Population Counter, Marlton, and The Nuke

trevbo

I previously posted this in the General Discussion, and asked for a Nuketown Forum, here is my repost:

In regards to the Nuketown EE:

I have been reading a few posts, and decided to try some theories out. Let me start by saying that I had no intentions of trying to EE Hunt while playing this particular game, but we decided to try it after a while of killing.

Started to hunt after Round 25. As some of us know, after 25 we hear (what I assume to believe) the final transmission from Richtofen. and then something drastic happens. The eyes of the Zombies turn BLUE. Rounds 1-24, the eyes are orange (orange is the opposite on the color spectrum as blue, Samantha/Richtofen, oposite eternal struggle, you get the point).

Then at the end of round 25, my brother and I decided that if would be a good time to start hunting. We recalled from Blops 1, in the Multiplayer EE where you shot the heads off the Mannequins inside the map in under 15 seconds, you were rewarded with a Rolling Stones song. So we tried it. it was only until theatre mode that I realized we missed ONE mannequin, inside the power drop shed behind Yellow House.

So no leads there. We the proceeded to try a theory that PINNAZ brought to my attention via a separate Nuketown post; shooting the electrical power outlets throughout the houses. There are several through both houses, and ONE in the destroyed house at the back of the cul de sac. behind the trailer inside the left of the window, where Zombies jump out of. Still to no avail.

I also heard things of the light switches in the houses, and also a blue SD card shaped object in fuze boxes on either house. These SD cards and light switches are both seemingly just part of the buildings, cannot be interacted with, and "reset" after your bullet marks disappear. No Luck there.

The next step in our debacle was brought to our attention via the dinging of the Nuke Clock. This clock is tied to the Population counter. The Hand on the Nuke Clock moves after ever 33 kills. Along with the hand, the "Buyable" Power Drop cycles. It started this game on Nuke, then cycles every 33 kills, next to x2, then Insta Kill, along to Fire Sale, arriving at Max Ammo, back to Nuke. It was this cycle EVERY time throughout that game, verified in theatre.

Then we dove back into the Population Counter's symbols on the bottom of the sign. Most agree that the first is a Bicycle, located in the Yellow Garage. The next is agreed to be the Trinity symbol, or Treyarch symbol. there is a generator at the edge of the map, near the street sign reading Trinity Ave. It can be destroyed with a few bullets. Next, it what appears to be the Atomic symbol, and closely resembling that of Group 935's symbol, yet the hand is missing. But, this symbol also appears on the sides of the Population Counter's dials, as noted by GoStylz video (Sorry, the video is GONE from youtube).

Moving right along to the next symbol, which many confuse as the symbol on the Fallout Shelter. This is untrue, the next symbol seen is the Nuclear symbol, or the Radioactive symbol (I like to assume Nuclear, to coincide with the Nuke Power Drop). Lastly, we see the symbol for the Fallout Shelter, which we know by knifing the door, that Marlton is inside.

As for those who are predicated by timeline, what I stated above about Round 25 and the eyes turning blue, we can be almost safe in assuming that Nuketown takes place at the SAME time as Moon. Further backing these points, we have some of the same transmissions from Moon as were found on that map, where Richtofen talks about Samantha's time coming soon, and at Round 25, he says now he's going to kill us all, and the eyes turn blue. Many know that in previous games, whilst Samantha was in control, the eyes were orange. After Edward's soul enters the Vril Pyramid on Griffin Station, and Samantha's soul enters Richtofen's body, HE is in control, and the eyes turn blue.

Then the at the end of your game on Nuketown, there is a Missile, quite similar to that of one launched from the Moon base, that strikes. Furthermore giving vague evidence that Nuketown is the same time as Moon. I would also venture to say that Green Run isn't too far off since Marlton is inside the Bunker at Nuketown.. or i could be dead wrong, I'm not a Developer..

Now on to speculation as the the EE. I, as many others before me, think that it has something to do with the symbols. I do not know what, but think there is something to be done with the Bicycle, then blow up the Generator at Trinity Ave. I have NO idea about the Atomic/Group 935 symbol, buta small theory on the Nuclear symbol: Get the counter to "00" with a Nuke in the shed behind Yellow House, and hit the Nuke. Then go to the Fallout Shelter, and free Marlton.

BUUUUUT, as Treyarch did in Moon, I think this must be done within a SPECIFIC timeline. How would Marlton get to Green Run? Why, the Bus of course!! We hear the honking of the bus, (I have heard it at the end of round 5 and also round 6) and I believe that to be our timeline! Some may say, "It isn't possible by Round 6, thats absurd!" Well, many of us thought Pack-A-Punching before round 8 on Ascension was also extreme, but we've done it!

EDIT: We tried cycling the Power Drop to the Nuke exactly when the Population Counter was at 00 and the hand on the Nuke Clock was ALSO at 0, to no joy. BUT, that was at round 30, or 31.

Just thoughts, speculation, and diving deeper down the Rabbit Hole, trying to find all Treyarch has in store for us.. If any of us have more info on these things, please, add to the mix.. I'm simply trying to help all of us get a little further in our quest..

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you are trying some serious "trial and error," Which I appreciate as I don't have the patience to figure this out :lol:

But you mentioned above about Shooting power supplies; have you tried Galvaknuckle? They work against Mr Electric Zombie so maybe Electricity vs Electricity...

Sounds like you are trying some serious "trial and error," Which I appreciate as I don't have the patience to figure this out :lol:

But you mentioned above about Shooting power supplies; have you tried Galvaknuckle? They work against Mr Electric Zombie so maybe Electricity vs Electricity...

I have not tried using the galvaknuckles to do such for one reason, being some of them are in places a hand simply cannot reach. So only bullets will do. Disappointing to me really, because I like the idea of it, but it simply cannot be done.

Also, I just had another idea, which I would like some feedback on. I, and few others, have tried shooting the mannequin head off. But seemingly in theatre, I always miss one somewhere, regardless how well I scour the map in gameplay. Perhaps it leads nowhere.

Then there is still the enigma as to what the symbols mean. Don't just utilize YouTube to see what others think they mean, do some research throughout your own game, and feed us ideas! Communication is the basis of teamwork, so lets hear some ideas way out from left field and try them out!

Alas, only more thoughts.. Until I get to try them on for size later tonight.

You know, I had an idea that I posted on an NGT video a few days before the new song EE was discovered; Regarding the symbols on the Nuketown sign.... Bicycle=Bi=2, Trinity=Tri=3, Atom=the counter on the sign, Nuclear=the Nuke drop, Fallout Shelter= the Fallout Shelter.

So... wait until the sign is at 23 and the drop in the shed is a nuke. Grab the nuke, then have someone immediately knife the fallout shelter. Lo and behold... a few days later it is discovered that picking up the drop in the shed while the counter is at 15 plays a song. So, my idea that the counter and the drops in the shed might be related was correct, at the very least.

Now, I did try this on solo and nothing happened... but you might need someone to knife the fallout shelter immediately after the nuke is picked up, or at the same time. I had to run all the way across the map. You also might need to wait until after round 25.

And one more thing that I'm just throwing out (and I seriously doubt this is the case, but I feel it's worth mentioning)... Jimmy Z's hint. Points, wait, continue to work. Well, you need 3000 points to open the shed. Then you need to wait until the 23 coincides with the nuke (and possibly until after round 25) and then get to work. What if you get the correct navcard for Green Run Tranzit by completing the Nuketown EE? Yeah... highly doubtful, considering not everyone has that map. And I think his tweet was saying to wait until DLC anyways. But it still kinda fits.

I watched a video i found on here and to get the third song to play,(teddy bears+song 1, manequins = song 2) they guy got the population count to 15 while the big clock was at 1... 1 15 then grabbed the power up in the shed outback. I believe that there is way more to this counting system. maybe this is how to get certain perks to drop? Like you have a certain in game challenge to get each perk to drop. ie no player takes a hit before a certain amount of kills, drops jug. and so on. Ive played till round 19 with no jug but every other perk and Pap had dropped, there has to be someway of getting perks to drop just being random is well stupid, if jug never drops people will just rage quit. But if there were some order to get them to drop now we have a goal.

Any thoughts on this one?

The numbers we are looking for seem to be on the map. The number 15 is on the yellow house, reading 15 bottom to top.

The number 36 is on the plates around the dials on the counter, one is upside down. I believe there are 9 plugs in the green house. 936?

Dg2, dg3 on Richthofen's book

Maybe there are other numbers we can find.

The numbers we are looking for seem to be on the map. The number 15 is on the yellow house, reading 15 bottom to top.

The number 36 is on the plates around the dials on the counter, one is upside down. I believe there are 9 plugs in the green house. 936?

Nice finds Protege! I did notice the 36 on the dials, and I'll try to verify the 9 plugs! However, I didn't notice the DG2 and DG3 on Richtofen's manifesto. I think you may be on to something, yet Treyarch does seem to put a lot of subliminal back-story hints into the maps, without any actual in game relevance.

Overall, Great work guys, and lets keep trucking on this!

the knocked over mail boxes in front of each house say mason and woods. Subliminal non relevant game graphics or whatever

I had also noticed this, and agree, its relevant to the campaign, but not to Zombies. Just leftover code they reused from the MP Nuketown 2025 map. Good addition though!

You, my friend, are onto something.

From this description of Nuketown: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/seasonpass and the wonder weapons on the laboratory table at Five, we know that America was trying to be right behind Group 935, the Group that tested element 115 and made the zombies with Maxis and Rhictofen. Perhaps they were named Group 936? If they were testing zombies, it would explain why they have an exact copy of Nacht der Untoten in Green Run, and prove that Marlton was a part of 935! (see my other post in Asylum.) If this gets proved, we would've had a HUGE find in the zombies storyline.

I have been working so much have not had a chance to play zombies.

I think the only way were going to find anything else is from some very vigorous trial and error.

We need to try every combination between the # on the counter, and the perk behind the door. I feel we will find a few more things by doing this, but after that we'll have to try some other combinations. Such as, blowing up all the outlets or possibly electrical devices in one house with different #'s on the counter.

Like I said, a lot of trial and error. I believe the only way to accomplish this would be with a community effort.