I just came to say hello

Hey there. I've been a member for a little over a month so I guess I should post some kind of intro.

I'm not really a forum guy. This is actually the first forum I've joined, ever.

My main reason for joining is to find decent people to play with, since pub matches on BO2 are actually worse than BO1 (no lobby filter for leaderboard; leaving = high rd not saved = wasted efforts).

I was hoping Teammate Finder would be a better alternative to pub matches, so I posted there. It's been about a month since, so I don't think that worked out too well.

I wish there was some kind of real time chat interface for spur of the moment games.

I prefer playing with my mic off because it helps me concentrate. I realize it's a turn off for most people, and that's fine with me.

I consider myself a decent zombie slayer. Not the best, but decent. I've been slaying since the WaW days. I got the shotties emblem from playing solo and pub matches. I don't go into glitch spots where zombies can't hit me. On the Tranzit Solo Leaderboard for PS3, I'm currently #92 (90 a few days ago).

In general, I find WaW zombies to be the hardest, followed by BO and BO2.

NDU, Verruckt, Five, and Shangri-La are the maps I have most difficulty with because there's not a lot of wiggle room.

I live in the US, east coast. I have a cable broadband connection. I get random friend requests so if anyone here sends me one, please make sure to identify yourself as a CoDZ member.

You guys won't see me here very often, as I would rather play the game than talk about it, but I'll pop in every now and then. I just wanted to bid hello to you guys.

Hi.

:)

-lpw

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Hey friendo, it's finally nice to get to know you.

I understand your pain; I'm not a fan of public matches either. Sometimes I'll be paired with a really great team that even communicates and knows how to achieve high rounds, while I'll run into an unfortunate team of dropouts, glitchers, or split-screeners (oh god, the SS'er). We used to have a chat page, but it was removed quite a while back. Maybe someday, we'll integrate a system to ensure instant player finders.

I'm just glad you joined us; it's really nice of someone to take time out of their day to even register an account here and post. I hope to see you around often in the future. :)

Nice to meet you wiggy.

I totally understand your fustration with BO2 random teammates on zombies. I really haven't been playing much because my friends are not huge zombie fans and it's so fustrating playing with randoms that go down and back out.

I'm on ps3 (east coast) as well and we should definitely party up at some point and play some rounds. I like the maps you mentioned on BO1 because the tighter routes make for a more challenging game. I get bored easily by maps which large open areas to run endless circles.

Anyway, I'll be in touch with ya around here.

Very nice intro. Wish you could stick around for more than teammate finding, but I understand.

We used to have many play dates, in which we would set up dates and play challenges together. Those were always fun and see other ways to play this game than counting round totals. Maybe some member can step up and organize more games

You could also try joining team grimreapers with Way, (ps3 or Xbox), or wunderwaffles with lemonade(Xbox). Those guys are great to game with and idols for others to follow.

Good luck.

@InfestLithium

Ugh, split screeners! It's harder to identify split screeners in BO2. Some of them sign on with their own account so it looks like they're not playing on the same console. That's too bad the chat was removed. It would have made me come here more often for sure. :lol:

@legacy

Sounds good to me! We should definitely play sometime. Idk your ID, but mine's over there ----------->

@jayghf1978

The play dates you mentioned sounds fun, I hope they do those again. I think it would be fun to play with people here. I only have PS3... how do I go about joining this team? Is there some kind of try out? I see you're on the east side as well. If you play BO2 zombies on PS3, hit me up!

About sticking around:

I'm not familiar with forums, so I gave it a few weeks to see if it's for me. A few things that bothered me:

-people posting theories as facts/deceptive posts

-people posting on the wrong place on purpose (just so other people can see their post)

-good posts are few and far between, buried by other posts lacking substance

-people post topics that look like rough drafts, full of grammatical and typographical errors and not well thought out

-ridiculous propositions (I juz thot of soemting mayb we shud withdraw all our points from da bank and den kill ourselves yeah dats gotta be the next step! sombody do it nao!) :lol:

-petty insults, arguments (waste of time)

I'm not trying to be a snob but I do proofread before posting. When a post has an excessive amount of errors I find it distracting and it just feels like I'm wasting my time trying to decipher the message the (lazy/inconsiderate) poster is trying to get across.

To be fair, I only observed for a short time and other forums are probably like this as well (probably to a greater extent). Nevertheless, I'm certainly not writing this place off - I will be back from time to time and will try to contribute when I can.

Thanks for reading, and for bothering to reply!

The play dates you mentioned sounds fun, I hope they do those again. I think it would be fun to play with people here. I only have PS3... how do I go about joining this team? Is there some kind of try out? I see you're on the east side as well. If you play BO2 zombies on PS3, hit me up!

About sticking around:

I'm not familiar with forums, so I gave it a few weeks to see if it's for me. A few things that bothered me:

-people posting theories as facts/deceptive posts

-people posting on the wrong place on purpose (just so other people can see their post)

-good posts are few and far between, buried by other posts lacking substance

-people post topics that look like rough drafts, full of grammatical and typographical errors and not well thought out

-ridiculous propositions (I juz thot of soemting mayb we shud withdraw all our points from da bank and den kill ourselves yeah dats gotta be the next step! sombody do it nao!) :lol:

-petty insults, arguments (waste of time)

I'm not trying to be a snob but I do proofread before posting. When a post has an excessive amount of errors I find it distracting and it just feels like I'm wasting my time trying to decipher the message the (lazy/inconsiderate) poster is trying to get across.

To be fair, I only observed for a short time and other forums are probably like this as well (probably to a greater extent). Nevertheless, I'm certainly not writing this place off - I will be back from time to time and will try to contribute when I can.

I'm speechless.

You are the type the really NEED to stick around to help its development. I agree with your assessment on the current state of the users, but I want to see it out of tunnel before I can fully walk away.

Play dates are great, but not too much lately, hopefully we could revive the fun times.

Grimreaper is headed by Way2g00, he is currently on Xbox exclusive and grief heavy. Lemonade is also on Xbox, he is the head of wunder waffles. For PS3 I dunno, Eye has been college bound and no one is really organizing anything. If you are on PS3 feel free to add me, I can introduce a few of my good running mates to you.