I love Claymores

I was playing tranzit the other day, bought claymores early on and started to farm them at different spots. I ended up dying out one round, came back with nothing, but i spawned near one of my farmed claymores and went over and picked it up, i was surprised at this yes, but when we got a max ammo, i got was replenished with claymores aswell, and also with each round. So really i only had to buy them once even though i died. Not to mention a claymore can take out a whole train of zombies almost near round 20 if you bunch them up and set the claymore down in the right spot. They are also good for denizens set one behind you and poof,

I LOVE CLAYMORES. and i miss the bouncing bettys....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to find a corner in each map that i can place a few claymores or betties in, It has to be a good spot so as when you are running a train a random zombie wont set it off, but its close enough to you so that if you get caught re-loading you can just back into the corner and poof. On Der Reise the power room before opening the last tele door, is a great place for this. I have yet to really find a good "oh shit" hole or corner on any black ops 2 maps, any ideas?

Random bits:

Put on bus roof, can't pick it up.

Can you do the claymore launch like in mw2? Drop on a friend on a ladder.

Remember to drop them somewhere, facing out of the map before you get max ammo. You can do this at the start of each round, move them later.

Car bomb if there are any unexploded vehicles.

Now I want to go play zombies...

Anyone know what the actual limit for # of claymores is? I reached the cap once. It must have been at least 20...

Back in the day I would put like 20 on the landing at the top of the stairs in the war room in "five." the third wold run up on like round 30+ and BOOM!! Gone. BONFIRE SAAALE!!

I miss those Bettie's though. They couldn't be picked up and moved but they don't actually damage you so I liked them better.

Anyone know what the actual limit for # of claymores is? I reached the cap once. It must have been at least 20...

Back in the day I would put like 20 on the landing at the top of the stairs in the war room in "five." the third wold run up on like round 30+ and BOOM!! Gone. BONFIRE SAAALE!!

I miss those Bettie's though. They couldn't be picked up and moved but they don't actually damage you so I liked them better.

Not sure on cap, have reached it in bo.

On "five", you can fill the juggernogg alcove with them while running the warroom. The 'third' (thief) will die instantly in it (round 32 was the highest i have seen it work).

Betty trick for waw (not bo) snn and dr: drop only one, then max ammo will raise that to two.

The cap is twelve. :)

Also, feel free to run out with Claymores, but don't keep em out for too long. They have a habit of disappearing randomly in your hands.

I love Claymores though, too. I understand why they put a cap on them (there were G-Spawn challenges in Black Ops in which players would stack as many Claymores as they could in attempt to overload the game as soon as they can) but I think they could've upped to at least 25 or 30. You only get framerate drop and G Spawn when you place 50+ on the map. Oh well. I like Claymores; in the words of MixMasterNut, they are 'ghetto Sallys' :lol::lol::lol: :lol: