[Q] Obtaining, Keeping and Losing Persistent Upgrades

Tom852

with each gun i use, i notice at least 4 green poofs. and then the power of the gun damage is increased. my current heaqdshot average per game is well over 3/4 headshots to kills.

We really need to direct some attention to testing this. I have noticed what appeared to be an increased head shot multiplier as well after getting the headpopper multiple times in the same game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with each gun i use, i notice at least 4 green poofs. and then the power of the gun damage is increased. my current heaqdshot average per game is well over 3/4 headshots to kills.

We really need to direct some attention to testing this. I have noticed what appeared to be an increased head shot multiplier as well after getting the headpopper multiple times in the same game.

I avid gamer i know did a round of testing, and it seems that EACH GUN you use, comes with its own "persistent" upgrade. he tested throughout multiple games by buying the MP%, and using only it, throughout 3 matches where he lasted 26, 32, and 37 rounds. he captured each poof of green orbs, and he was logging how many headshots it took to kill them, it was consistently taking 3 headshots with an unpacked mp5k up until round 12, where he got his second poof of green smoke, and it took him just 1 headshot to kill them, after 3 rounds it went up to 2 headshots [this is unpacked] and then he got another green orb, and it went back to 1 headshot kills for 3 more rounds. he then PAP'd and it was 1 headshot, for 5 rounds, on the 5th it was 2-3 then he got another poof of green smoke, and it went back to 1 headshiot.

he tested this with the M16, and TAR, and it was relatively the same each time, he would consistently be upgrading his gun through headshots.

I have done some testing on my own, and can definitely confirm this to be true, in that when you get green poofs when taking out multiple headshots at once, your damage multiplier gets increased [for the current equipped weapon only until you get the unlock for your other loadout, and you can have more than one "persistently upgraded" gun at once]

I make an effort to do this with the DSR [packed 3X cuz i love the silencer] and i almost always crack round 40 on solo [of which i generally only play] and if i get my upgrades, it is still a 1 hit kill on rd 40-45 when blasting into a crowd, and i nail the headshot, it can take out up to 5 zombies if they are lined up.

now, that is only AFTER the upgrades. i have done a match, where i didnt grab the DSr until rd 40, i PAP'd it, and tested it, and it was taking 2-3 headshots to kill them.

as far as the EXACT mechanics of it, it is still somewhat a mystery - but the fact that I get anywhere from 3-6 green poofs a game from multiple headshot kills at the same time, and the persistent nature in which the damage inflicted changes, it's safe to say that these are confirmed

tbh I don't believe it is gun based. I earned it several times with some gun, then I switch to ray, and after 24 kills I hear the loosing perk sound. Theoretically, I should not lose it when using the ray if it was gun based.

Or I have the perk, end game, start new, use m14. I earned the perk say with galil, but in the new game i have it for the m14 too, can be clearly seen when you oneshot or headless oneshot zombies in 4-6.

• Administrators

tbh I don't believe it is gun based. I earned it several times with some gun, then I switch to ray, and after 24 kills I hear the loosing perk sound. Theoretically, I should not lose it when using the ray if it was gun based.

Or I have the perk, end game, start new, use m14. I earned the perk say with galil, but in the new game i have it for the m14 too, can be clearly seen when you oneshot or headless oneshot zombies in 4-6.

I always assumed that the different puffs of green smoke were to signify that you completed a particular tier for the skill. We know there are different ways to obtaining the skill, so perhaps completing those "objectives" is signaled by the puffs?

From what I have encountered, I lose my headshot skill when I stop performing headshots and start shooting elsewhere. I tend to use the M14 and FAL myself, so getting the skill is not a problem. In a game with Jew Feedz last night, him and his buddy were consistently getting the skill then suddenly lost them in game. They worked hard to get it back after reaching somewhere near 400-500 headshots.

The matter is, though, that you can lost is very easily yet gain it back with the same easy. I believe it's all based on what you consistently do.

- If you revive your team often, you get the quick-revive skill. Let them down and un-revived too many times, you lose it.

- Repair enough barriers in one game and earn the metal barriers skill. Ignore repairing said barriers, then you go back to wooden slabs.

- Pull off some crazy headshots in multiple ways. Failure to continue shooting the freaksacks' heads will result in you losing your multiplier.

I think the first head popper will carry through for any weapon. This is like the base upgrade, I don't believe it even adds to headshot damage or if it does it is a neglible increase.

However if you stick to one weapon the whole game, I noticed the 3rd or 4th time I achieved the green puff with the skullcrusher, the zombies simply died quicker. I should have really went into theater to confirm this but it went from what felt like a 4-5 shot headshot to what appeared to be 1-2 shot kill. Hoardes were falling in what appeared to be 1/2 the time.

Again this was all just feel, and I really should have inspected it closer at the time, but it happened mid-round and the increased head shot multiplier was quite apparent.

I don't believe that this upgraded multiplier carries over from game to game either only the base head popper does that. The next game I played my M16 felt stock.

Just a note on Quick Revive.

Playing a game on Tranzit the other day just messing around on a diner challenge, we purposely let someone bleed out. All still had Quick Revive after this.

I will have it recorded somewhere, but really can't be arsed to go find it. Unless I really have to :D

Just a note on Quick Revive.

Playing a game on Tranzit the other day just messing around on a diner challenge, we purposely let someone bleed out. All still had Quick Revive after this.

I will have it recorded somewhere, but really can't be arsed to go find it. Unless I really have to :D

Hey Chopper, curious if anyone in your game started to revive him and stopped before he bled out?

I hve a question about the Quick Revive perk. The way i got it was completely different from every one else so it may have just been a slight glitch. I was with a group of 4 people and we started to try to get the perk. I never completed mines because the rounds got to high. So we ended up dying and decided to play a new game and i revived the SAME guy 3 times and i received the QR persistent upgrade. Maybe its not just tied to the amount of revives you have but also how many times you revived the same person??

Could be that the revives of your previous game counted over. If you instantly restarted, you stood in the same lobby. It may have counted as one game. So you didn't start at 0 again.

I wanted to test this with barriers, didn't work though ;)

I knew it would take me 74 barriers, so I repaired 73, then started a new game (as well in same lobby), but didn't get it at the first barrier i repaired.

As well for barriers, I repaired each round 2 windows = 12 barriers. As I knew, it takes you 74 barriers but the first rounds have limitations in how many windows count. One possible theory I got is:

R1 - 0 barriers count

R2 - 2 barriers

R5 - 10 barriers

and so on.

Another theory (i just got some examples here that lead to 74 counted barriers when i got the perk in 10):

R1-2 - 0 barriers count

R 3 - 3 barriers count

R 4 - 6 barriers and so on

Well, wanted to know how many barriers would count then e.g. in R5. So I repaired exactly 80 barriers in 5, which is much. Then I repaired nothing until 25 and 26. Well, it showed that my counter got reset in the meanwhile, cause it took me 74 in 25/26.

The system is really fucking complex.

Hey Chopper, curious if anyone in your game started to revive him and stopped before he bled out?

Ok Ed I was looking at the footage very quickly last night and know that he was revived at least twice before bleeding out, and I'm sure there were some partial attempts.

TBH I didn't actually check whether he was finally allowed to fully bleed out, but I'm pretty certain and we were talking about it in a party last night and all thought he had. Easy to check, will do it later today :)

Ok, some interesting results I have now had in 2 different games.

Both first room tranzit with 3 players.

On both times on the attempt to revive someone I went down without reviving. The other player was got up on the second attempt by my teammate, but then both times I was left to bleed out.

On one of the games both me and a teammate bleed out.

After these games, the only players who lost quick revive were the ones who were up when I bleed out. There were partial revive attempts in both these games.

So the game with 2 bleed outs, the only player who lost it was the one up and running whilst the other 2 were down.

So it seems if you let someone bleed out, you lose it. If you are down when someone bleeds out, you don't. The partial revive thing can't be confirmed by me, as I'm not sure whether bleeding out affects this. I can confirm that I partially revived someone, who was subsequently revived by someone else, and I bleed out in the process.

My testing has showed me that if you have quick revive, and attempt to revive someone, but stop (due to hordes etc) and they bleed out and you survive, you won't have quick revive next time you attempt to revive. I tested it 3 times, and it did the exact thing all 3 times. Possibly in your case, since you died attempting to revive, you don't lose it, you gave it your all so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, glad people are starting to notice the "Weapon proficiencies" thing I posted about waaay back in mid December. I noticed this almost two months ago, posted about it, had another user test and confirm it... and then the thread got derailed by that "Bird Dog Dan" troll that everyone was salivating over for a while (the one that claimed to have connections to Treyarch and knew the "rest" of the TranZit EE and how to get to the "Train Station" to buy Flopper) and my discovery was pretty much ignored.

I don't know the mechanics of it completely, and I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to unlock, but I used the upgraded RPD for a long time and got the green burst thing and even on round 42 the gun was doing a pretty good job as long as I was getting headshots. But when I switched to another gun it was working like a typical gun does on round 42 (not very well at all).

And yes, there is the initial "Head popper" unlock... but if you keep using the same gun and getting a lot of headshots, you will get some kind of further damage multiplier on headshots with that gun, apparently. I believe that if you lose the "head popper" upgrade, it completely resets any "weapon proficiencies" you have unlocked previously. Not positive about that.

Also, the Jugg upgrade... I have always lost that on round 15. Just as round 15 starts I can hear the "upgrade lost" sound. Every time I have had it at round 15 I lost it, and every time I lost it was at that point.

I'm with you on the jugger-aid going away at lvl 15. Pretty sure that's just in there as a last chance help for people that are really struggling to get to and beyond lvl 20.

As for the weapon proficiencies.. eh.... i don't know. I have some time tonight and i'll investigate it. This would be really easy to check on PC with a debug damage display. :/