My jet gun thoughts

MrKechi115

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

I wanted to share my thoughts on the new "Wonder Weapon" of Green Run :D .

So, i keep hearing that people dont like the jet gun because it can break and it slowly cools down, well im here to tell you that at least from my point of view YOURE WRONG.

The jet gun its an instakill in any round and has infinite ammo, that is GREAT! :) the downside is that it cant fire for to long or it will break but if it wasnt like that it would be super overpowered, my favorite way to use it is to train the zombies, kill them without overhearing the gun and then keep training the zombies with the gun out and when i have the full train it will be cooled down and ready to fire... also is funny as f**** :lol:

EDIT: As stated by Tasty Applesauce below, a turbine helps you cooldown the jet gun, SWEET! :lol:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to the comment about sucking max Amos ect from a distance, has anyone tried looking out of bounds for something we could suck to us? I know tons of people will say hundreds of people have no fogged and theaters entire map but not everything shows up in those modes.

I dont think so, it sucks power ups, not physical objects

I wouldn't even consider it a Wonder Weapon it all: it's basically just a crafted object from junk around Green Run. While I do agree that it is a very useful build and people initially had a negative response to it, I would rather it to not return in Die Rise or any future maps- I'd rather we get a "real" Wonder Weapon, one that uses 115 and can be retrieved from the Box. We've been promised Wonder Weaponry with Rise, although I'm afraid they're referring to Buildable wonder weaponry. :?

I use it every once in awhile, never took the time to "master" it because of the slow reaction of putting it up/ pulling it out.

My first experience was in Town, I trained a bunch of zombies thinking it would be cool to kill them. It wasn't, a bunch of zombies on fire got pulled into my face and I died from the explosions lmao.

It is a cool looking weapon though, not wunder but still good. Floating is fun and I actually didn't know about it sucking up power ups, nor did I know turbines would help the cool down.

I think people really got spoiled with the wunder waffe and thunder gun. They expected a "own all" weapon again and I'm glad they didn't put them in the game. As much as I loved the Thundergun, especially on Ascension, it would almost always contribute to me getting sleepy in the upper 40+ rounds. Way too repetitive and very small challenge.

One of these days, I'll work on using it properly as the only enjoyment I've got from it is a heating the pylon and floating a few feet :lol:

I use it every once in awhile, never took the time to "master" it because of the slow reaction of putting it up/ pulling it out.

My first experience was in Town, I trained a bunch of zombies thinking it would be cool to kill them. It wasn't, a bunch of zombies on fire got pulled into my face and I died from the explosions lmao.

It is a cool looking weapon though, not wunder but still good. Floating is fun and I actually didn't know about it sucking up power ups, nor did I know turbines would help the cool down.

I think people really got spoiled with the wunder waffe and thunder gun. They expected a "own all" weapon again and I'm glad they didn't put them in the game. As much as I loved the Thundergun, especially on Ascension, it would almost always contribute to me getting sleepy in the upper 40+ rounds. Way too repetitive and very small challenge.

One of these days, I'll work on using it properly as the only enjoyment I've got from it is a heating the pylon and floating a few feet :lol:

that pretty much sums up my first jet gun experience as well haha, although I'm not sure people are acting spoiled, every map since the release of Black Ops has had its own Wonder weapon, every single map has also had its own unique one that kicks absolute ass in its own way as well.

Kino - Thundergun

Five - Winter's Howl

Ascension - Thundergun again, matryoshka dolls, and gersch device

Call of the Dead - Scavenger, V-R11

Shangri-La - Shrink Ray (31-79 JGb215)

Moon - Wave gun/ Zap Gun, and the QED

I personally find the Jet Gun to be lacking though because unless you have people helping you build it its basically cross country running in the fog unless you're really lucky with your teleports all for a weapon that you only get around 10 seconds of firing with before it overheats, you cant sprint or melee with it out either, if you do overheat it you have to build it all again, and on top of all that using it to actually kill zombies is more trouble than its worth because as you said they explode if they're on fire damaging you and zombies double hit much more often and quicker in this game, all it really takes it being unlucky one time when you're trying to kill a train and you're done. The most use you get out of it is using it to heat up the Obelisk.