you toss Nuketown into the picture because of Marlton's cameo. That douche totally screwed our timeline over.

I believe the timeline is:

NukeTown

GreenRun

Die Rise.

Only reason I believe this is because people have a theory that Green Run may be the future and all the other maps contain NavCards coming back to it and finishing it there or some crap. If you listen to Maxis at the end of the EE, he talks about activating other spires in the world or something. This is obviously the first, not the last, so it has to be before Die Rise. Not saying Die Rise will contain a spire-related EE, but there will be another, if not, more maps with them.

In reference to Moon's EE, he talked about saving Earth using polar-thingies? Idk, it's 3:30AM and I'm tired, haha.

Maybe Marlton DID time travel. But its too much of a mind fuck

Like I said, since he is the same age in nuketown and green run (you can tell by the voice) he went to green run immediately after nuketown. Now this doesn't necessarily mean timeline-wise, but it literally took him a short amount of time to go from nuketown to green run. Now we know maxis searched for many decades, so he very well may have teleported into the relative future (anywhere from 80s to 2025), which is a suspected timeframe for green run. This way Marlton still made the transition quickly but also leaped a great deal of time.

Now where did he get a teleporter? Perhaps Hanford? And so if nuketown is 60s and green run is 80s, maybe die rise will be after the 4 have teleported into the future, making it take place in 2025, or near the present like call of the dead?

• 3 months later...

The time and the world, do not stand still... Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future!

-Exactly what's happening here...

SOMEONE'S BRREAKING INN!!