Were We Wrong?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know that Nuketown takes place simultaneously with Moon, and I think Richtofen's "getting used to the Aether" quote implies that Green Run occurs shortly after. The zombies in Die Rise have blue eyes, so I think it will take place after Green Run.

Maxis has a quote about "searching for decades," which as far as I know hasn't been heard in-game yet. I would assume this is decades after we sent the nukes to earth. The same goes for the "nothing to see here, such a lovely place" line. If I were to take a guess, I'd say at some point we'll be in Green Run again, in a different, possibly pre-nuked state. Unfortunately none of this tells us where on the timeline of human history all of this falls.

I think Green Run takes place decades after the nukes hit and Maxis and Rictofen were having a war for that whole time.

Well like I said, Richtofen says he's just getting used to the Aether in Green Run, so you're wrong.

Marlton is about 35 in Green Run, would you say? So decades earlier when the nukes hit, you think he's in the Nuketown bunker at 5, 10, 15 years old?

That's not necessarily true. He says he's still getting use to the Aether, not that he's just now getting use to it. It wouldn't be possible for Green Run to happen so soon after the nukes hit because even 2-5 years, there would still be a significant amount of fallout, chaos, and zombies.

The Crew wouldn't be able to survive that. That is why I'm saying they stayed hunkered down somewhere and decades later emerged to survive the aftermath. Marlton could be in his late 40s for all we know.

You don't know, Die Rise takes place in a different continent than Tranzit, but it uses the characters from Tranzit, it could take them a while to get there.

Sorry but Tranzit is not a location. It's a game mode. All black ops 2 maps go Map Name/location/game mode

Whether it's a game mode or a map, you're still avoiding the gaping hole he just poked in your theory.

Also, not all maps have been released in the order they happened. So, for instance, Green Run and Die Rise can be years apart, but can come out back-to-back. While a map explaining what happened in between the maps could be released at a latter date.

For example, we still don't no how the orriginal 4 made it to Area 51.

Zombies is not extremely simple. It takes logic. (maybe Treyarch might in the future have a simple explination for the story that makes us slap our foreheads. But there's a difference between twist endings and pulling tall-tale stories out of your ass and calling it "simple")

Oh, how I miss the Asylum.

That's not necessarily true. He says he's still getting use to the Aether, not that he's just now getting use to it. It wouldn't be possible for Green Run to happen so soon after the nukes hit because even 2-5 years, there would still be a significant amount of fallout, chaos, and zombies.

The Crew wouldn't be able to survive that. That is why I'm saying they stayed hunkered down somewhere and decades later emerged to survive the aftermath. Marlton could be in his late 40s for all we know.

Just so you know, a city can become inhabitable after a nuclear attack in a month. Aside from that, I would say that there IS a significant amount of fallout, chaos, and zombies in Green Run.

I don't see why everyone wants to complicate the timeline basis....

I see it very simple like:

I consider this strike one in your theory/idea.Treyarch's stories have never been simple. If you take it all as simple then you'll probably end up with holes in your theory.

Moon takes place in the 201:0-5 era, alongside nuketown... During which marelton is hiding in a bunker, misty is doing something... Safe from the explosions... Russman is protected some how (maybe he worked for a test subject for aperture ?)

Why the 2010-2015 era, it seems to make more sense if it is setup in the 80's. But the 2010 era could probably work. And what is Aperature?

And if I had to guess, Samule was seeking around the white house at the time of the explosions... And when the president was informed of the missiles, if he was informed, Samule managed to hitch a ride in the president's bomb shelter with some CDC and CIA agents (explaining why they exist), or purhaps he was inside the shelter when the bombs went off and everyone else died... Good... I personally don't want to play as Brock Obama fighting zombies... No offense, let's not turn this into a political debate....

Wait, what? Samuel in the White House? How did you come up with that, just because he's a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean he works in Washington.

Then the bombs hit and the four are left appart, then somebody, (russman?) finds the bus and begins his tour across country with TEDD, eventualy picking up marelton at nuketown and misty and russman as well...

:?: :?: ????? That's a little far fetched.

Then the events of tranzit takes place, possibly a few weeks, possibly a few months, maybe even a year, after the nukes hit... From there they are introduced to the zombonic anouncer, richtofen, and the Super A.I. Maxis, whom they must choose a side to team up with...

Somehow they manage to reach china wether it be by teleportation, by bus across a molten sea, OR purhaps... Richtofen's quote of "healing the earth" has ACTUALY begun to recreate life, and make the seas cross able by ahem... HELICOPTER Which given could have been cross able anyways... But I guess the earth being healed could have caused something...

If it seems that I have misunderunderstood something you posted, feel free to explain it to me. :D

(I don't mean to be mean up there ^, but I must poke holes, or I wouldn't be a theorist. :D )

Strike 1? Keyword: HOW IIIIII SEE IT!, me, not you,

2 because COTD wouldn't happen in 1980s... And cotd doesn't happen after moon, also apparature-look up a very famous game called portal...

3: it's a theory, it's likely no where need correct....

4:.... And yes thanks for the apology... Not all theorist are mean either btw.... I've made countless theory's here...

I don't see why everyone wants to complicate the timeline basis....

I see it very simple like:

I consider this strike one in your theory/idea.Treyarch's stories have never been simple. If you take it all as simple then you'll probably end up with holes in your theory.

Moon takes place in the 201:0-5 era, alongside nuketown... During which marelton is hiding in a bunker, misty is doing something... Safe from the explosions... Russman is protected some how (maybe he worked for a test subject for aperture ?)

Why the 2010-2015 era, it seems to make more sense if it is setup in the 80's. But the 2010 era could probably work. And what is Aperature?

And if I had to guess, Samule was seeking around the white house at the time of the explosions... And when the president was informed of the missiles, if he was informed, Samule managed to hitch a ride in the president's bomb shelter with some CDC and CIA agents (explaining why they exist), or purhaps he was inside the shelter when the bombs went off and everyone else died... Good... I personally don't want to play as Brock Obama fighting zombies... No offense, let's not turn this into a political debate....

Wait, what? Samuel in the White House? How did you come up with that, just because he's a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean he works in Washington.

Then the bombs hit and the four are left appart, then somebody, (russman?) finds the bus and begins his tour across country with TEDD, eventualy picking up marelton at nuketown and misty and russman as well...

:?: :?: ????? That's a little far fetched.

Then the events of tranzit takes place, possibly a few weeks, possibly a few months, maybe even a year, after the nukes hit... From there they are introduced to the zombonic anouncer, richtofen, and the Super A.I. Maxis, whom they must choose a side to team up with...

Somehow they manage to reach china wether it be by teleportation, by bus across a molten sea, OR purhaps... Richtofen's quote of "healing the earth" has ACTUALY begun to recreate life, and make the seas cross able by ahem... HELICOPTER Which given could have been cross able anyways... But I guess the earth being healed could have caused something...

If it seems that I have misunderunderstood something you posted, feel free to explain it to me. :D

(I don't mean to be mean up there ^, but I must poke holes, or I wouldn't be a theorist. :D )

Strike 1? Keyword: HOW IIIIII SEE IT!, me, not you,

2 because COTD wouldn't happen in 1980s... And cotd doesn't happen after moon, also apparature-look up a very famous game called portal...

3: it's a theory, it's likely no where need correct....

4:.... And yes thanks for the apology... Not all theorist are mean either btw.... I've made countless theory's here...

If Aperature is from Portal (the one with GlaDos, right?) then I find it hard to believe that it'll make it into Zombies. They're just two different games.

And I can see how you might see it as simple, but it isn't like a small child could follow the storyline, it does take thinking, and also, I was kidding about the "strike one" thing, notice how I don't use it after that point.

On the CotD thing, I belive the theory of alternate timelines comes into play here. Considering how many times we've time traveled in the game, we're bound to have made a paradox by now, but we haven't. Because the theory of alternate timelines states that when one goes back in time and changes something, a new timeline forms. In one timeline, there's the altered future, and in another timeline, there's the original future. Which would explain how CotD could happen in the 2010-2015 area, and Moon could take place in the 60's.

I know all theorist aren't mean, I've been a theorist for awhile now, it's not my first day on the job, but some people get offended when I poke holes.

Also, a theory is an idead backed with proof, so if your idead about Samuel in the White House and Russman in Aperature has no proof to back it up, it's not a theory.

Also, ALL CAPS are not nessicary, it makes it seem as if you're screaming at me.

Oh my g.... It's sarcasm... Valve has nothing to do with trayarch or zombies... Samuel in the whitehouse is just an idea, and a theory isn't backed up by proof, it's something that can't be proven wrong... And given the amount of damage, id say only gov. Facility's are the only thing's strong enough to withstand the blast....

And no the story line is not fathomable to a child, but it's not that complicated either, it's all the theory's and suggestions going around that makes everyone "think" it's complicated...

I don't appreciate being compared to a child either...

I'm not sure if your trying to troll me or if your just being close minded...

Oh my g.... It's sarcasm... Valve has nothing to do with trayarch or zombies... Samuel in the whitehouse is just an idea, and a theory isn't backed up by proof, it's something that can't be proven wrong... And given the amount of damage, id say only gov. Facility's are the only thing's strong enough to withstand the blast....

And no the story line is not fathomable to a child, but it's not that complicated either, it's all the theory's and suggestions going around that makes everyone "think" it's complicated...

I don't appreciate being compared to a child either...

I'm not sure if your trying to troll me or if your just being close minded...

I didn't call you a child, did I?

*Re-reads his previous post*

Not that I'm aware of.

I didn't know you were being sarcastic, it seemed as if you genuinley believed Aperature was linked to the story somehow.

Your defenition of a theory is awfully close to my own.

I'm not trying to troll you, I'm just finding some of your points confusing. Like, in your first post, when you said Samuel was in the goverment. It seemed like you were stating it as a fact. Like you had proof it was true. But, in reality, you were just speculating an idead, and I misunderstood you.

If anyones seems closed minded, I'd say you. Saying that all the theories and suggestions on this site are "over-complicated" and untrue.

I never said you called me a child, I said you compaired me (as my reasoning) to that of a child's...

And beleive me... I am NOT close minded... :lol: You should see the amount of map-predictions ive posted on this sight, from wingsuits, to the HARRP, to a storyline for a full fledged zombie game campaign...

And I'm not saying their untrue... But given that 90% of what has been given to us from the mouth of trayarch isn't as complicated and paradoxed as whats being said, I HIGHLY doubt they are correct...

In the trailer for Die Riese the buildings looked modern. Were we wrong about the timeline was Moon actually set in the future perhaps?

I, in doubt believe that the Moon Map was set during the 60's. Our story timeline roughly resembles history, in a weird Zombiefied way. The maps from World at War obviously occured through the 1940's (end of WW2).

Black Ops featured the maps 'Five' & 'Ascension' which was primarily highlighting the 'Space Race' between America & the Soviet's (Russia). Nuclear Atomic Testing was strong through the 1960's aswell (Nuketown).

Moon & Nuketown occur at the same time, so I highly doubt that America is testing nuclear detonations in the present or future time. Look at the props for Nuketown & Green Run, classic 1960's. The Missiles from moon were launched, and it stopped industrial development as the population was pretty much Zombiefied.

Sure the Power Room & Pap rooms look highly advanced, but that will only be explained as the story develops and we find out about secret organisations that were involved.

This is why i believe that Moon occured during the 1960's

Green Run & Die Rise time? We will only find out soon, hopefully.

I never said you called me a child, I said you compaired me (as my reasoning) to that of a child's...

And beleive me... I am NOT close minded... :lol: You should see the amount of map-predictions ive posted on this sight, from wingsuits, to the HARRP, to a storyline for a full fledged zombie game campaign...

And I'm not saying their untrue... But given that 90% of what has been given to us from the mouth of trayarch isn't as complicated and paradoxed as whats being said, I HIGHLY doubt they are correct...

There is a lot of off-the-wall speculation.

Good to see your post Pinnaz, it was interesting.

In the trailer for Die Riese the buildings looked modern. Were we wrong about the timeline was Moon actually set in the future perhaps?

I, in doubt believe that the Moon Map was set during the 60's. Our story timeline roughly resembles history, in a weird Zombiefied way. The maps from World at War obviously occured through the 1940's (end of WW2).

Black Ops featured the maps 'Five' & 'Ascension' which was primarily highlighting the 'Space Race' between America & the Soviet's (Russia). Nuclear Atomic Testing was strong through the 1960's aswell (Nuketown).

Moon & Nuketown occur at the same time, so I highly doubt that America is testing nuclear detonations in the present or future time. Look at the props for Nuketown & Green Run, classic 1960's. The Missiles from moon were launched, and it stopped industrial development as the population was pretty much Zombiefied.

Sure the Power Room & Pap rooms look highly advanced, but that will only be explained as the story develops and we find out about secret organisations that were involved.

This is why i believe that Moon occured during the 1960's

Green Run & Die Rise time? We will only find out soon, hopefully.

ok 3 main deposits 3 missles

we all no that shi no numa had a large deposit where a rocket hit

we all no that a rocket hit nuketown (where is da 115 easter egg maybe?)

we all no that a rocket hit near or at green run ( where be da 115)

so what im sayin is that all the other maps should be hit and clean(ish) like Ascension

so im guessin in my guess that 1 map will have half hit half not and the rest will be nice

as we all no of the word:

F

E

A

R

now we need to look at the next like also

RUSS can fit RENT can fit (joke :D) RTRN

We all.... no?!

Where.... be da!?

Learn to spell...

But lets get to the point... a rocket never hit nuketown, nuketown is located next to Sedan crater in Area 51 in U.S.A Sedan crater is know as the largest man made crater in the Northen America, possibly even the whole world. And no rocket hit nuketown it would be completely gone, just its small meteors hitting it. Also with green run, if a rocket hit it it would be completly gone... Its just small meteors slowly destroying the place. So you are completely wrong with that.

And also i did not understand what are you trying to say at all :P Just tried to tell you that.

We all.... no?!

Where.... be da!?

Learn to spell...

But lets get to the point... a rocket never hit nuketown, nuketown is located next to Sedan crater in Area 51 in U.S.A Sedan crater is know as the largest man made crater in the Northen America, possibly even the whole world. And no rocket hit nuketown it would be completely gone, just its small meteors hitting it. Also with green run, if a rocket hit it it would be completly gone... Its just small meteors slowly destroying the place. So you are completely wrong with that.

And also i did not understand what are you trying to say at all :P Just tried to tell you that.

actually yes a rocket did hit Nuketown when you get a gameover you see the rocket hit

Actually, Shi No Numa had a large 115 meteor sitting outside the map that the characters would comment on when you interacted with it. If a missle delivered this missle to Shi No Numa, then it's likely to have taken out the whole area, because we're talking about a HUGE meteor.

Also Nuketown is a nuke testing site, you also here radios from the Moon Easter Egg while playing, and there's a huge mushroom cloud in the sky when you start up the map.

Pretty sure it's a rocket.

"But how would four people survive a rocket hitting the map"

Well, they didn't, maybe they were sent to investigate. Maybe they were there to drag Marlton out of the bunker. We can't be sure yet.

But, yeah, pretty sure it was a rocket at Nuketown.

We all.... no?!

Where.... be da!?

Learn to spell...

What have you been smoking???? Have you even played Nuketown? (ultimate face palm). JK, but really?

Anyway if you think about it, our current timeline (as of moon ee), would have completely froze humanity in its tracks. Green Run could take place in 2025 for all we know. Don't even try this Marlton stuff on me, he's in the bunker on Nuketown, so what? Time Travel is a key part of the storyline, and who says Marlton didn't travel back in time at a later date to collect something from the Bunker? The characters seem to have a decent idea of survival, so they could have been doing this for a while.

Sorry if this is a bit long. Feel free to s**t on my theory but don't just forget it.

Nuketown was based in the 1960's. Nuketown Zombies is based off Nuketown. Nuketown Zombies is based during Moon. This means that Moon was somewhere in the 1960's.

Nope... Because Five happens at the same time as Assension, and one quote from richtofen says: We must have gone too far into da future in COTD, the map after Assension...

But how do you know CotD is after Accention? I know it came out after Accention, but that doesn't mean it happened first.

Treyarch told us that Nacht Der Untoten was the second zombie outbreak, but it was the first map. They're not always given out in order.

Also, the moon easter egg is happening during Nuketown. Would nuclear testing still be going on during 2025? I find it hard to believe. Nuclear testing did go on in the 1960's though.

Im just going to point out NONE of us can prove anyone correct! And it's going to stay that way until trayarch gives us more info,..

Also cotd happens after Assension because richtofen doesn't have his rod, it's shown he has it in shangri la, but not Assension... So therefor, it is before COTD...

And nact was the first outbreak I beleive... Where did you hear was the first?

And as for nukelear testing... Why not? They could have stumbled upun a new type of element (115) and attempted nukelar research on it... Leading to zombies..

Strike that last edit..., wrong information...

I like to think that Moon takes place in the 60's and if that was so, Green Run would have to be in the 80's (because Maxis said he was searching for survivors for "decades" which would have to be at least 20 years). I'm not sure about you guys, but buildings don't look at futuristic at all. I'm pretty sure that this also takes place in the 80's. But all in all, did you guys expect a more damaged environment in these maps (Green Run, Die Rise, Nuketown) after getting hit by three super-powerful missiles. After all, we thought the Earth was actually destroyed after that.

Also, if you point to the elevators in being futuristic, if you look those are the developers screens. Another view of the same shaft shows it darker and normal, with more texture on the walls.

TEDD mentions the HAARP Research Station, which wasn't built until 1993. Marlton also demonstrates knowledge of 2025-era weaponry, not to mention the futuristic underground facilities beneath Green Run. Also, CotD appears to be set in the 2000s, and the radio on Shangri-La is made by ANDO, a media company that was created in 2004. If Moon and up were to take place in the 60s/80s, it would mean that CotD and Shangri-La would never have occurred and Richtofen wouldn't have retrieved the Focusing Stone and Vril Generator. Might just be a continuity error on Treyarch's part, but I believe that we're in the 2000s right now.

As for CotD following Ascension, Takeo mentions Lunar Landers in Shangri-La, which is confirmed to take place after CotD, thus confirming CotD came after Ascension (Dempsey also mentions Gersch in CotD). Also, why would three be no nuclear tests just because it's the modern age?

I like to think that Moon takes place in the 60's and if that was so, Green Run would have to be in the 80's (because Maxis said he was searching for survivors for "decades" which would have to be at least 20 years). I'm not sure about you guys, but buildings don't look at futuristic at all. I'm pretty sure that this also takes place in the 80's. But all in all, did you guys expect a more damaged environment in these maps (Green Run, Die Rise, Nuketown) after getting hit by three super-powerful missiles. After all, we thought the Earth was actually destroyed after that.

Also, if you point to the elevators in being futuristic, if you look those are the developers screens. Another view of the same shaft shows it darker and normal, with more texture on the walls.

TEDD mentions the HAARP Research Station, which wasn't built until 1993. Marlton also demonstrates knowledge of 2025-era weaponry, not to mention the futuristic underground facilities beneath Green Run. Also, CotD appears to be set in the 2000s, and the radio on Shangri-La is made by ANDO, a media company that was created in 2004. If Moon and up were to take place in the 60s/80s, it would mean that CotD and Shangri-La would never have occurred and Richtofen wouldn't have retrieved the Focusing Stone and Vril Generator. Might just be a continuity error on Treyarch's part, but I believe that we're in the 2000s right now.

As for CotD following Ascension, Takeo mentions Lunar Landers in Shangri-La, which is confirmed to take place after CotD, thus confirming CotD came after Ascension (Dempsey also mentions Gersch in CotD). Also, why would three be no nuclear tests just because it's the modern age?

And the international OWNED award goes to... :lol: