Marelton theory's: What if...

Ok so when I look at this site over the last week or so, 90% of the treads I see have some kind of theory on why marelton isnt in the trailer... But think about it...

Why would trayarch give us this new crew, that we barely know the story of, be able to play as marelton once, in an Easter egg that involves stuhlinger more then marelton, and then just kill him off.... Not to be seen again.. It doesn't make any sense... I'm almost 90% positive that marelton was just not in the trailer... Due to lack of people...

He didn't die and become a zombie, (unless theres a new perk of that type), he didnt die at green run... Hes still there... It just doesn't make sense otherwise!

And for anyone thinking die rise happens before green run: Move on.... We cant put all our DLC eggs in this one time period basket!... We can come back with some dlc survivor maps later... But right now die rise seems to more then likely be after green run... Another thing is the zombie's eyes are blue, meaning the events of die rise happens after nuketown... And moon...

So in short:

Marelton has to be in die rise.... The chances of adding a new character so soon is just improbable... And the events of die rise more then likely happen after green run...

Now one theory that made a lot of sense however is flamenwerfer's where marelton stays behind to control the nav card-spire contraption...

If that's the case then what's stopping the O4 from coming down and spitting up so one(say RichtoSam) ends up With russman misty and Samule, while takeo Nikolai tank and marelton go elsewhere? And maybe after completing the Easter egg the teleports between moon and A51 and the ones from green run to die rise were switched so after inserting the nav cards, everyone but marelton switches character models and quotes to nikolai's tank's and takeo's...

That way the O4 come back, marelton doesnt die, we have a new character to the die rise map.... And everything seems probable...

Another thought about that is what if completing maxis's vs richtofen's side sends a different character to die rise... (like say if you did maxis's you sent takeo, and if you did richtofen's you send Nikolai....)

Heck, even better yet: The nav card machine sends all the N4 to die rise, marelton isn't seen in the trailer.... And all the O4 take the places of the N4 in green run...

I realize this is a bit complicated to understand... Sorry,,,

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly. Are we really going to formulate major story-impacting theories based on about 46 seconds of gameplay for this map? Seems absurd to me. If anything, Marlton is one of the most mysterious characters we've introduced in Black Ops II- and then what? Treyarch just throws away his entire backstory and connection to Zombies? Highly unlikely!

We've got less than two weeks till the DLC arrives, and we'll likely be seeing a trailer sooner or later. The matter will be cleared up soon!

:idea: Teleportation Theory

Teleportation has been a huge part of Black Ops Zombies, involving teleportation through labs even to the moon. If you can teleport to the moon, it would be easily possible to teleport to the opposite side of the world.

I believe that the spire in Green Run is actually a control tower/teleporter. If you think about it, the spire draws energy/orbs from the Teleportation lamps across TranZit. With that said, the NavCard contains the Coordinates to the Die Rise location.

I believe that Marlton is the only one who can properly understand Teleportation so he stays behind to operate the NavCard reader while the others teleport. It has always been said that Marlton plays an important role in Green Run. Thus, this is the reason Marlton is not shown in the Die Rise trailer. With that said, It is highly possible that a new character will be introduced in Die Rise possibly a Soldier of some kind. I'll elaborate more of this later.

Summary: 1. The spire is a teleporter/control tower. - 2. Marlton stays behind to activate the spires teleporter. - 3. New character introduced in Die Rise.

This is my quote from one of my previous threads. I believe Marlton to be alive. Someone will have to replace him, new guy or one of the O4. :D

What makes us so sure that the new four will help to orgininals?

Stuhlinger could become possessed completely by Richtofen, and much as Richtofen did, lead the other 3 of their group (Marlton, Misty and Russman) on a quest to obtain some item that Richtofen requires.

Meanwhile

We play as Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha working with Maxis, trying to make him the controller of the zombies.

Either this or the badass; Takeo will return, and join the three shown in the trailer!

I just wanted to point out something about the "zombie marlton." Like AntJac said, there is no pocket protector and in the trailer u can clearly see he does not have his watch on either. I think the zombie was just a business man and treyarch made him look a little like marlton to troll us. DAMN U TREYARCH!!! :lol:

No pocket protector full of pencils and pens. No watch, no glasses (could easily get knocked off.) Most importantly, No Facial Hair. His face is pretty messed up, but every bit of hair is gone. Maybe good ol'Marlton found a razor and died in style.

One of my previous responses on another thread.

Plus, I agree, this Zombie does look Asian.

But marlton is in Die Rise trailer!

Here he is on Dan Seamans profile picture:

These zombies remind me of shangri la zombies with hair, tie and a shirt.

Yeah, same as the Shi no Numa ones. Asians make very different zombies! :P

I'm pretty sure they just reused a modified version of marlton's clothes texture, because suits would fit nicely into a corporation / business area.

I'll tell you one thing I don't understand- why do people asume that if Marlton is dead, he won't be involved in the story anymore? Just because someone's dead it doesn't mean they can't still be relevant. Maybe Marlton was a Group 935 or Illuminati spy who was working with Richtofen/ Maxis? Who knows, but all i'm saying is that people meed to realise that the death of a character doesn't mean their story dies woth them. We could easily discover more as the maps go on- there is going to be at least 3 more after Die Rise remember!