Hoarding Spots

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always go for bus depot or tunnel because of the easy access to the guns off the wall

Normally I pap the m14 and olympia, set for the match then

Im also finding where the power switch is located is a good spot (quite fast there though). If you have stamina and a light weight weapon its very do-able.

I agree that farm is probably the easiest training spot. Very wide open and never need to worry about ammo if you're using the jet gun. Another plus, is it has very easy access to town. The easiest access without having to be in town itself. Every other spot (besides power) has a lava pit between itself and town. And when you're trying to get jugg this is important.

I love the tunnel and the skullcrusher so that is my number 2. After that, I prefer diner, then town, lastly bus depot (although town might be harder, I just don't train here often).

Anyone else try nacht out? It gets kinda of fun.

• Administrators

The great thing about Green Run is that there are so many spots to train. I have quite a few favorites, but I guess I have to stay content with my top three:

Farm

Ever wanted an extremely easy, yet beautiful spot to run your circles? Using the truck as a center pillar will be the perfect plan to making trains. Like perfectlemonade said, the power door to the farm will remain closed so you only have to worry about the four outside barriers around the area and the ground near the entrance [considering that you did not open up the house].

There's a Remington inside the lower level of the barn in case you worry about a nearby weapon. Sure, shotguns aren't exactly the greatest guns to work with. But if you consider PaPing it, I promise that clearing out hoards will be a cinch. The placement of the gun is perfect and will not mess up your train given you know how to run a circle with some skill. Even if you don't like the farm, you can even utilize the empty space near the entrance where the bus generally parks in front of (lots of area to complete all sorts of train styles).

Diner

If you're not exactly in the mood to stay at the Farm, you can head over to the dinner and run laps in various sections. My favorite one is between the gas pumps and the mechanic's shed. Obtain your zombie shield and the MP5 inside the Diner to maximize the fun level. Did you know that around the mid 20's, you can blow pack a whole horde with two bumps of your shield? It's great for saving ammo or getting yourself out of a tight spot.

The best aspect about using the shield is the unlimited supply of it. The location of the MP5 is a bit off unlike Farm; however, it's relatively easy to grab some ammo for it, then run around all the trucks or jump across the small lava pools. There's enough space for at least 3 people to train together.

Tunnel

If you're playing solo or with a buddy, the Tunnel is the most optimal choice for training. Lots of space to work with, and you can use the lava cracks to your advantage for easy obliteration. You have a longer and somewhat wider range to run around, and the Denizens won't touch you unless you hit the fog (which is easy to tell once you reach the middle of the tunnel).

An M16 is located along the right-hand side of the wall (coming from Bus Depot > Diner). All it takes is running to the side to grab some ammo and leaving asap. If you know how to perform headshots proficiently, then you'll have no problem being good buddies with the gun. If you're not too keen on it, that's okay - PaPing it into the Skullcrusher will make up for any desires in a gun. The Diner is only a short distance away, so picking up the zombie shield won't be a problem whenever you get the chance. The same goes for the Bus Depot if you'd rather have an Olympia or m14 [Pap'ed I suppose].

One little aspect will rule the Tunnel as unique over the other stops: the bus. If you were smart enough to complete the cow catcher on it, that run-down tank will demolish any zombies in its path. With careful timing and decent conga lines, you can wipe out the whole horde very easily. Sure, the bus comes only once every run so you can't fully expect it to be there for you whenever you need it; however, it can be a life saver in some instances.

These are ridiculously crude layouts, but perhaps I'll enhance them 9001% more when I get the chance to.

Of course, there are other area such as Town and the Bus Depot that could make great train spots, but these three are my favorite whenever I play TranZit. ;)

Note:

blue = gun location

red = lava

green = potential routes

yellow = workbenches

purple = emergency holdout

I made up my own train to use at town. It is a bit unorthodox since other trains try to eliminate fire as a factor, but lemme tell ya, I can grind those rounds out in no time with this strategy. I won't go into amazing detail, but I call it the "four-point" strategy or the Compass, because the motion is in 4 compass directions. This can be used for tranzit and town, but in tranzit you alter it slightly if the bus is there.

Fast, safe, effective, and my first original train strategy! :mrgreen: quit looking at me like that, perfect!

It's basically a consensus amongst the high round players that Farm is THE place to be on Tranzit—excuse me, on Green Run.

So, yeah, you should definitely stay there. And with the gate to the actual farm closed, it is lightning quick. I wish I had my solo guide to refer you to, but it's MIA as of now. :lol:

don't worry, i read it

i normally horde at the Diner. I love the MP5 and can rack up points easily and the shield helps plenty ( i stay there into the late teens before i even get jug) sometimes ill train in a smallish area right under jug. when the bus is at farm i normally train in the walkway even though its crazy and then go out to the open when it leaves. Ive never tried the tunnel though

The real easy spots to be are probably the tunnel and town. Town all you have to do is get jug and run through the stamina building and wait for the zombies to come up by you and jump off. Then repeat the process up at the jug building.

Tunnel is a really easy place to stay even if the colt isn't upgraded. The tunnel racks up so much points it's not even funny.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the AK74u spot outside the Power Station. That place rocks for me, fairly easy to create hoards and circles. It's a semi big area, but enough to do a whole hoard. When the bus isn't there, you have even more room.

But honorable mention to outside Farm though. The PaP'd Remington owns there, especially with Double Tap 2. Your also making more money than your spending it on it's ammo which is good.

But honorable mention to outside Farm though. The PaP'd Remington owns there, especially with Double Tap 2. Your also making more money than your spending it on it's ammo which is good.

big +1 there, i keep a PAP'd remington in the fridge at all times. If i want to hold out it's at the farm with that weapon and double tap, it is a great combo plus unlimited ammo.

a friend and i held off in town last night till round 16 just sitting in back alley where the box spawns and shooting the zombies as they come. i did have a sldg hammr though...lol he had a ray gun.

i like farm and diner the most, at diner in early rounds if you have the mp5 and the shield on your back you can go 20+ rounds at the diner with no perks.