Mc Escher!! - Rooms are upside down!!

Pride_J-A

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rooms look similar, but they are not exactly the same. When you look closely you can see the differences. My guess is that one of the rooms is collapsed upside down.

EDIT: Actually, it's the same room being taken from opposite sides, as pointed out by MrBox. It looks like the room has collapsed upside-down, which begs the question of why the Buddha Statue in the first picture is "upside-down", i.e. it's been built on the "ceiling"

There may be some other map layout tricks they do though to confuse us. For instance, you could tilt the rooms at a 45 degree angle, to create the illusion that you're walking up walls. An illusion like that would make sense in this map because they could have a building that's partially collapsed on its side.

To visualise what I'm explaining better, here's a link to a Forge map I made in Halo 3 that uses the same illusionary trick. My guess is that Die Rise might have sections that are like this:

n6KYQGzeiWA

The only thing I'm not sure about, is how well the zombie path-finding and walking animations would cope with such a layout though...

I made(or inovated) the idea of magnetic boots, a magnetic perk, and a gravity gun that effects both players and zombies...

The perk: This is least likely as it would

A: go away when you die and leave you to fall to your even more death...

B: Not be the best mechanic for changing rooms.. And it wouldn't be as helpfull on later maps... (or will it (0_o) :shock:

However it COULD be used later on to access different areas and climb walls to weapons or pack a punch or what not...

The perk would be cheep, like 1000 cheep, and be called magnetic martini, or gravity energy drink or something...

With the ability to walk on walls (not all walls just the ones allowed, like in the campaign you could crawl over curved surfaces with ziggy, here you could do the same thing, but corners are cut out so you can't walk on them, you'd need an actual curved surface up a wall! )

The boots could fallow the same mechanic, but be a buildable, and you would fall when you went down, but you would still have it when you got back up... If you got back up....

The gravity gun could effect zombies AND players, possibly permanently, and it would send players flying upwards to land on a surface near the "ground" as to not fall to the ceiling... Where as zombies could be triggered from the middle of the room and die upon impact with the "ceiling", from outside or the roof, zombies (and players) could be sent into space! Which may be valuable for the Easter egg, such as sending a part to the moon! :shock: :idea: :arrow:

On the other hand it can be incredibly dangerous to rape train with, it's not possible to use it on yourself in solo (unless it has splash damage...) but it will ruin other players games... (you noob!)... Purhaps a grenade or equipment would be of more help then a gun..

And one last idea: What if somewhere on the map there was some kind of crane or machine that could fix the room from being upside down?

I said on another thread about MC Escher's concept of infinite stairs, as seen on he movie "Inception", this is the clip I was talking about

If you've seen that 80s movie "Labyrinth" starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connely there's a part of the movie that takes place on stairs upside down, also using the same concept.

http://youtu.be/rJLnGjhPT1Q

Hope you guys enjoy !

I love both of those movies!!

That really reminds me of the scene in inception where Arthur is in the hotel dream while the van in which he is sleeping barrel-rolls down a hill. The hotel spins around several times making him walk in a full circle up the wall, ceiling, and back down to the floor. It's trippy as hell but just beautifully done.

In die rise it is likely due to a building collapsed in half, however that doesn't account for it being a seemingly intact room yet perfectly upside down... I suspect we will be seeing some inception-style trickery soon...

And let me just say I'm holding my breath. This is going to be... Words can't describe what this is going to be. Yeah. I'm pumped.

Well my theory is that these rooms in the pictures is the same room. If you look on the picture below the first one, you can see in the left corner a little bit of the buddah staue that we can see in the first picture.

Excuse me for the bad english. Im Swedish

Actually I think your right. The second picture appears to show the side of the first Buddha to the left while the first picture is viewing the Buddha from the angle of where the second picture's camera is located at.

( Not sure if anyone understood that :lol: )

I think it might be that everyone is looking way into this part of the video, but hey, I'm an open minded person so I'm not saying its not possible.

Also, just to point it out, there seems to be more than one statue in this room. If you look closely, you can see another statue to the right of the second picture statue. It's right behind the red column. These statues might have to do with the Easter Egg but that's just me thinking out loud.

What if it was just every time everybody leaves this room (or any other room like this) it changes when you re-enter it?

Or, depending on wherever you enter it from, the perspective may look normal to you, but to someone who came into the room from the other side it may look like you're walking on the ceiling?

Both of these would be pretty cool if this is what they did.

What if it was just every time everybody leaves this room (or any other room like this) it changes when you re-enter it?

Or, depending on wherever you enter it from, the perspective may look normal to you, but to someone who came into the room from the other side it may look like you're walking on the ceiling?

Both of these would be pretty cool if this is what they did.

We are on the same line of thought, I also think its related with perspective, not gravity.

IMO those meteors will lean the buildings or damage their structure thus making it possible to do the EE or to complete some steps regarding it.

Is it february already ?

Who here has played Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask? Well, if you have you might remember the Stone Tower. And if you haven't allow me to explain;

In the Stone Tower, a great deal of the puzzles required you to flip the tower's interior upside down with the press of a button. When you initially entered, you could see the boss door and multiple chests were on the ceiling and upside down.

My guess is that Die Rise will use a similar mechanic. Maybe not a button, maybe a meteor will crash into the building somehow causing the interior to flip. Perhaps certain things will only be accessible while the room is flipped.

I may be wrong, but I know for certain there is just to much focus on M.C. Escher for there not to be some kind of weird perspective or gravitational flip.

I think something will cause the room to invert, and in the process physically block the previous entrances, and allowing a different way in (upstairs window, ledge, etc). Thus you won't be able to enter the room 'upside down' technically. Quote me on that, I'm pretty sure of it.

Is that a perk cola machine??? Hard for me to tell what it is..

If it is a perk machine, maybe we have to leap off the balcony to grab the soda from the machine, similar to getting the Bowie Knife on Moon when the power/gravity is turned On.

I'm guessing the room is simply upside down, rather than going in every direction like an Escher painting. Imagine the building is like a tree that has just been chopped in half, and the top half of the stalk is hanging down barely hanging on by whatever fibers are still intact.

- Mix

Its been said that the building will be collapsing around us. If thats the case then this will alter and shift rooms. A room may be upside down the next time you go in it, if u go in after one of these collapsing events. Sounds like a cool idea will make u feel a bit lost and confused without any gimmicks. Suddenly areas that were accessible from a stair way will bow be upside down or sideways in an instant.

Who here has played Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask? Well, if you have you might remember the Stone Tower. And if you haven't allow me to explain;

In the Stone Tower, a great deal of the puzzles required you to flip the tower's interior upside down with the press of a button. When you initially entered, you could see the boss door and multiple chests were on the ceiling and upside down.

My guess is that Die Rise will use a similar mechanic. Maybe not a button, maybe a meteor will crash into the building somehow causing the interior to flip. Perhaps certain things will only be accessible while the room is flipped.

I may be wrong, but I know for certain there is just to much focus on M.C. Escher for there not to be some kind of weird perspective or gravitational flip.

Check the avatar man! >>>

Has anyone entertained the possibility that we will actually be encountering paradoxical structures, like the endless staircase? that would be a little intimidating, but I can totally see treyarch doing that to mess with our heads.

HOWEVER...

maybe a meteor will crash into the building somehow causing the interior to flip.

I don't know about that man. It will probably have some technological explanation, like gravity shifting fields (like a security system to confuse intruders?), if this is even actually true at all. If so, one other thing to mention is that from a logical standpoint, if this technology is used as a defense mechanism, it makes sense that it's designers employed it in an offensive form. Gravity gun anyone?

Has anyone entertained the possibility that we will actually be encountering paradoxical structures, like the endless staircase? that would be a little intimidating, but I can totally see treyarch doing that to mess with our heads.

HOWEVER...

maybe a meteor will crash into the building somehow causing the interior to flip.

I don't know about that man. It will probably have some technological explanation, like gravity shifting fields (like a security system to confuse intruders?), if this is even actually true at all. If so, one other thing to mention is that from a logical standpoint, if this technology is used as a defense mechanism, it makes sense that it's designers employed it in an offensive form. Gravity gun anyone?

Would the security system from colossus be reasonable? Or of any other use?

And bing! I suggested the gravity gun earlier!

And that endless staircase will bring back some bad memory's from my old Nintendo 64...

• Administrators

he also made a tower of babel painting too. and it's a high rise building too coincidence

The reason why it's a high structure is due to the intention of the humans. They wanted to reach the heavens and create a name among themselves, however, God prevented them from doing so by altering their language and separating them into different regions. But yes; it's rather interesting how we are now dealing with rather tall structures. First the pylon, now Chinese buildings. Hmm...

As for the gravity-defying portion, I don't think it'll necessarily be some sort of Wonder Weapon causing it. Rather, a switch. It could be a momentary thing such as the rooms we teleport to in Kino der Toten. They only give you a few seconds to look around, and poof - back to the entrance. Of course, we may get even longer until this "switch is turned off (maybe there's two of them)? Maybe it even has some kind of importance in completing the Die Rise "Easter Egg".

he also made a tower of babel painting too. and it's a high rise building too coincidence

The reason why it's a high structure is due to the intention of the humans. They wanted to reach the heavens and create a name among themselves, however, God prevented them from doing so by altering their language and separating them into different regions. But yes; it's rather interesting how we are now dealing with rather tall structures. First the pylon, now Chinese buildings. Hmm...

As for the gravity-defying portion, I don't think it'll necessarily be some sort of Wonder Weapon causing it. Rather, a switch. It could be a momentary thing such as the rooms we teleport to in Kino der Toten. They only give you a few seconds to look around, and poof - back to the entrance. Of course, we may get even longer until this "switch is turned off (maybe there's two of them)? Maybe it even has some kind of importance in completing the Die Rise "Easter Egg".

yes but like i said that pic i posted is his tower of babel painting so we have 2 maps with a tower of babel reference.

This whole upside down room thing is a neat concept and visually plays tricks on your eyes. I think there will be a logical explanation why the room looks like that and don't believe there will be any magical never ending staircase or changing room or anything.

To see what a room like this does to your visual conception, play the multiplayer map

Aftermath. On this map there is an area in the middle with a wrecked bus you can get into just outside a short tunnel. Above that tunnel is a path that goes up and around and has a chunk of a building as cover. When you look at the building it is a whole room that has been blown out of a bigger building with bathroom stalls on it. The stalls are above you as the room is upside down. When your eyes first get to looking at it closely it trips you out a bit. Your mind tries to logically figure out what the hell is going on lol. I think Die Rise is going to have a lot of this visual mental trickery, Mc Escher style. Pretty cool.

The Rooms ARE the same room. Look at the staircases and railings, they are both still upside down. The pictures are just taken from OPPOSITE sides of the room and at different distances. There's multiple Buddas on the map. The proof is behind the column on the right side. Plus, the debris looks like part of the map, not something that can free-roam. Same map, different Angle.

• 2 weeks later...