New Info - Upgradable WW and New Buildables

FreDelicia

Don't know if this was already posted, just saw it on FB

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc1-revolution

DIE RISE

FAR EAST

Overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city. In this new and original Zombies map, players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices to fight a relentless army of the undead throughout Escher-esque sceneries over a deep and perilous chasm.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets rip this quote out real quick.

"players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry"

This is great news, this translates to "we not have actual wonder weapons and not a build able strong weapon like the turbine"

I was quite disappointed when we didn't have a real wonder weapon on Green Run, but now that we have one defiantly in it that's great.

I just hope the new buildables become more accessible and slightly more powerful compared to Green Run. In most of my games, the Turret & Electric Trap are almost always ignored. Which is fair enough, since they both require the Turbine and both can be difficult to use at certain times.

I'm sure Die Rise will have a TranZit Mode along with Survival & Grief. Even that new one that I currently forgot the name of. So far, only TranZit Mode has the new characters, the rest have CIE or CDC members.

One more thing, I bet the Achievement(The one associated with the EE in the Map) will have Two Side to it like Green Run. I'm sure it will also have the same goal.

I won't say anymore. Everytime I try to bring up that theory, people just don't want to talk about it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you realize; "players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry" could be referring to Ray Guns right? :?

I really wouldn't consider the ray gun a wonder wep at this point. I mean its been in every(?) map at this point, not really wonder weapon material.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you realize; "players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry" could be referring to Ray Guns right? :?

I really wouldn't consider the ray gun a wonder wep at this point. I mean its been in every(?) map at this point, not really wonder weapon material.

The generally accepted distinction between wonderweapons and normal weapons is the presence of 115. So the raygun IS a wonder weapon. This is why the jet gun technically isn't one. But they say "wonder weaponry." technically there are more than 1 raygun's in the box but the raygun itself is just one gun. They seem to be implying that there will be AT LEAST one "conventional" wonder weapon.

Edit: upgraded weapons use 115, as that's how the pack a punch machine works, but I guess you could say that un-upgraded weapons with 115 are wonderweapons.

Maybe they'll bring Thundergun back...

Anyway,I just don't want the power switch appearing as a buildable.Please...

The power switch is already confirmed as a buildable as it has a zombie hand attached:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7568/proofoftranzit.png

Nothing frustrates me more than when people assume that just because Die Rise has buildables that makes it a TranZit style map. There will probably be buildables in every map from now on. Doesn't mean we'll be riding that gank ass bus in every map too.

Yeah I agree, but I assume we'll be dealing with a large map again, which will tie into the story. So in most senses I expect it to be a lot like the TranZit mode on Green Run. There's no need for a bus or any type of non-teleporting locomotion though.

Nothing frustrates me more than people who think that for a map to be in Tranzit mode it has to have a "gank ass bus"

I guarantee Die Rise has a Tranzit mode. It will likely also be broken up into smaller survival, turned, and grief maps just like Green Run is with Depot, town and farm.

Tranzit is a game mode like survival, grief, and turned are game modes. Green run is the map as a whole, just like Die Rise will be a map as a whole. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend for some peeps.

Sorry if that sounded rude.. some people don't like the bus driver being called "TEDD" or the Electric guy being called "Avagadro." I don't like when people call Tranzit a map when it's a game mode. With Green run being the only map out right now it's ok to call it Tranzit I guess but when the other DLC's are out that will change pretty quick as it will be obvious that there will end up being at least 4 "Tranzit" maps.

Nothing frustrates me more than people who think that for a map to be in Tranzit mode it has to have a "gank ass bus"

I guarantee Die Rise has a Tranzit mode. It will likely also be broken up into smaller survival, turned, and grief maps just like Green Run is with Depot, town and farm.

Tranzit is a game mode like survival, grief, and turned are game modes. Green run is the map as a whole, just like Die Rise will be a map as a whole. Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend for some peeps.

Sorry if that sounded rude.. some people don't like the bus driver being called "TEDD" or the Electric guy being called "Avagadro." I don't like when people call Tranzit a map when it's a game mode. With Green run being the only map out right now it's ok to call it Tranzit I guess but when the other DLC's are out that will change pretty quick as it will be obvious that there will end up being at least 4 "Tranzit" maps.

I agree. I can't stand when my friends are like "Let's play TranZit." so I start up TranZit and they're like "No, just the town one." I can understand the confusion but it's been almost 3 months. Know the difference. However if Die Rise does have a transpotation like feature then it probably won't be called TranZit again. I bet the game mode is called Die Rise and the map itself is called something different.

On another note, the elevator idea would be awesome. But instead of a set path, it would go to random floors.

I agree. I can't stand when my friends are like "Let's play TranZit." so I start up TranZit and they're like "No, just the town one." I can understand the confusion but it's been almost 3 months. Know the difference.

On another note, the elevator idea would be awesome. But instead of a set path, it would go to random floors.

It would be pretty cool to see what they could do too with the floors (if they made an elevator of sorts) . Like go underground in the deep parts of some might call 'hell'? I don't know. Like tranzit where they have lava that you fall in. You could Incorporate the star wars episode 3 sorta place ( where Obi one and Anakin were fighting) And you'd have to jump across little bits of platforms until you find a little underground headquarters. Sorta like the power room but a little more complex?

it says a 'series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city.' so my guess would be that we travel between skyscrapers (perhaps by that helicopter) or if we choose to we can run between them facing either denizons or whatever they throw in this time.

I think each skyscraper will be very different, and that survival maps will be based on the best parts of each one, or each one as a whole.