China's 'Great Leap Forward'

PINNAZ

Nice job pinnaz, Spiderbite pretty much gave you a full vid about this he even gave full credit to you!. A fantastic thread!

*drops brick of gold in trousers*

I helped make a thread that Spiderbite used in a video. :D That made my day.

I imagine you're 2x as thrilled as I am, Pinnaz, you are the author of course :D

EDIT: Can someone post said video, or link it, I would be interested in watching it.

Nice job pinnaz, Spiderbite pretty much gave you a full vid about this he even gave full credit to you!. A fantastic thread!

*drops brick of gold in trousers*

I helped make a thread that Spiderbite used in a video. :D That made my day.

You imagine you're 2x as thrilled as I am, Pinnaz, you are the author of course :D

EDIT: Can someone post said video, or link it, I would be interested in watching it.

Yeah KAZ must feel great! Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogX6PgL ... youtu.be&a

(BTW it's just exactly what Pinnaz said, just commentated.)

So, I guess me and MixMasterNut get no mention, huh. That's cool, as long as Pinnaz gets his credit, all is well.

I guess we get our names shown on screen, where PINNAZ gave us credit on his OP, as some form of partial credit.

killallzombies and I were working on all these theories mentioned in his vid back in November 2011.

- Mix

This is truly amazing, it not only ties in a bunch of the maps that otherwise stood out, but gave reasons as why the new map pack is taking place in china. Also, I have a slightly relevant idea. I played Five and took away that it took place in the cold war, same time period as black ops, and had jfk in it. I always thought that moon took place shortly after five, within the same year at least. So about 1963. The green run project took place about the same time, 1962. And as stated earlier, the great leap forward took place around the same time. Not only that but the map from green run reminds me of the sixties. From what I've seen, the game does not take place in 2020 or 2025 or anywhere after that, I think it takes place in the 1960s. I think that all of the upcoming maps for black ops 2 will take place around the early to mid 1960s. So, in order to find the upcoming dlc locations, we should look for relevent locations around that time period.

Sorry about the post being long, but I have enjoyed this site ever since I have came from the shadows and wish to help further the community however I can.

So, I guess me and MixMasterNut get no mention, huh. That's cool, as long as Pinnaz gets his credit, all is well.

I guess we get our names shown on screen, where PINNAZ gave us credit on his OP, as some form of partial credit.

killallzombies and I were working on all these theories mentioned in his vid back in November 2011.

- Mix

And I imagine he put a link in the description to this thread.

Yeah, November 2011. *stares at sky absent-mindedly for a moment* good times, it only seems like it was yester-year.

All joking aside, thanks for all the appreciation and comments. I know Pinnaz and MixMasterNut appreciate them as much as I do (and it's not even technically my thread :lol: )

Whoa!!! Look what happens while I'm asleep.

Mind Blown... Absolutely Mind Blow.

Credit where credit it due.

The first time I came across this was a video that Ben from PTG originally posted showing heaps of Wii Easter Eggs. I then watched a video posted by 'Wiithekids' which you can clearly hear the audio (the video I used in the OP)

I then was looking here on CoDz to see if there was any information about the Wii version EE. I came across 'killallzombies' thread & kept this information in the back of my mind.

When it was announced that DLC1 was set in the 'Far East' that's when I put 2 & 2 together & realised that the Wii Audio was talking about 'The Great Leap Forward' & I only thought that it was a hint for the location, NOT the actual Map Name!!!

I PM'ed killallzombies to see if he was going to make a new thread & that I had kept some information which I could give him. I got a bit carried away & pretty much sent him this thread in a message & asked would he mind of I posted this.

I also PM'ed MixMasterNut to see if he had anymore information & if he had found the original video played in the game.

Credit where credit is due - killallzombies & MixMasterNut both have the Wii version of Black Ops & discovered this originally. I just did some extra research & tried to make a well presented thread to show new users what you can do on CoDz. I tried to give as much credit to them in the OP as possible. CoDz strikes again!!!

Man, I had no idea that the Map Name would be titled this. Mind still blown!

Here's MrRoflWaffles video -

He credits killallzombies & MixMasterNut. (Thankyou)

Here's Spiderbite's video

There's still more too this.... Research time.

Whoa!!! Look what happens while I'm asleep.

Mind Blown... Absolutely Mind Blow.

Credit where credit it due.

The first time I came across this was a video that Ben from PTG originally posted showing heaps of Wii Easter Eggs. I then watched a video posted by 'Wiithekids' which you can clearly hear the audio (the video I used in the OP)

I then was looking here on CoDz to see if there was any information about the Wii version EE. I came across 'killallzombies' thread & kept this information in the back of my mind.

When it was announced that DLC1 was set in the 'Far East' that's when I put 2 & 2 together & realised that the Wii Audio was talking about 'The Great Leap Forward' & I only thought that it was a hint for the location, NOT the actual Map Name!!!

I PM'ed killallzombies to see if he was going to make a new thread & that I had kept some information which I could give him. I got a bit carried away & pretty much sent him this thread in a message & asked would he mind of I posted this.

I also PM'ed MixMasterNut to see if he had anymore information & if he had found the original video played in the game.

Credit where credit is due - killallzombies & MixMasterNut both have the Wii version of Black Ops & discovered this originally. I just did some extra research & tried to make a well presented thread to show new users what you can do on CoDz. I tried to give as much credit to them in the OP as possible. CoDz strikes again!!!

Man, I had no idea that the Map Name would be titled this. Mind still blown!

Here's MrRoflWaffles video -

He credits killallzombies & MixMasterNut. (Thankyou)

Here's Spiderbite's video

There's still more too this.... Research time.

And that, my children is the story of how I met your moth... I mean how we made this thread.

MrRoflWaffles, thank you for mentioning Mix and I, you are by-far one of the coolest youtubers out there, and for you to mention me is an honor. And, since it seems Spiderbite visits this forum, thank you as well sir, I'm an also honoured to have helped make the thread you used in your video.

Thanks guys :oops: :oops:

- K.A.Z.

• 5 weeks later...

This is amazing PINNAZ I've referenced your posted since I joined the form we completed the Tower of Babble together and to see this. You my friend deserve it along with killallzombies and Mixmasternut because its people like you guys that make everything so much clearer. Thank you guys for what you do!

Anyone else think this is crazy?

Treyarch markets their new map as being named Die Rise. Then PINNAZ makes this thread "Great Leap Forward" and BOOM, the leaderboards are updated and guess what..? The name of the actual map is now: GREAT LEAP FORWARD. If you ask me, I'd say that PINNAZ just named a zombies map. Treyarch must really like him.

This is amazing PINNAZ I've referenced your posted since I joined the form we completed the Tower of Babble together and to see this. You my friend deserve it along with killallzombies and Mixmasternut because its people like you guys that make everything so much clearer. Thank you guys for what you do!

Thanks for bumping & "reanimating" this thread from the depths of this forum. And thanks for enabling me to get the ‘Tower of Babble’ Cheevo. I’m glad I got it with another ‘Donor to CoDz’

I’ve been looking at possible DLC maps & with the ‘game over’ sound on Die Rise with hints of being a prison? The “Hanoi Hilton” anyone?

@ minator177 - If you didn't view the threads I linked at the start of the OP, this is some of what killallzombies wrote :-

So,i've done plenty of research on the "Great Leap Forward" and it's connections to Nazi Zombies

THE GREAT LEAP FORWARD

The "Great Leap Forward" lasted threw the late 50's to mid 60's and was considered the worst economical plunge of Comunist China. Mao Zedong lead this leap by trying to focus on steel production and in the process burned down what were known as Nantan Meteorites.

NANTAN METEORITES

Just a little information/history on the Nantan Meteorites:

they fell in 1516 and were not dug up until 1958-59 when steel production was slowing and they used women's hair and meteors as alternate ingridients in steel production during the "Great Leap Forward".

They were said to have "magical healing powers" and gave "special abillities" to those around them. (the meteors)

My Theory

So Mao Zedong lead the "Great Leap Forward" and as more steel is needed, alternate forms of steel production is needed.

It is said that farmers even burned Nantan Meteors which had a fraction of iron-ore in them. They were also said to have "magic powers" (115 possibly in them)

Fitting in with what Mao said:

Mao believed that workers power held a magical force.

If you look back to the release of BOII, you would believe that the first map would be called 'Tranzit', then the achievements were updated & it included 'Green Run'. Prior to this there was research & threads made here on CoDz about the 'MANHATTAN DOWN' lettering found on Kino Der Toten'.

Some people were able to figure out that Manhattan Down lettering was the Manhattan Project which was developing the first Nuclear Weapon. This then lead to 'The Hanford Site & The Green Run Project'.

So no, the map or chapter names are already made. Killallzombies & MixMasterNut bought this to light, all I did was link a few things together & post a formatted thread.

PINNAZ Sir!

Congratulations on all your hard research and theories. You are well respected by the community and myself and have been an inspiration for me and many others since the beginning of Green Run. Being mentioned in Spiders NGTZombies Tranzit Secrets Series along side with you gave me the drive for a dedicated YouTube channel now and the will to keep looking when the world says there is nothing there. Thank you again PINNAZ for everything you do and the painstaking research you share with the community to keep the search alive!

Your friend,

DjTechnicsZRT

• Brains 1

I wrote a theory about coal mining in Britain during the industrial revolution and I think i've figured out what the thing is in the corner of the Die Rise loading screen. As for the game over sound, I think the crashing sounds too light to be prison bars. Going along with my theory about mining, I think it could possibly be the sound of a mineshaft elevator/cab slamming.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=29310

"Now this is Asylum worthy. Care to vote community? I vote Asylum. What's that? The admin. won't let us.... Why not? They don't listen, it's not that they won't let us? Man.... that is unfortunate."

Seriously though, if anyone was looking for a criteria for Asylum threads, this is it. It doesn't have to be the answer to everything, it just has to be an answer. Be it a map name or something within the map. Just take pride in your work. Think of the reader.

Thank you PINNAZ.

"Now this is Asylum worthy. Care to vote community? I vote Asylum. What's that? The admin. won't let us.... Why not? They don't listen, it's not that they won't let us? Man.... that is unfortunate."

Seriously though, if anyone was looking for a criteria for Asylum threads, this is it. It doesn't have to be the answer to everything, it just has to be an answer. Be it a map name or something within the map. Just take pride in your work. Think of the reader.

Thank you PINNAZ.

This is something I suggested to PINNAZ via PM before he posted this thread. But...being the modest gentleman that he is, PINNAZ said he'd put it in Die Rise and if the Modz thought it worthy, they'd move it to the Asylum.

• 2 months later...

Since the Die Rise forum is coming to a halt, I'm bumping this back onto the front page unless someone has an issue with that? This is my 1100th post. ;)

and on the front page it shall stay. This thread has a wealth of knowledge, and will serve as an excellent resource to members new and old.

• Brains 1