PHD A Must For Die Rise

PuR3x Bladez

To me its abit of a hint, that PHD will be in Die Rise. We see in the 'trailer' the GreenRun characters hoping down elevator shafts, all on different floors. So to me it seems obvious that we will be given PHD, i think. Since it will help us survive the falls... Just my opinion, why it must be in it, otherwise its gunna be annoying, getting chased my zombies, plus taking fall damage

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No PhD- raygun goes back into the box

I refuse to be downed again because i cannot shoot my feet. I dont mind that raygun be the only wonderweapon but honestly? Without PhD it is just a hazard as it is powerful. I could rant literally all day on how badly PhD is needed and before Treyarch releases this map they better be DAMN sure they think this twice. I will be p**sed as a cat who fell ito a tub of water if this perk is not re-released. Thats all i gotta say

So to me it seems obvious that we will be given PHD, i think. Since it will help us survive the falls...

i sincerely hope this is not the case.

die rise is going to be the first map showcasing verticality as a central design concept and i like the idea of mixing winding corridors with the constant tension of avoiding cracks and ledges in the crumbling infrastructure. let's face it PHD would take way too much dying out of die rise to the extent that the perk would effectively castrate the map’s most highlighted design feature. And if still absent PHD is the price to pay for an environmental hazard thoughtfully integrated into a map’s architectural geometry as opposed to arbitrarily slathering every godless polygon in Green Run with lava sauce, I would say it’s more than welcome.

I personally loved PHD flopper but here's the thing. One it was a crutch for everyone, me included, using M&S to save yourself from being trapped. And two is it's sort of flawed in limiting the purpose of some of the new terrain and map aspects they are trying out in maps. By this I mean that they put certain dynamics into the maps to make it challenging. The lava for example. The lava is not overly difficult to work with. You can walk over the cracks and it only hurts for a second, you can jump over the pits. With flopper it would make this dynamic pointless. You could walk out into the middle of a lava pit and just stand there. Well if that's possible why bother with the lava at all. In Die Rise, if they put it in there it will instantly flaw the entire concept of the map. There will no longer be a danger factor in the uniqueness of playing on a vertical map. It's these map aspects that I like to call the "Surprise factor" that zombies started to lose over the maps of Bo1. Once everyone mastered how to run the hordes and got more comfortable the "surprise factor" became less and less. With M&S and flopper what surprise factor that was left could easily be blown to shit and not cause ones death. These terrain aspects give the game a sort of freshness. Who wasn't surprised when they missed that jump in the lava room by power for the first time and died? lol, it sucked, but we were definitely a bit surprised, and were put on our toes a bit to watch out for more dangers like that.

All in all, a perk like flopper makes new dynamics Treyarch are trying out with these maps pointless. I would like to see them build a map around floppers uses and really push the envelope and still make it challenging even though you have it.

i sincerely hope this is not the case.

die rise is going to be the first map showcasing verticality as a central design concept and i like the idea of mixing winding corridors with the constant tension of avoiding cracks and ledges in the crumbling infrastructure. let's face it PHD would take way too much dying out of die rise to the extent that the perk would effectively castrate the map’s most highlighted design feature. And if still absent PHD is the price to pay for an environmental hazard thoughtfully integrated into a map’s architectural geometry as opposed to arbitrarily slathering every godless polygon in Green Run with lava sauce, I would say it’s more than welcome.

I partially agree with you. I think that PHD should be in a place that is VERY well hidden and can only be accessed in later rounds of the game because it takes so many points to open doors and eventually find it. Then, it would seem more like a reward after your already set up with box guns and other perks. But starting the game with it close by and being easily accessible would definitely take the challenge right out of die rise. EDIT: also, what if they made PHD a buildable just like the PAP machine. AND, just like the trade off in green run of putting the ladder on the bus or in the diner to get galvaknuckles, what if PHD and the PAP shared one part that there was only one of in the whole map, so you could either jump all the way down the building and be fine, or you could have PAP'ed weapons. Just a thought

I don't agree to the OP. The fall damage will not instantly kill you if you hadn't taken hits before. So that does not have to be a reason for it being in the map.

I also disagree that the Ray is a no-no without PHD. The M&S is annoying, but with the Ray I personally don't even notice if I have PHD or not.

A PHD would take the challenge - Well, I don't agree too. Have you seen how narrow and irritating the whole map is? It looks even trickier than FIVE or Shangri La. PHD will not define the challenge in that map as far as I can rate the map by the trailer.

Another point is: Where is the challenge in Green Run? 4 perks + Knuckles + 2 upgraded guns in 1? That is no challenge. The bank is taking the challenge, not if and where and what is going on with PHD! Besides the lack of the points maximizing aspect in the first rounds, the game is massively slowed down with that f**** bank. Instead of killing zombies, people run around for one hour in round 1, it's terrible...

You should consider the release of Flopper in the past maps as a treat. Just like any other perk. I personaly think they should just stick with the four original perks, because like you, there's people that can't play this game without the need of all these things.

I can understand you'd rather want to have Juggernaut at all times, but do you seriously need PHD to use a Ray Gun...?

If they do re-release it on Die Rise which I think they will... I mean, getting slapped twice and taking falling damage kills you, (And the falling damage was from falling down the 2nd floor or the Bar) so they should put PHD back but hopefully NERF it so that it only exists out of not taking any falling damage. Because not taking explosive damage is just making it overpowered.

If they can buff Double Tapp, they can adjust any other perk.

You can't deny it would be epic to dive from the top door of an elevator shaft and explode a load of zombies at the bottom door! 8-)

...or imagine your friend running a train on the street. He occupies the train until you and two other friends ride the elevators to the roof. All 3 dive off onto the train at the same time. I think my brain just exploded. I want to go to there.

I personally loved PHD flopper but here's the thing. One it was a crutch for everyone, me included, using M&S to save yourself from being trapped. And two is it's sort of flawed in limiting the purpose of some of the new terrain and map aspects they are trying out in maps. By this I mean that they put certain dynamics into the maps to make it challenging. The lava for example. The lava is not overly difficult to work with. You can walk over the cracks and it only hurts for a second, you can jump over the pits. With flopper it would make this dynamic pointless. You could walk out into the middle of a lava pit and just stand there. Well if that's possible why bother with the lava at all. In Die Rise, if they put it in there it will instantly flaw the entire concept of the map. There will no longer be a danger factor in the uniqueness of playing on a vertical map. It's these map aspects that I like to call the "Surprise factor" that zombies started to lose over the maps of Bo1. Once everyone mastered how to run the hordes and got more comfortable the "surprise factor" became less and less. With M&S and flopper what surprise factor that was left could easily be blown to shit and not cause ones death. These terrain aspects give the game a sort of freshness. Who wasn't surprised when they missed that jump in the lava room by power for the first time and died? lol, it sucked, but we were definitely a bit surprised, and were put on our toes a bit to watch out for more dangers like that.

All in all, a perk like flopper makes new dynamics Treyarch are trying out with these maps pointless. I would like to see them build a map around floppers uses and really push the envelope and still make it challenging even though you have it.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

We had 6 maps with the Ray Gun, and 2 (3 if you count the C-3000 b1at-ch35) with Mustang & Sally, before PhD Flopper came along. If you could use them than, you should be able to use them now.

I do agree it has become a crutch. I admit I do use it, and sometimes I wish I didn't. But the habit will surely break without PhD now.

I do think playing without PhD Flopper makes us better players in the long run. We aren't relying on Ray or Sally to save our arses, so we learn to play without that comfort, and in turn, improve our skill.

If it was ever to return, I doubt it would be in Perk Machine form. Probably just as an earnable perk like Barric-Aid, Revive-Aid, etc, but nerfed severely.

I think die rise would be the absolute PERFECT map for PHD, which is exactly why they wont give it to us...

It'd be too easy, one guy hordes zombies into the bottom of a mineshaft while another dolphin dives on top of him... BAM endless points... TIL round 30

Now if there were constrictions to the rule, such as PHD doesnt do as much damage anymore, or there are invisible walls over some ledges and the big ledges will kill you instantly... So there are a lot fewer areas to ACTUALY use the perk... Or if it only protected from fall damage, no explosion, or vise versa... It may as well make an appearance.... Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Good points, but you should note that it actually loses its one hit kill power at round 20. Bearing that in mind I say BRING ON THE FLOPPER!

One of the main reasons flopper is not in Green run is because it would completely elinibate the fire mechanics and the challenges they might pose. Likewise maybe thee will be some similar feature in die rise that we haven't considered yet. For example: acid / chemical spills in labs, actual fires caused by the meteors, etc. a d then the obvious falling damage, which removes the purpose of the verticality of the map. Treyarch have expressed that it will play an important role in gameplay. Perhaps them meant structure-wise, but the falling mechanics still have some impact.

I'd think it would be pretty cool for some boots like Nemesis said but break after some use but TBH I'd quite like the whole danger aspect of falling down the shafts, I wouldn't want to survive a 100 foot fall down the skyscraper, as for WW I've never brought PHD so I wouldn't see much difference.

I was thinking that maybe they make it to where there is differnt spot where if u fall down it automatically kills you. I mean what if only the upper part of the buildings are acessable and you can go below a certain floor in each building and if u fall down (example elevator shaft) it would kill u as if u fell into the canyon of moon? Then i can see phd coming back. But if you are able to access the streets then i would say not a good idea for die rise. I CANT WAIT FOR THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

Seems like everyone is thinking what I'm thinking. Flopper would be a great treat to return in Die Rise, but it would take the "rise" out of Die Rise- it's the first map with vertical elements, and to stick PhD in there would take out the "die" in Die Rise as well! :lol:

But in all seriousness, I think Flopper should wait- maybe Treyarch should hold off on it till DLC 3 perhaps? Instead, how would everyone like a nice return of Mule Kick? :)

Seems like everyone is thinking what I'm thinking. Flopper would be a great treat to return in Die Rise, but it would take the "rise" out of Die Rise- it's the first map with vertical elements, and to stick PhD in there would take out the "die" in Die Rise as well! :lol:

But in all seriousness, I think Flopper should wait- maybe Treyarch should hold off on it till DLC 3 perhaps? Instead, how would everyone like a nice return of Mule Kick? :)

Nah... Mule kick seems like a end-of-zombies final dlc only perk that would be on all maps... If you add it now it wont be in tranzit...

Purhaps deadshot? Or maybe a new perk, like "night owl" a perk that allows a player to see through walls to see hidden players and zombies...

Or maybe "Geo-used Juice/magma margarita" a perk that will keep you from dying in lava,

Or "program pop" A perk that helps one build faster and drink perks/take out their other gun faster...

Or Drop dead: A perk that increases the rate of drops by 1.2...

Or Slash soda, a perk that increase your knife speed and allows for knife combos...

I'm ranting here...

No disrespect to anyone...but if you can't use raygun or m/s without flopper than here's a hint...DON'T SHOOT IT CLOSE QUARTERS!! Im perfectly capable of using those guns without killing myself. And as far as the fall damage goes...the game has dead spots where when you drop off the ledge you instantly go down...not a zombie around :? ...it is what it is. again no disrespect just sayin. Some of the perks have given us too much of a handicap IMO.

I have mixed feelings about ray this time around..I love it on nuketown but hate it on tranzit. I'll gladly take the dsr with no scope over ray and m/s anyday of the week. One shot multi kill on 35+...hell yeah...BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

Happy Hunting Zombie Players. Fight For Revolution!!

You could have put that nicer... But not shooting close quarters is kind of impossible...

95% of tranzit is tightly enclosed areas, with the exception of the fog... The only two places to REALY train are the twin and tunnel for me at least, and both of which can have "surprise zombies" that spawn in the wrong place almost always at the wrong time... And I need a high power-close range weapon to use quickly, like the ray gun... And in previous maps we had a wonder weapon to use.... But now sense all we have is the crappy jet gun, no dice! It takes to long to take out and had horrible endurance, likewise it's super hard to obtain, not in actual difficulty, but rather I simply do not have the patience to recover all the parts to build it... Especially that stupid cabin peice... I go out there wonder around hugging the wall, end up there eventualy, only to have the last zombie die for no reason(some dumb@$$ likely made him a crawler over lava) and die due to denizens....then everyone else goes down...

I could have yes and I apologize to anyone who takes offense to my previous post. But the ray gun doesnt have that high of splash damage. You can easily sprint ahead of the train for a second or two , turn and shoot and take out the whole mob behind you without taking damage(from the raygun anyway) The tunnel is the best long range area to be and also the electric guy stays away, the diner is a good place as well as the town. The farm can be done as well but not that great. The power is really the only somewhat challenging area imo. And as I said the dsr upgraded is a 1hit kill on 35+(with double tap btw) if you get trapped it can save your ass just like ray used to.