Were We Wrong?

Not to say it's happened but mathemagically if its possible to go forward in time it would be possible to go back in time as well right?

All timelines exist at the same time correct? Just different things are happening in each. So going back in one timeline may not necessarily be going back in another. May look it to us but in a different timeline it could technically be in the future.

Whoa I'm dizzy.. *sits back down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always considered the campaigns for WaW and Black Ops to run canonically side-by-side with the zombies plot, mainly because of all the overlap in them; watch the WMD cutscene, and you'll see a clip of Stiener experimenting with Nova 6: this same footage can be seen in the tapes at Kino Der Toten. X-rays of the Gas Zombies can be seen in Project Nova, and the intel for WMD even mentions Der Riese.

That's another reason why I've considered Black Ops II Zombies to take place in 2025, obviously sometime after the campaign. While the whole "alternate timeline" theory may be true, the mentioning of the HAARP Research Station is hardcore evidence we are sometime passed the 60s. Multiplayer in BOII also links to Zombies (I'm sure we've all seen the "zombies are coming" sticky notes), not to mention that Marlton displays knowledge of 2020s-era weapons.

I'll contradict myself here from what I said previously regarding in game facts determining timelines.

What you said Brett about the WaW & BO1 campaign & zombies following each other is what I believe as well but the mentioning of HAARP was first discovered in Shi No Numa, so there is definately discrepincies between real life events & the zombies timeline.

Most of the locations in which the Bus Driver mentions are all very modern, but I don't think they have any revelance to anything apart from the underlying theme of Secret Military Complexes, The Nuclear Age & Disasters.

I was only just re-reading the BO1 campaign intel yesterday so I know what you mean about the Der Riese massacre & Dr Steiner.

I'm sure I watched a video prior to the release of BO2 were one of the Devs said that the BO2 zombie story does not coincide with the campaign being set in 2025. I just can't remember what video it was? I'll try to find it.

I like how this threads first 6 posts were 2 or 3 lines, the timeline is a lot more complicated than a brief statement. This thread is getting to far off topic, Die Rise might not be the best discussion forum for this.

I'll contradict myself here from what I said previously regarding in game facts determining timelines.

What you said Brett about the WaW & BO1 campaign & zombies following each other is what I believe as well but the mentioning of HAARP was first discovered in Shi No Numa, so there is definately discrepincies between real life events & the zombies timeline.

Most of the locations in which the Bus Driver mentions are all very modern, but I don't think they have any revelance to anything apart from the underlying theme of Secret Military Complexes, The Nuclear Age & Disasters.

I was only just re-reading the BO1 campaign intel yesterday so I know what you mean about the Der Riese massacre & Dr Steiner.

I'm sure I watched a video prior to the release of BO2 were one of the Devs said that the BO2 zombie story does not coincide with the campaign being set in 2025. I just can't remember what video it was? I'll try to find it.

I like how this threads first 6 posts were 2 or 3 lines, the timeline is a lot more complicated than a brief statement. This thread is getting to far off topic, Die Rise might not be the best discussion forum for this.

But it's a pretty good discussion we've got going on: hopefully by the end of this we can sort out the whole timeline. You may be right about HAARP, but Marlton's knowledge of technology that appears in at least 2020 the earliest is the sole evidence that I have confidence we're in 2025. Also, the soldier zombie models for Die Rise resemble 2025 SDC uniforms, which is selling me on a futuristic age.

I hope you can find the video, it would be nice to have clearance on that. What say you? :)

I think the alternate timeline theory did take place. I always thought that moon took place with five or shorlty after, no more than a few months. Defanitly the same year. And nuketown zombies same time as moon. With green run being shortly after. it is possible that we have traveled to an alternate timeline for 'die rise' where the zombies did not occur untill much later, considering we have done it before in call of the dead shows that it may be possible. I also think that when richtofin says he's been looking for decades is from the original maps from world at war, as world war 2 to the cold war is from the forties to sixties is twenty years. I also think that the order the maps have been released is in chronological order, atleast for the time relevent plot, because they do seem to change between alternate time lines. Anything is possible untill we get to the end of the zombie story line, which I think wont be for a while to come.

I think the alternate timeline theory did take place. I always thought that moon took place with five or shorlty after, no more than a few months. Defanitly the same year. And nuketown zombies same time as moon. With green run being shortly after. it is possible that we have traveled to an alternate timeline for 'die rise' where the zombies did not occur untill much later, considering we have done it before in call of the dead shows that it may be possible. I also think that when richtofin says he's been looking for decades is from the original maps from world at war, as world war 2 to the cold war is from the forties to sixties is twenty years. I also think that the order the maps have been released is in chronological order, atleast for the time relevent plot, because they do seem to change between alternate time lines. Anything is possible untill we get to the end of the zombie story line, which I think wont be for a while to come.

Actually, Maxis made the quote about searching for decades, but that's beside the point. I could see Die Rise being in an alternate time-line, but it isn't my favorite theory. It would explain the modern skyscrapers/buildings though.

Richtofen has quotes in blops 1 that point to him being in some of the maps before the O4 showed up. (in other words he warped there did what he did and then left only to return with the O4) I get the feeling in Shangri la for example Richtofen was some kind of deity or god to the locals at some point (prolly cuz he just poofed out of thin air by teleporting and had the rod ie: all 8 perks)he hid the rod and warped back to where ever. Then when he needed the rod again for the thing on moon he took the O4 to go get it. He also shows in the COTD EE that he's been there before because he tells the actors the steps to follow from inside the locked room. How would he know what was outside the door if he only teleported in and out of that locked room during the lapse of the EE. He was there before.

Whats my point? I dunno if I have one but when talking timeline I don't recall hearing anyone make this point (I could be wrong, don't shoot!) Is it possible Richtofen has been to Green Run before? Long ago before everything went down? Has anyone done a Richtofen specific timeline before? I'd be interested in seeing if if they have.

Richtofen was a Nazi. Call of the Dead took place in Eagle's Nest, where Richtofen's station was. Richtofen during World War II traveled around 935's stations from Der Riese to Kino der Toten to Eagle's Nest to Shi No Numa to Shangri-La and even to Griffin Station. Yes, Richtofen was thought of as a god by the Shangri-La locals. And he used that advantage to make them his labor force. He didn't have the "golden rod" at the time though. And it is unlikely that a Nazi would have been in the United States during World War II...

Actually, Maxis made the quote about searching for decades, but that's beside the point. I could see Die Rise being in an alternate time-line, but it isn't my favorite theory. It would explain the modern skyscrapers/buildings though.

Oh, thanks. I don't have world at war or the original black ops and honestly, im not that good at zombies. My highest round was in the mid to high thirties on kino and I never played the other maps cause I could never get them, plus, I haven't done the easter egg in green run yet, because I can't get online and my friends aren't that good honestly. So thank you for correcting me.