Jet Gun Tips?

So Ive recently been trying to beat my solo record on TranZit which is 42. Ive been trying to use the jet gun in the later rounds and I keep dieing because of it. So I was hoping some of you guys that have a lot of expierence with it could give me a few tips on using it. Any feedback would be great, thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the exact issues you are having are; but I'll try my best.

You'll want to hoard with a fast moving weapon, i suggest mustang and sally or ballistic knife. Your secondary weapon isn't really important. Personally I prefer ballistic knife for hoarding and mustang and sally for instakill/max ammo spraying.

To get used to the jet gun you should definitely hoard in front of the farm. It is so wide open, and a very easy spot.

Now here's the trick, i'm on xbox so this will be tailored towards those controls. Hoard up some zombies with your pistol/knife speed weapon, you don't need the whole hoard to start with the jet gun, but you dont want lots spawning.

Press up on the d-pad to pull out your jet gun, while the animation of changing weapons is happening, press and hold the right trigger like you're trying to shoot it. This is very important as it raises the RPM without raising the heat gauge.

Now when the jet gun appears you need to wait a split second for the actual sucking to take place. As soon as it does press Y to go back to your hoarding weapon. You could also press up on the pad but this means you stop moving for a moment and is more dangerous. Now you've killed a few zombies, just keep repeating this until you have a new high round!

The timing here is a little tricky and takes a little to get used to. If you switch back too soon, you won't actually kill anything and you just put the jet gun back away. If you wait to long to switch back, you'll get sucked towards the hoarde and the jet gun will begin to overheat if messed up enough.

When you do it just right, the jet gun doesn't overheat and is out for the minimal amount of time. Allowing you to go back to your fast weapon.

If you go down, run straight for the short cut to town. You will have some zombies to dodge at the entrance of the short cut. Once by them you should have no problem getting jugg and stamina, allowing you to finish the round.

That's all I got; keep practicing with it and you'll get it down no problem.

• Administrators

^^^ That was a perfect tip to utilizing the Jet Gun. I didn't even know about the process, and I love to fiddle around with the Jet Gun in my games. :)

If you'e using it without that method, my strongest suggestion is to never trigger it while facing directly in front of zombies. You are actually getting pulled towards to direction you begin to shoot, causing you to become closer with your horde. Shooting a bit to the side of them will still suck them in while moving you out of harm's way.

Here's a fun little thing: if you're with a buddy, have them train around the ledges in Town. Go to the top of them, and as you jump down, use the Jet Gun directly beneath you. Even though you probably won't take out a very large horde, most of them will be sucked in and you'll still be able to escape. Note: This is a very dangerous procedure, and should be done with extreme caution. I'd recommend using a train of no more than 10 zombies to ensure your safety. It's just a fun procedure to do.

My tip is don't use it at all. The zombie sheild is much more useful as if you get trapped only ones infront of you are hitting you, and if you can kill them your safe.

The jet gun is a poor excuse for a wonder weapon IMO.

You are not going to get into the upper 40's and 50+ without using the Jetgun. Unless you get super lucky and spawn alot of max ammo's each round. I find that most guns (Even PaP'd LMG's) lose their effectiveness in the low 40's.

The shield is also terrible in the later rounds. It is good in protecting your back from hits and reviving a friend, but it takes 2 hits in the 20's, and 3-4+ hits in the 30-40's to kill zombies. Your shield will easily break and you will be stuck with a large horde on you. Not a very good strategy to use it offensively in the high rounds.

If you use the jet gun on any stairs, for example at the farm or maybe at the bar in town the zombies cant huddle around the back of you which makes the gun way more efficient and a lot safer.

You don't really need to do the quick draw trick then because you can take out a whole lot of zombies by the time it reaches the red. Walk around and wait for the next wave, by then its nearly ready to go again.

WHERE IS MY TRANZIT THREAD?

I WENT INTO GREAT DETAIL ABOUT USING THE JET GUN CORRECTLY! IT WOULD HELP YOU IMMENSELY.

(!!!)

But no, really, Mr. Richtofen summed it up rather well. Using the Jet Gun this way is both fast and effective... and extremely fun. It takes practice, but you'll get used to it. I've been to round 78 and round 85 using it. :)

I WENT INTO GREAT DETAIL ABOUT USING THE JET GUN CORRECTLY! IT WOULD HELP YOU IMMENSELY.

(!!!)

But no, really, Mr. Richtofen summed it up rather well. Using the Jet Gun this way is both fast and effective... and extremely fun. It takes practice, but you'll get used to it. I've been to round 78 and round 85 using it. :)

I learned it all from you!!! :D

Where did your thread go??? I would have linked it but I couldn't find it :(

(!!!)

I learned it all from you!!! :D

Where did your thread go??? I would have linked it but I couldn't find it :(

Someone deleted it! I don't know how, but they must've been moving stuff and it got deleted in the process. :(