Russman missing!

FatedTitan

Look at that! They show all of the other characters but leave Russman almost completely out! There must be something that they're hiding from us!

Now, in all seriousness, we all know that Russman is not that important in Green Run. Maybe in the grander scheme, but not right now. But he didn't even show up in trailer for a picture of his face.

What am I trying to say? Just because Marlton didn't appear in a map pack trailer that isn't even the official zombie trailer, it doesn't mean he's disappeared or anything. He just didn't show up.

Can we please hold off on the missing Marlton threads until official trails release at least? Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why people would say this. Even though Russman's face was hidden, he was still in the trailer. Marlton isn't even shown in the trailer and in the beginning we have a clip of a very close looking zombie to him. I understand why people would believe Marlton is not going to be in Die Rise even though it's very likely he will be.

People over analyse. It's kind of annoying, really. I'm pretty sure we can confirm Marlton is alive. Why would they kill Marlton when currently Russman is the least important storywise, aside from Misty, but Misty isn't going anywhere for other reasons ;)

I don't believe Russman is 'not' important to the story line at all. His character is more than mysterious than any of the others by a lot in my opinion. And as far as this being considered a trailer or not, yes I understand that too, but from this teaser a lot has been shown already that Treyarch wants us to make absurd observations on. Like I said I understand why people think he won't be in this map, but he most likely will be.

I don't believe Russman is 'not' important to the story line at all. His character is more than mysterious than any of the others by a lot in my opinion. And as far as this being considered a trailer or not, yes I understand that too, but from this teaser a lot has been shown already that Treyarch wants us to make absurd observations on. Like I said I understand why people think he won't be in this map, but he most likely will be.

Dude, the only reason Marlton is even important is that you can hear him in Nuketown. That alone gave us reason to believe he's involved somehow. Samuel's important because he can hear the voices (but imo he's the worst out of them all). The other two are basically just there to be there. I mean, Nikolai is the least important in the original group, but he was still a good character. Same with Russman, but I highly doubt he'll have any initial importance given that he's a hobo. Either way there is 0 change that Marlton is not on the map. People did this for Takeo and some of the others god knows how many times.

So we've got a bit if a Richtofen/ Takeo being important (Richitofen because if his grand scheme and Takeo because he broke out of the brainwashing earlier) and Dempsey/ Nikolai less so. Just replace Richtofen and Takeo with Samuel and Marlton and replace Dempsey and Nikolai with Misty and Russman.

Also, whilst I do wonder why Marlton wasn't shown in the trailer (preview, trailer, whatever), I do wonder about his fate. It is curious don't you think? Even in previous map pack trailers they've shown all four characters that are present in the map, I think this is the first time that isn't the case.

So we've got a bit if a Richtofen/ Takeo being important (Richitofen because if his grand scheme and Takeo because he broke out of the brainwashing earlier) and Dempsey/ Nikolai less so. Just replace Richtofen and Takeo with Samuel and Marlton and replace Dempsey and Nikolai with Misty and Russman.

Also, whilst I do wonder why Marlton wasn't shown in the trailer (preview, trailer, whatever), I do wonder about his fate. It is curious don't you think? Even in previous map pack trailers they've shown all four characters that are present in the map, I think this is the first time that isn't the case.

This video WAS NOT THE TRAILER! This was an overall DLC overview. This =/= trailer. Now, if he's not there in the actual Die Rise trailer, I will be concerned, but I doubt Marly is gone.

I know that, hence why I said (Preview, trailer, whatever). I called it a trailer because it was the map packs trailer and the word seemed fit to use. I understand this is not the Die Rise trailer amd i'm fairly confident that Marlton will be in it, however like I said before it's odd that Marlton wasn't even in the preview when in the past every character has featured in the preview. So I was just saying, that's all.

This video WAS NOT THE TRAILER! This was an overall DLC overview. This =/= trailer. Now, if he's not there in the actual Die Rise trailer, I will be concerned, but I doubt Marly is gone.

Who gives two flying fucks whether it's a trailer or not. It's official. How do I know this? Fu**ing Reza was in it, despite the fact that he's the biggest troll on Treyarch's dev team as of late.

And don't hold your breath on an "official trailer". Kino didn't get a trailer till E3, Accention, CotD, and moon didn't get trailers. Although moon got a "DLC Overview".

And the last 6 CoD titles before Black Ops 2 didn't get an "official announcment till E3 or till the trailers started droping in October.

My point: Treyarch isn't very official with things, and that people who feel the need to scream in all caps over whether the video is an "overview" or a "trailer" are just wasting breath as nobody cares.

I'm not saying Die Riese won't get a trailer, it's just unlikely.

-facepalm-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BB1uMseSWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Cx82OF ... 5&index=11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z34RTO2B ... 25&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k8V7fF7 ... 25&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXH381x4 ... 25&index=2

I'm not saying they're the best trailers, and I don't know if we can classify Moon's as a trailer, but the others definitely got trailers and they normally came out a week before the map pack released.

Look at that! They show all of the other characters but leave Russman almost completely out! There must be something that they're hiding from us!

Now, in all seriousness, we all know that Russman is not that important in Green Run. Maybe in the grander scheme, but not right now. But he didn't even show up in trailer for a picture of his face.

What am I trying to say? Just because Marlton didn't appear in a map pack trailer that isn't even the official zombie trailer, it doesn't mean he's disappeared or anything. He just didn't show up.

Can we please hold off on the missing Marlton threads until official trails release at least? Thanks.

I din't wanna sound like a dick or anything here, but actually thinking about it this doesn't make any sense. You claim quite clearly that Russman isn't in the trailer much (which is wrong, he's in it quite often) and then tell people to not talk about Marlton not being in the trailer because it's not official. Also, don't you think it's a little early to tell which characters are going to be important and which ones aren't? It wasn't until Moon we found out Richtofen was the true antagonist all along, you didn't see people after Shi-No Numa was released saying "You watch, that Richtofen's gonna take control of the zombies someday". Again, don't want to sound like a dick (although I shall admit it it does sound dickier than I inteneded), i'm just saying.

-facepalm-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BB1uMseSWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Cx82OF ... 5&index=11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z34RTO2B ... 25&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k8V7fF7 ... 25&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXH381x4 ... 25&index=2

I'm not saying they're the best trailers, and I don't know if we can classify Moon's as a trailer, but the others definitely got trailers and they normally came out a week before the map pack released.

I can't watch youtube at the moment, but I'm going to say that those videos are trailers for a couple of the maps I stated.

You win this round Titan :lol:

but still I don't nesecarily think this whole " *insert character* is missing from the trailer, that character might not be in the game" thing is no big deal.

Come the 29th, we'll know.

I don't know guys, back in October when we got the tranzit preview I thought it was obvious that we were going to be playing as zombies. I mean, we didn't see any players at all! :mrgreen:

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

I don't know guys, back in October when we got the tranzit preview I thought it was obvious that we were going to be playing as zombies. I mean, we didn't see any players at all! :mrgreen:

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

Well, we are getting Turned now :D

Well, we are getting Turned now :D

Lol true, I didn't think of that. But you get my point.

Were you around here when the trailer for TranZit released? People didn't know who the fourth character was. We had little snapshots, but nothing clear like the others. People made a big deal about it.

They made too big of a deal out of it then, too. If we come to find out that Marlton got bumped off and replaced with takeo I'll take it all back, but for now I believe that this is the same kind of over-analyzing as before launch of BOII.

Were you around here when the trailer for TranZit released? People didn't know who the fourth character was. We had little snapshots, but nothing clear like the others. People made a big deal about it.

If this was directed towards me, I lurked the forums then, never posted, but yes, I was here. I made a HUGE deal about it to my friends, but only because of the fact he was clearly there, but his face was never shown. Plus the fact they weren't the O4.... But I'm over that now.

And yes, Electric, I got your point, I just felt like that needed to go there ;D

What I'm getting at is two things:

1. This isn't a trailer for Die Rise. It's a map pack preview. People need to wait until the official trailer before freaking out because next thing you know we'll have a twenty page thread about no Marlton then he'll appear in the Official Die Rise trailer and it'll be all for naught.

2. People have overreacted to the absense or secretiveness of a character before, but they didn't turn out to be of any known importance in the map. Do any of you have a good reason why Russman would have had his face hidden for the entire trailer? Exactly. There's not a good reason. It just happened. And if Russman turns out to be significant, which he very well could, then there was still no need to hide his face in this trailer because there was no hidden significance to him in Green Run. I hope that this is understandable. It's more or less just me typing what I'm thinking.

Oh yeah, I remember then. People flipped out when Samuel only made, like 2 appearances in the Green Run trailer, and in both he had his back turned to the camera. Those silly people, turns out he had no importance at all.

You know, besides being a huge part of the easter egg on Rictofen's side of the easter egg.

*return-facepalm*

Oh yeah, I remember then. People flipped out when Samuel only made, like 2 appearances in the Green Run trailer, and in both he had his back turned to the camera. Those silly people, turns out he had no importance at all.

You know, besides being a huge part of the easter egg on Rictofen's side of the easter egg.

*return-facepalm*

Here's who I was quoting, dumbass. Not you, him, who talked about when Samuel made no facial appearances in the TranZit trailer. Not you and your 'lack of Russman' theory, HIM. So get YOUR crap right if you're gonna make me look dumb, asshole.