Zombie buffs?

Technicuddle

Just wanted to throw in, that you do not have to behave as dumb as an AI zombie ;) Infected and stuff showed, that it is surprisingly well possible to flank and hit a gunned player as the dummy zombie.

Too true, but you should note that we are slouching and whacking, And we certainly don't have any throwing knives as zombies. :mrgreen: also the current lobby limit is 8 so that means a Max of 7 enemies. Unless they expand it to 16 for this mode. This wouldn't be too hard since the reason the limit was 8 was to compensate for the amount of data flowing with dozens of zombie AIs for which to accommodate. since there are no AIs in turned (or so it seems) they won't need that compensation and will be able to simply have larger lobbies. Then the only alteration to the player controlled zombies would be the 3rd person model and brains. Hmm.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's to say "Round 1" ? As far as we know, there could be NO rounds at all. Afterall, it is a type of "survival" variant, as in the human has to survive through infinite mumbers of zombies.

My question though; will there be an ammo count ? By this I mean needing to RELOAD AND MAX AMMO, sort of like in waw hacks, where you had infinite bullets in ONE clip.

Thoughts ?

Who's to say "Round 1" ? As far as we know, there could be NO rounds at all. Afterall, it is a type of "survival" variant, as in the human has to survive through infinite mumbers of zombies.

My question though; will there be an ammo count ? By this I mean needing to RELOAD AND MAX AMMO, sort of like in waw hacks, where you had infinite bullets in ONE clip.

Thoughts ?

Maybe the weapons will be limited to like the olympia and M14? In this case I think the reload is what gives balance. Otherwise you could just hide in the corner with an Olympia and be immortal. The lower damage but higher mag size and faster reload of the M14 make it more or less favorable to some players. If ammo and reloading weren't a factor then the Olympia would be the clear winner. So I don't really know about all that. I suspect that basic gun mechanics will go unchanged.

It's not the human player glowing orange...It's the CDCs yellow hazmat suit...

Either way you CAN clearly see the human player through a wall in Diner.

No? He's inside the diner with the zombie, the dark color scheme makes it seem as if the zombie has orange vision when he does not.

Just watched the trailer again. He's for sure seeing through the wall.

He's right; you can see very vividly through objects and walls. No hide and seek games here, friendo.

I thought that was pretty obvious... First thing I noticed watching the trailer. If it's the survivor's task to kill all the Zombie controlled players in a "round", then I'm definitely running away from him the whole time. /troll

I think it will kind of be like gun game. When u kill a zombie you get a better gun, maybe if u can get a streak, you get a perk or something. But everytime you kill a zombie, all of the zombies become stronger and faster. But im not sure about the guns switching because the only gun i saw was the olympia. But i think it would make it nice and even gameplay.

I think it will kind of be like gun game. When u kill a zombie you get a better gun, maybe if u can get a streak, you get a perk or something. But everytime you kill a zombie, all of the zombies become stronger and faster. But im not sure about the guns switching because the only gun i saw was the olympia. But i think it would make it nice and even gameplay.

The human in the trailer gets several consecutive kills with the Olympia and their gun remains the same so I doubt it.

XxJason LivesxX wrote:

He's right; you can see very vividly through objects and walls. No hide and seek games here, friendo.

^Thank you. I was getting tired of watching people talk about stuff they don't know about. I was wondering how long he was gonna say "Nuh-Uuuh!" At least double check to see if you are wrong first...

From the 'playable Human' perspective, I think the trick will be trying to figure out which Zombies are 'player controlled' & which zombies are A1.

It may not have rounds & is just an endless wave of zombies (max 24?) You'll want to stay as human the longest so you target the 'playable' zombies first.

Points will be awarded for whoever stays 'playable human' the longest & whoever gets the most kills as a zombie.

How about this?

Human:

zombie kills award normal points

Player controlled zombie's award 250 points.

Zombies:

Human kills award 500 points and makes you human

250p for lethal strike to human controlled zombie? I think that gives bit too much points. For example if you can get automatic gun, there is no need to maximize point gaining (i.e. shooting X times then knife) if you get 250p for lethal strike to any part of body.

I think that not knowing which is a zombie and which is a player will make this more difficult. Smart players will make themselves seem like computer controled zombies by doing what is expected, and then lunge out during a good moment. Zombies are easy now because we know who they will react to our movements.

+1. And I thought trolling in grief was good. Now I can't wait!

makes sense really. the games AI "knows" where you are all the time. although it seems improbable or very hard, a human could possibly get on a good break and duck in a corner where you as the zombies would have a hard time finding them.