Who is evil?

So it's believed that Richtofen is the evil scientist here and that he is the one who wants to do awful things. And while all indications point to this, what about Maxis?

I don't believe Maxis' intentions are anywhere near his "to save mankind" self that he portrays. He did send the rockets to the earth. Whether his calculations were off or not, he did it. And if you remember, that was a pretty evil laugh he gave after sending those rockets.

But what most makes me think that Maxis may be the more evil one here is the crazy man audio in Green Run. He starts rambling like a mad man about how "we know the truth" and that "you mean to destroy this planet and kill us all!" This is what really pointed me to it though. "So yeah. Keep talking. No ones gonna hear you cuz we destroyed everything. Everything electronic starting with that evil radio box thing." Now electronics? Maxis talks through electronics! Could he be referring to Maxis as having intentions to destroy the planet?

Opinions?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am neutral.

Richtofen: what more can he want? it will be interesting seeing what he wants now that he is an "ALL POWERFUL OMNIPOTENT BEING!" (one of his quotes :P )

Maxis: Doesn't reveal his plan but he wants us to trust him? I mean cmon. I would have better chances walking through the lava pits barefoot while blind then to let this guy lead. However, revenge will be his when Rictofen is destroyed and for that to happen he help stop the zombies....or does he?

The suspense continues in Die Rise......

I'd say Maxis is a man bent on revenge. And he will do anything to get on revenge on Richtofen, no matter the costs.

The description for Big Bang Theory even states: "Get sweet, sweet revenge". I would say the revenge for Maxis, since none of this is any good for the O4. Even Richtofen supposedly doesn't gain any benefit from it, according to Maxis it's meant to minimize his damage. In ToB, Richtofen says he wants to 'restore the world' or something similar, which he wouldn't have to do if it wasn't for Maxis.

We know Richtofen is sadistic and bad, who just taunts and plays games with people. Maxis is more confusing, since his character is harder to judge since we have only ever heard him in radios and more recently actually talking to us. I'm undecided on Maxis' agenda, but I don't think he's what he claims to be.

I think Maxis is a good guy. Maxis has shown that he means well. Now we don't know as much about him as the other characters, but his intentions thus far have been good.

"We were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it!"

The only thing is that we don't know what exactly his plan is. We don't know Richtofen's either, but we know Richtofen's goal, but that is just because we know Richtofen better. If you hung out with the villain a lot in any scenario, you would know his plan more than the hero's.

I assume Maxis is a good guy. He'll only be evil if he turns 180 degrees in that direction. And when it boils down to it, isn't that a quality that can befit us all?

• Administrators

Rissole and MMX, you guys hit it spot on. From the beginning, we always recognized Richtofen as a rather sadistic yet somewhat "good will" person. We acknowledged that his mind was not in the right place. Slowly and surely, we began to see that he desired power more than anything as the maps came to us. Once Moon hit, his true disposition was revealed and we felt betrayed (but alas, knew that it was bound to happen).

In the same instance, we always saw Maxis as the protagonist between the two. Just as MMX quoted, his purpose was to intentionally better mankind in some way. Did he also have a different agenda in the background? Yes, however, it did not become some obtuse fragment that would hinder his ability to set a good or evil personality. What happen on Moon distorted what we thought of Maxis. Rissole pointed out that he still nuked the hell out of Earth. Of course, this was solely to lessen the damage that Richtofen would commit as there was no other immediate way. Somewhere inside of him, Maxis desires revenge at the same rate Richtofen desires more power. This is why there seems to be a race for control. We don't know exactly what Maxis will do once he is in control besides kick Richtofen to the curb, however, we have no other choice if we want to restore mankind. The question is, what does Maxis intend to do: repair the Earth, or seek final revenge?

He'll only be evil if he turns 180 degrees in that direction. And when it boils down to it, isn't that a quality that can befit us all?

I have to fully agree on this.

Don't get me wrong. I never thought of Maxis as the evil one in the scenario until I heard that last quote about destroying everything electronic. I'm not saying that there aren't things that show Maxis' humanity, but there are also things that show Richtofen's humanity. Remember that when Maxis signed the deal with the Nazi party, Richtofen was against it.

That last quote I mentioned just really screams that Maxis' intentions are not so good. They are evil as well.

In all honesty I believe Richtofen wants good but he is bipolar. He has the sadistic nature and past.

But Group 935's intentions were to improve human condition. Why would Richtofen join such a organization.

In Der Riese radios you can hear he is actually extremely shocked about what happened to the test subjects. When he encountered with Vril Ya who are evil they got Richtofen's mind in controll and his sadistic nature started to take a rise.

But I'm sure Richtofen in his mind is trying to fight against the Vril ya and make everything right.

Maxis is an evil Nazi scientis who wanted to push forward human test even though people died. And he wanted to create is army of undead at all cost. Others including Richtofen didn't agree with him and founded Griffin Station.

Quite frankly, I think that Richtofen is just crazy.

Maxis........I don't know. We barely know the guy. We can't judge him yet.

Plus, I think there is a deeper evil lurking in the background. Remember that quote from Samantha in Moon:

"The blackness will swallow your pride! Something more terrible than you lies here!

Don't get me wrong. I never thought of Maxis as the evil one in the scenario until I heard that last quote about destroying everything electronic. I'm not saying that there aren't things that show Maxis' humanity, but there are also things that show Richtofen's humanity. Remember that when Maxis signed the deal with the Nazi party, Richtofen was against it.

That last quote I mentioned just really screams that Maxis' intentions are not so good. They are evil as well.

All the recording shows is that someone went crazy due to Maxis. We don't know Maxis's intention behind that. In fact, Maxis wasn't even there at the time of that recording. I'm not surprised that that man went crazy because they had a CIVIL WAR going on between these two VOICES. That would drive a lot of people crazy.

Yes but normally we equate destroying the planet with Richtofen, but this man is talking about Maxis! Sure, he's crazy. As you stated, anyone would go crazy with two voices in your head fighting for supremacy. But then why did he say that no one could hear him because he destroyed everything electronic? In fact, let's go even deeper!

:31

Let's say that we have established that the man that goes crazy is talking about Maxis since he wants to destroy everything electronic so he won't hear him. But if we listen to this, Maxis wants him to kill somebody. So Maxis wants to kill a man? For what purpose? Can we assume that we are going to kill someone off at one point for these two men's plans?

I'm just trying to say that Maxis isn't the man he claims to be in this quote at 1:10.

Group 935 - "To Improve the Human Condition"

Hang on, let's not forget that Maxis was creating an Army of Undead for the benefit of the Third Reich who's goal was to control the world population. To me, that is quite evil.

Just because Group 935's 'Mission Statement', is to 'Improve the Human Condition' does not necessarily imply 'for the good of all people'? Any extremist mind can devote themselves to a goal which they truly believe is optimal for their certain agendas.

As the story unfolded, we learnt that Richtofen wasnt really as 'dumb & naive' as we we're lead to believe in those first few Der Riese radios, he was more 'playing dumb' so that Maxis would not realise what he was up to.

Maxis knew a lot more about Richtofen's plan than what he hints at possibly through the workings of Groph. I think that Richtofen & Schuster were a team & Maxis found out their happenings through Groph. That is why I believe Maxis tells Samantha to "Kill them all" as he knows Richtofen has the tools to 'swap souls' then proceeded to shoot himself in front of the Vril Pyramid to gain acces to the Æther to have some type of influence of control.

Dr. Schuster: Greetings, Dr. Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Schuster! I should’ve known. Where is that rat Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tunnel?

Dr. Groph: None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in.

*Static*

"Allow me to fill you in" - That to me seems like Groph was giving Maxis alot of information.

Groph - "We're Doomed" He knew that both parties are evil and Maxis would retaliate with revenge on Richtofen.

Maxis - (when the 3 missiles are launched from Griffin Station) "this will sever Richtofen's link with earth"

Yeah & Maxis just created what he was trying to do all along, an 'Undead Army'

Who knows what his 'end game' is? Apart from acting out revenge on Richtofen?

I'm probably completely wrong but this is what I have always got from the audio quotes? I just want some answers!

I'd say Maxis is a man bent on revenge. And he will do anything to get on revenge on Richtofen, no matter the costs.

The description for Big Bang Theory even states: "Get sweet, sweet revenge"..

Maxis - "We were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it!"

So both statements contradict each other (I don't mean you two are, just the in-game statement) and we end up full circle back to the question FatedTitan originally asked?

There is nothing that even points to "killing someone". You can theorize that if you want, but that is just theory.

PINNAZ, Maxis is heavily implied to have held the DG-2 back from production simply so their devastation wouldn't ever see the battlefield. The same could be said for Zombies. He said himself that the Armeeuntoten was hopeless. As for the rest of that, that seems very far fetched. I'd dispute it, but the dispute is basically that that all seems like conjecture, not really based on facts.

It is complete conjecture MMX. It's just my interpretation of the events & trying to read between the lines as I believe there are major plot twist developing.

To me a 'story' is like art, it can be interpreted many different ways. A storyteller can give you exact words & paragraphs so you are lead to believe that is what has happened, but can then twist the plot by giving further information at a later time.

Anywho, sorry to go off topic.

Samantha is the only 'Good Guy' - Everyone else are Killers!

I think Maxis is a good guy. Maxis has shown that he means well. Now we don't know as much about him as the other characters, but his intentions thus far have been good.

"We were supposed to help the human condition, not destroy it!"

The only thing is that we don't know what exactly his plan is. We don't know Richtofen's either, but we know Richtofen's goal, but that is just because we know Richtofen better. If you hung out with the villain a lot in any scenario, you would know his plan more than the hero's.

I assume Maxis is a good guy. He'll only be evil if he turns 180 degrees in that direction. And when it boils down to it, isn't that a quality that can befit us all?

+1. Exactly how I feel about it.

MMX, the same man is heard in three different quotes. I'm not talking about the quote where he sounds insane. I'm talking about the first one where he hears a voice in his head. The one that ends with "for you and the flesh!" The man definitely questions the voice saying "Kill one? Oh no I could never do that." But then he says he'll do it a few seconds later. This is the same man who screams about destroying everything electronic, which implies that Maxis is the one talking to him!

MMX, the same man is heard in three different quotes. I'm not talking about the quote where he sounds insane. I'm talking about the first one where he hears a voice in his head. The one that ends with "for you and the flesh!" The man definitely questions the voice saying "Kill one? Oh no I could never do that." But then he says he'll do it a few seconds later. This is the same man who screams about destroying everything electronic, which implies that Maxis is the one talking to him!

They are not the same man. Each recording is by a different man. This is what details the civil war. 2 are about Maxis, 2 are about Richtofen. 1 is Maxis, 1 is neutral.

So instead of firing 3 doomsday rockets at the Earth to "stop" Richthofen, why didn't he just use the rockets to destroy Richthofen and the pyramid?

Because he is an all-powerful omnipotent being, and maxis doesn't know whether he or the MPD would even be damaged.

Bear in mind, people, that both claim that the other is trying to destroy the earth. I don't know what to make of that, because they could both possibly be lying, bug there's no telling as of now.

Good question, perhaps they simply were not programmed to hit the moon. This was Richthofens moon base right? It's possible Richthofen had them aimed at earth as a fail safe incase his master plan didn't work. Also Samantha was still there, but in Richthofens mortal body.

So even if I am wrong the answer would be not to destroy his daughter. That also may explain his motive, remember he wanted to better mankind BEFORE his daughter was taken, that would change any man.