The reason why Nacht Der Untoten is in Greenrun!

HypeRedemption

Alright, I believe I have worked out why Nacht Der Untoten is in greenrun, Okay, so lets take our brains back to the map on Blackops 1, 'Five'. This level is located in the pentagon, at one part you can see the teleporters from the other WaW and BO1 Zombies Maps. Wait, but why, didn't group 935 only have them?

Here we go, its proven by some intel that all Wunderwaff Projects were to be sent to American-Controlled facilities, well, thats what greenrun is right?

Well, isn't Nacht Der Untoten, a project made my 935, So this version in greenrun is the project they sent to American-Controlled facilities as well. To further expand on this, another project they must of sent to American controlled facilities (Greenrun Specifically) is the Avagadro,

He was placed inside the electricity thing in the middle of the electricity room, they sent him over to America, thats why Rictofen and Maxis know so much about him.

Expand this theory as you may.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It's a good theory indeed, friendo. I'm still at the conclusion of claiming the "Nacht der Untoten" in Green Run is non-canon though. Why would the Americans want a replica of the building? The area was not Group 935-related at all. It's a small prison that a group of Marines were somehow in some time after (or even during) the cargo which held an abundance of 115 crashed. I can't fathom why the U.S. would want something that they actually have never acknowledged since we assume that the Marines fought to their death. Besides, the structure is more of an allusion for the players to reminisce the first zombie map and see how far we've come in the trilogy.

You are pretty correct on the teleporters in Five. The Americans wanted to replicate the technology manufactured by the Germans. As MMX had said before in his Zombie Trilogy thread (which you should really check - it's a fantastic read), the Americans wanted to be up to part with the Germans in technological warfare, so they got their hands on the blueprints and began to re-create the MTD. The only problem is, the U.S. was not capable of perfecting such technology. As a result, the teleporters were far below the level in which the Group 935 teleporters were stabilized. Even up to Moon, the teleporters are still wacky and did not fully match the capability of the originals.

I'm not too keen on transporting Him to Green Run. It's been discussed that the Americans most likely created a genetically-altered being. In other words, it was lab-created by the Americans. Maxis and Richtofen know about Him because...well, they're entities; they can oversee pretty much everything whether they know about it or not. It's fairly simple to assume that a being with an overcharged amount of electricity that arrives and departs from lightning storms would have some kind of electrical prowess. In fact, Maxis is the only one that needs His energy to amplify his own power (hence why he can only communicate via electronics). I don't even think Richtofen mentions Him even once.

But I like this theory - easy to see where things lead up to the discoveries in Green Run. Keep 'em coming friendo! :)

It's a good theory indeed, friendo. I'm still at the conclusion of claiming the "Nacht der Untoten" in Green Run is non-canon though. Why would the Americans want a replica of the building? The area was not Group 935-related at all. It's a small prison that a group of Marines were somehow in some time after (or even during) the cargo which held an abundance of 115 crashed. I can't fathom why the U.S. would want something that they actually have never acknowledged since we assume that the Marines fought to their death. Besides, the structure is more of an allusion for the players to reminisce the first zombie map and see how far we've come in the trilogy.

You are pretty correct on the teleporters in Five. The Americans wanted to replicate the technology manufactured by the Germans. As MMX had said before in his Zombie Trilogy thread (which you should really check - it's a fantastic read), the Americans wanted to be up to part with the Germans in technological warfare, so they got their hands on the blueprints and began to re-create the MTD. The only problem is, the U.S. was not capable of perfecting such technology. As a result, the teleporters were far below the level in which the Group 935 teleporters were stabilized. Even up to Moon, the teleporters are still wacky and did not fully match the capability of the originals.

I'm not too keen on transporting Him to Green Run. It's been discussed that the Americans most likely created a genetically-altered being. In other words, it was lab-created by the Americans. Maxis and Richtofen know about Him because...well, they're entities; they can oversee pretty much everything whether they know about it or not. It's fairly simple to assume that a being with an overcharged amount of electricity that arrives and departs from lightning storms would have some kind of electrical prowess. In fact, Maxis is the only one that needs His energy to amplify his own power (hence why he can only communicate via electronics). I don't even think Richtofen mentions Him even once.

But I like this theory - easy to see where things lead up to the discoveries in Green Run. Keep 'em coming friendo! :)

Oh Okay, I wasn't too sure about the background story of most of WaW as much as I do about Blackops 1 and 2. I'll keep writing theories and I'll check that write up you mentioned, I just have this obsession about working out the Call of Duty zombies mysteries. Thank you so much for the response!

The only problem with the theory is that the nacht in green run is called 'the prototype'. A prototype is something initially made to test something on a larger scale, basically an early model of something. So this would mean that nacht in green run came first, and it makes sense because nacht in germany is bigger and more elaborate. I'm kinda leaning towards a theory that it is the illuminate that had these areas built for the purposes of observing/learning from zombie activity. They are like small prisons, bars in windows etc. so they dump some humans and some element 115 in there and observe. The illuminate are suppose to be all powerful, in control, hiding in plain sight and with operates all over the globe. So this would allow them to conduct experiments in 2 different countries that were at war, and as they were at war how many people could know about the project and both facilities? it's the perfect cover. Any thoughts on this?

I think that there are multiple Nacht der Untoten's located all around the world, acting as a testing site similar to what C-C-J said.

Also, I think that it is referred to being a prototype is because that's what exactly what it was in WaW - the prototype for Zombies. The one from Green Run is pretty much the same one layout wise, except without access to certain areas (because they are destroyed/blocked).

• Administrators

Only one problem: there is no such thing as "The Prototype" on Green Run. The name was given by the BradyGames' guide who implemented the title in their guide. Just because they deemed a name for a particular area does not make it official standard.

But I'm not quite content the idea of there being more than one "Nacht der Untoten". After all, it was nothing but a prison out in the middle of nowhere. Let me quote myself on this one:

I can't fathom why the U.S. would want something that they actually have never acknowledged since we assume that the Marines fought to their death.

This wasn't a search op to infiltrate a prison; they were stranded there and left to survive on their own. And let me say again that the original Nacht der Untoten was not Group 935 related. Even the biggest conspiracy group (Illuminati) are not involved in the events that occurred there. Plane carrying cargo which happened to contain Element 115 crashes, causing an uprising of the undead Nazi soldiers. I'm not saying that it's impossible for there to be similar models of the map as "test sites" for other operations - in fact, I think it would be a very reasonable idea. But the history behind NDU causes the idea to be...well, put aside momentarily. Nevertheless, a great idea.

hmm i had heard the name had originated from a guide, but i thought they maybe had some inside knowledge perhaps, it seems strange to call it the prototype. You're probably right, i really do hope there is a better reason that the nacht-type building is there, rather than just a 'throw-back' to the first game, just seems kind of wishy-washy when treyarch are known for having things there for a reason.

The answer really is that Nacht der Untoten is not in Green Run. It is just a fort that looks like it. It's just an allusion, just like how the Tower of Babble is an allusion to Tower of Babel.

Alright, I believe I have worked out why Nacht Der Untoten is in greenrun, Okay, so lets take our brains back to the map on Blackops 1, 'Five'. This level is located in the pentagon, at one part you can see the teleporters from the other WaW and BO1 Zombies Maps. Wait, but why, didn't group 935 only have them?

Here we go, its proven by some intel that all Wunderwaff Projects were to be sent to American-Controlled facilities, well, thats what greenrun is right?

All of that is correct.

Well, isn't Nacht Der Untoten, a project made my 935,

No, actually. Nacht der Untoten was just a fort where some Marines took refuge. In fact, Nacht der Untoten means "Night of the Undead". What makes that map significant is what happened. Where it happened was secondary. It was just some fort. Just like this is just some fort.

So this version in greenrun is the project they sent to American-Controlled facilities as well. To further expand on this, another project they must of sent to American controlled facilities (Greenrun Specifically) is the Avagadro,

He was placed inside the electricity thing in the middle of the electricity room, they sent him over to America, thats why Rictofen and Maxis know so much about him.

935 never had any plans on making an electric man. I think that it is a product unique to the USA. Just like the Gersch Device was unique to the USSR.

It's a good theory indeed, friendo. I'm still at the conclusion of claiming the "Nacht der Untoten" in Green Run is non-canon though. Why would the Americans want a replica of the building? The area was not Group 935-related at all.

This is correct. Although, it isn't non-canon. It just isn't the same thing.

It's a small prison that a group of Marines were somehow in some time after (or even during) the cargo which held an abundance of 115 crashed.

There is absolutely zero evidence that the plane had 115. In fact, most evidence contradicts that theory. Still though, we have no idea how the zombies got there.

I can't fathom why the U.S. would want something that they actually have never acknowledged since we assume that the Marines fought to their death.

Well in WW2, they did acknowledge it via Intel.

Besides, the structure is more of an allusion for the players to reminisce the first zombie map and see how far we've come in the trilogy.

Yup!

Spot on. In fact, the teleporter the Americans made in Griffin Station was quite sloppy. The MPD room used to have oxygen, but they drilled a hole through it; now it has none.

Infest is correct.

Someone who got the DLC early has said that their is a jet in the ground. In NDU loading screen, there is a jet on fire that crashed. Maybe Nacht Der Untoten is very close to the new map? And that's why it's in the first map?

Don't believe everything you hear, especially without proof.

The only problem with the theory is that the nacht in green run is called 'the prototype'. A prototype is something initially made to test something on a larger scale, basically an early model of something. So this would mean that nacht in green run came first, and it makes sense because nacht in germany is bigger and more elaborate. I'm kinda leaning towards a theory that it is the illuminate that had these areas built for the purposes of observing/learning from zombie activity. They are like small prisons, bars in windows etc. so they dump some humans and some element 115 in there and observe. The illuminate are suppose to be all powerful, in control, hiding in plain sight and with operates all over the globe. So this would allow them to conduct experiments in 2 different countries that were at war, and as they were at war how many people could know about the project and both facilities? it's the perfect cover. Any thoughts on this?

We already have Intel that tells us about why the Marines were at Nacht der Untoten. The Illuminati's role in things has been really minor. And besides Richtofen's involvement with them, we don't really know too much about them.

I think that there are multiple Nacht der Untoten's located all around the world, acting as a testing site similar to what C-C-J said.

Also, I think that it is referred to being a prototype is because that's what exactly what it was in WaW - the prototype for Zombies. The one from Green Run is pretty much the same one layout wise, except without access to certain areas (because they are destroyed/blocked).

Two is a coincidence. Three is a trend.

InfestLithium is pretty right.

I agree with InfestLithium's very first comment, I also think Nacht is only in Green Run as nostalgia for the players. However, I think it's existence is canon to the map. However, Nacht serves a different purpose- perhaps it is just a warehouse which looks eerily similar to the first map, for example.

Just throwing this out there, and it might not be of relevance at all, but...

This kind of sits in the back of my mind constantly. It was never really explained why there is a tornado type wormhole that picks up the temple. It was also seen flying toward the moon in Moon's loading screen. This leads me to believe that whatever activated that wormhole/tornado, has the power to move large objects great distances.

Could the wormhole have made it's way to other maps as well? Who knows...

Only one problem: there is no such thing as "The Prototype" on Green Run. The name was given by the BradyGames' guide who implemented the title in their guide. Just because they deemed a name for a particular area does not make it official standard.

But I'm not quite content the idea of there being more than one "Nacht der Untoten". After all, it was nothing but a prison out in the middle of nowhere. Let me quote myself on this one:

This wasn't a search op to infiltrate a prison; they were stranded there and left to survive on their own. And let me say again that the original Nacht der Untoten was not Group 935 related. Even the biggest conspiracy group (Illuminati) are not involved in the events that occurred there. Plane carrying cargo which happened to contain Element 115 crashes, causing an uprising of the undead Nazi soldiers. I'm not saying that it's impossible for there to be similar models of the map as "test sites" for other operations - in fact, I think it would be a very reasonable idea. But the history behind NDU causes the idea to be...well, put aside momentarily. Nevertheless, a great idea.

I would like to bring up the point that NDU was actually based off of the multiplayer map Airfield, which was in Japan, so going off of the "Multiple NDU's Around The World" theory actually makes a shrivel of sense.

The Panda's out...

good stuff here. although if i can add that the nacht stage in green run is called the prototype because for all intents and purposes nacht der untoten WAS the prototype for WaW zombies and spawned the series.

At least thats how I understood it when I heard the name.

On the subject of why it is in america, I don't think that the map is intended to be story specific. Sounds crazy knowing 3arc notoriously puts deep seeded clues into its game... But i honestly think that it was put in there as a wink and a nudge at the "prototype" game mode. Also if we look a little closer although this IS the same building design there are differences. If i am correct which i may be wrong, the differences include the second story layout and the back yard. No significance I can think of... just throwin it out there I wasnt sure if anyone mentioned this yet.

• 2 months later...

Interesting theory, you explained WHY Nacht der Untoten is there, but not HOW its there. Here's a little food for thought...:

-Nacht der Untoten is in Green Run

-Green Run takes place in America, King County, California to be exact

-But in World at War campaign, Nacht der Untoten is in an airfield...

in Japan

How can this possibly work? How is Nacht der Untoten in two different places at the same time?

My theories are:

They have mastered teleportation, and are not only teleporting humans, but now buildings... (a little far-fetched)

A complete coincidence that there are two buildings EXACTLY THE SAME on either side of the world... (complete bogus)

If you have any other theories as to HOW its there, don't hesitate to reply, or even E-Mail me at my "anon" E-Mail account: [email protected]

Interesting theory, you explained WHY Nacht der Untoten is there, but not HOW its there. Here's a little food for thought...:

-Nacht der Untoten is in Green Run

-Green Run takes place in America, King County, California to be exact

-But in World at War campaign, Nacht der Untoten is in an airfield...

in Japan

How can this possibly work? How is Nacht der Untoten in two different places at the same time?

My theories are:

They have mastered teleportation, and are not only teleporting humans, but now buildings... (a little far-fetched)

A complete coincidence that there are two buildings EXACTLY THE SAME on either side of the world... (complete bogus)

If you have any other theories as to HOW its there, don't hesitate to reply, or even E-Mail me at my "anon" E-Mail account: [email protected]

Uhhh... Green Run takes place in Washington State. Here's the proof.

The "Green Run" was a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility.

The Hanford Site is a mostly decommissioned nuclear production complex on the Columbia River in the U.S. state of Washington, operated by the United States federal government.

I'll also like to point out that there is a new texture file for a Zombie in Green Run that has a patch on his arm that states "Hanford Sanitarium." Undeniable proof of exactly where we are at.

Now as for the explanation of why NDU is in Green Run.

Green Run aka "Handford Site" is a Nuclear Production complex that conducted multiple experiments and was the ultimate development location of Uranium/Plutonium for the Manhattan Project. If you don't know what that was click:

The Manhattan Project was a research and development project that produced the first atomic bombs during World War II. It was led by the United States with the support of the United Kingdom and Canada. From 1942 to 1946, the project was under the direction of Major General Leslie Groves of the US Army Corps of Engineers. The Army component of the project was designated the Manhattan District; "Manhattan" gradually superseded the official codename, "Development of Substitute Materials", for the entire project. Along the way, the project absorbed its earlier British counterpart, Tube Alloys. The Manhattan Project began modestly in 1939, but grew to employ more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$2 billion (about $26 billion in 2013[1] dollars). Over 90% of the cost was for building factories and producing the fissionable materials, with less than 10% for development and production of the weapons. Research and production took place at more than 30 sites across the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada.

Two types of atomic bomb were developed during the war. A relatively simple gun-type fission weapon was made using uranium-235, an isotope that makes up only 0.7 percent of natural uranium. Since it is chemically identical to the most common isotope, uranium-238, and has almost the same mass, it proved difficult to separate. Three methods were employed for uranium enrichment: electromagnetic, gaseous and thermal. Most of this work was performed at Oak Ridge, Tennessee. In parallel with the work on uranium was an effort to produce plutonium. Reactors were constructed at Oak Ridge and Hanford, Washington, in which uranium was irradiated and transmuted into plutonium. The plutonium was then chemically separated from the uranium. The gun-type design proved impractical to use with plutonium so a more complex implosion-type weapon was developed in a concerted design and construction effort at the project's principal research and design laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico.

So, what we have is an isolated area in the far northwestern corner of the United States. Perfect for performing experiments on "Mental Patients" because it is far out of the eyes of the rest of America, there's a reason why they chose this location as the development site for much of the nuclear materials needed for the Manhattan Project. Its also in a location that is marked with "Radioactive" signs as a deterrent to keep wandering persons away from the area.

But, why is NDU there?

It was stated in the Audio Files and Dreamland Database that the Germans, Maxis and Richtofen, knew that the Americans were ahead of them in the research of 115.

We all know what 115 was capable of, in case you forgot, Reanimating the Dead. This is actually the most common attribute of 115. So, the Americans must have known about zombies before or at the same time as the Germans did.

So what do we have at NDU?

It looks like a prison, but its really not. People speculate that its an Airfield, yes it may resemble one, but as we all know. The developers of ALL video games recycle textures to cut on development time... What it looks like to me, is a destroyed building with broken radios, boarded windows, and writing on the walls that looks like whoever wrote it was terrified.

Nacht der Untoten is an American Testing Facility located in Hanford, "Green Run," Washington.

But, Blitz! Where is your proof?

Its all over the place.

The Introduction:

A crashed plane with a passenger/pilot that ultimately gets attacked by a "Runner." This doesn't prove or disprove anything, its a simple intro that shows the confusion of whats happening, there was no evidence of other survivors, nor was there evidence that that victim even survived. I do believe that the intro does tie into NDU. I'll get to that in a moment.

Written on the Walls:

What we have are words/phrases that were written in terror on the doors and walls. Specifically, the unfinished word of "Help" that leads directly into the "Box Room." This symbolizes that there were either more "Survivors" or there were people there before them.

The Mystery Box and Lack of Perks:

The Mystery Box, is a Mystery. The one thing that is apparent though, is where ever there are Zombies, there's a Mystery Box. In vanilla NDU we have a lack of perks. Why is that? Because, the Perk-a-Cola's were man-made where the Box is considered to be supernatural. This symbolizes the VERY beginning of Zombies, before any further research was made.

Marines:

American Marines? Only 4 of them? Plane Crash? Nazi Zombies? It all makes sense.

The Truth! (In Theory):

America is pretty dirty when it comes to experimentation, the proof of that comes when them made American GIs run into the Fallout of nuclear tests back in the 50's:

ZWSMoE3A5DI

So, if America would do that, why wouldn't they experiment with GIs vs Zombies? Right?

They used the Experimental Facility known as the "Prototype" located in Handford to test the capabilities of American Soldiers vs the Zombies themselves. So these soldiers would not know what was going on they "Possibly" caused a intentional emergency landing in the field near Nacht. The soldiers believed that they were en route to Germany towards the front lines, so upon crashing they immediately took shelter for what was nearby, they definitely were not ready for the supernatural experiences they were about to undergo. The Zombies were either, deceased Americans dressed as Zombies, or possibly even actual German PoWs that had 115 experiments conducted on them. The whole purposes of them being "Nazis" is so the Marines wouldn't hesitate on shooting them, if they appeared as civilians or Allied Militants, the soldiers could have immediately died.

Upon entering the destroyed building, they noticed writing on the walls which appeared to be written out of fear and even appeared to be written from the slightly psychotic. This symbolizes that there have been multiple groups tested here. We just may have been the final group...

Ultimately, I believe that Nacht was located in America the whole time, and happened to be one of the first official American tests of the Zombie Epidemic.

Ooh I like that, sounds feasible. Could do with dusting off my copy of WaW and having a look at it again.

As for the Avogadro I've always thought that the way we're introduced to him, through the whole power sequence, suggested that some human had ran into the power box to take cover from the zombies and then when we turn the power back on... poof! Electric zombie monster.

Hello i am new to the thread but am no stranger to zombies. i would like to point out that because treyarch had no story plans for zombies during their creation of NDU and thus has no real significance or any real connection, at least not until Kino where they gave us some info that explained its connection but still having little to no more significance than it previously had. from this we learned that it is most likely just one of several satellite radio-zombie-control test centers that was overran and abandoned(to explain the lack of equipment). further more it is my personal belief that our 4 silent NDU characters are just 4 unrelated, unlucky marines who got separated from their troop or platoon and got lost. Also the crashed plane of NDU is an American B-17 bomber and was probably just shot down during a bombing run near the area, holding no significance to 115 or the zombies still inhabiting the area. So why is NDU in Green Run? I believe it is simply there as an Easter Egg for reminiscing. if it did hold greater significance I would think that the building wouldn't be exactly the same or at least not have the same damage and there would probably be more to it than just one empty room. its just there to make us say "COOL!" :)