Season pass question!

Zaptn.

I just bought the season pass for revolution, and (idiotically) bought it on my second account... once i've downloaded the maps on my second account, will they be playable on my main one? All of the black ops 1 map packs i bought on my main i can play on my second one aswell but i was just wondering just incase it was restricted to one account.

Will i be able to play the maps on any account i want on the same PS3 as the one i bought them on?

Any help would be appreciated! :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer DLCs between gamertags. This is because you obtained the license upon purchase of the season pass with your secondary account.

Do you mean i will only be able to play them on 1 account and not others on the same console? Or that i won't be able to let my friends download the maps off me?

• Administrators

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer DLCs between gamertags. This is because you obtained the license upon purchase of the season pass with your secondary account.

Do you mean i will only be able to play them on 1 account and not others on the same console? Or that i won't be able to let my friends download the maps off me?

Both; you won't be able to play them on your primary account most importantly.

Zaptn, on PS3, you should be able to download the maps and it be available across all the accounts you have. I think Lithium is talking about on the 360 how if you download something on one account, it's only available on that one account. I say this because on BO1, I gameshared 1/2 the dlc from a friend at the time, and let him gs the other 1/2 off of me.

Edit: I just got on my back-up account, I have NTZ (preordered hardened edition), and it let me play it on there, so on the ps3, you should be able to download the maps and use it on any of your accounts.

Yes, you can play the DLC on your PRIMARY Account if you choose to do so as long as you have the console activated for that account that bought them (Secondary) as long as you keep your second acct on the PS3 and log over to the main one you're fine man. Also about gamesharing, it's of course possible to do this *although not encouraged* but yea, my friend (for 13 years now, basically a brother) and I split the map packs, and in this case the season pass because you can share that as well so it's much easier on the bank, we both purchase alot from the PSN so to us it's fine.

P.S Just FYI in case you weren't aware it's only two accounts to share games and such I believe after 2010? before then or w/e year it is it's 5 consoles. BO1 can be shared 5 times so it's def somewhere around that time.

Little known fact ps3 users can share DLC. If you buy the season pass you can let your best friend login to your accoun on his ps3 and re download it and it will be on his Hard drive too...i have shared map packs since waw....I just blew some minds up in here!

Most of my friends don't have any DLC maps but are still fairly good. I am trying to get them to get the DLCs but they don't want to... So now I have an opportunity to let them do that for free... But isn't that, like, illegal? Or at least hifhly unethical? I don't know, man. I'll see. But i think I'll stay over here on the light side of the Schwartz.

Little known fact ps3 users can share DLC. If you buy the season pass you can let your best friend login to your accoun on his ps3 and re download it and it will be on his Hard drive too...i have shared map packs since waw....I just blew some minds up in here!

Most of my friends don't have any DLC maps but are still fairly good. I am trying to get them to get the DLCs but they don't want to... So now I have an opportunity to let them do that for free... But isn't that, like, illegal? Or at least hifhly unethical? I don't know, man. I'll see. But i think I'll stay over here on the light side of the Schwartz.

Ok as someone said earlier, you can only share DLC with ONE other PSN account. Keep that in mind when you go to share your content

• Moderators

Actually, your account can be on 5 ps3's at once. But, that is not recommended. If you do gameshare, I recommend it only being with 1 other person that you trust to not let others on the account.

They changed that from 5 to 1 a while back though.

That means if you get a new ps3 and you have shared something with more than 1 of your friends you will not be able to log in with your account.

You then have to deactivate your account from every console.

And then you can use your account on the new Playstation.

The sharing as I said pertains to certain kinds of content such as DLC and whole games. For media like movies tv shows, it's always been just you who can use it. From 2010 and onwards or around that time it's been lowered to 2 total accounts, so it is still 5 and 2 at the same time, I have 5 people activated for BO1 content and only 2 for BO2 (including myself of course)