Rank System has change the game for everrr!!

Hey guys,

just feel i need to get this out of me...

So sad, how this game has change because of the rank system.

Mostly based by k/d ratio, now everyone plays solo, randoms always quit half game, everybody talk is all about stats, is always a competition.

feels like multiplayer game style, its not anymore about the team, its not about good team strategies anymore, or how we can help others get to higher rounds, this game will never be again the same co-op game.

miss the good old days playing for fun, having good games with people i didn't know, comparing rounds survive while waiting in lobby's, playing for the most important thing in the game was..SURVIVE. Not like now, were kills are the most important thing on the game.

Dont get me wrong I still love Zombies, best and only game i really play, and i really like how it turn out after all the changes and new mechanics

but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I think the fault is on how the rank system was design in first place, make the most weight on k/d ratio.

It has change the vibe of the game and also the players.

just my 2C, sorry for the whining, just want it to get it out...

Now back to play solo on town to try to higher my k/d, so i can finally have the skull knify thingy, played so much on tranzit with randoms that my k/d its horrible and skulls with shotguns looks impossible for the average not glitcher, tranzit random wanna player like me...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The ranking system isn't necessarily bad; it's something that the community wanted to have implemented. So there it is - something to record every little detail of what we do and accomplish in zombies. Where there are numbers, there will be competition.

People only care about stats for two things: emblem and leaderboard rank. Emblem doesn't reflect how good you are as a player; it just tells other people that you met a certain criteria of approved statistics to be considered as a different rank. It's just like Multiplayer; the emblem doesn't define the player. The same can go for stats. I know several people on my friends list who are up in the top 500 for leaderboards, but I know as a fact that they are anything but amazing at zombies.

A true zombie slayer shouldn't be concerned with those aspects. Sure, having shotties and being seen as a big dog in the global leaderboards is nice; however, the game itself will test your ability to survive in zombies. Sooner or later, people will know what kind of player you truly are.

I think the emblem ranking is a little wierd. But i do like all the stats now. Plus i have 3 or 4 friends that have the shottys but they have half the kills as me and the same ammount of downs and deaths. I have about 100 kill/down ratio and 200 kill/death ratio and they all have about 50-75. (also i am higher ranked in every statistic on the leaderboards, revives, highest round counts, grenade kill and so on. So i dont get it. And also im not really worried about newbs leaving early because their downs/deaths still count towards the rank. And quitters will always quit, even if there wasnt ranks lol. But keep ur head up and maybe one day they will fix the emblems and you will get ur actual rank. (i wouldnt mind having the shottys either) And i think that there should be some type of penalty for leaving mid round too, to keep a little less people from quiting. It isnt a perfect system, but i love having something to strive for besides the highest round too.