Why The Crew is in China

Flammenwerfer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all great finds! I still wonder how they got to China though, usually we know don't we?

well when we went from Der Riese to Kino - it was teleportation. pretty much all the maps in Black Ops were from teleportation. so i'm thinking, it probably has something to do with teleporting.

we know American's have teleporters. we have them in Five, and (in more of a magical sense) we have them in Green Run. Perhaps after completing ToB - our new crew simply jumped under a light post and it brought them to China. Kind of like in BO, it teleported them to where they NEEDED to go.

there is no way to know until we play Die Rise. But by the looks of the trailer, there may be a cut scene. hopefully it will provide some explanation.

These are all great finds! I still wonder how they got to China though, usually we know don't we?

well when we went from Der Riese to Kino - it was teleportation. pretty much all the maps in Black Ops were from teleportation. so i'm thinking, it probably has something to do with teleporting.

we know American's have teleporters. we have them in Five, and (in more of a magical sense) we have them in Green Run. Perhaps after completing ToB - our new crew simply jumped under a light post and it brought them to China. Kind of like in BO, it teleported them to where they NEEDED to go.

there is no way to know until we play Die Rise. But by the looks of the trailer, there may be a cut scene. hopefully it will provide some explanation.

Here's my theory that I made in another thread.

Remember how the power of the DG-2 teleported the O4 to the future? Well my theory is similar to that.

I'm guessing the crew "supercharged" a lamp post teleporter by killing "Him" (the electrical fellow) near one, and perhaps having Richtofen/Maxis somewhat direct even more power to it via the pylon. Although our electric friend isn't as powerful as the Wunderwaffe, it's possible that harnessing its power with a teleporter created a similar effect, except instead of teleporting over an amount of years, it teleported the crew over a large distance.

Remember how the power of the DG-2 teleported the O4 to the future? Well my theory is similar to that.

I'm guessing the crew "supercharged" a lamp post teleporter by killing "Him" (the electrical fellow) near one, and perhaps having Richtofen/Maxis somewhat direct even more power to it via the pylon. Although our electric friend isn't as powerful as the Wunderwaffe, it's possible that harnessing its power with a teleporter created a similar effect, except instead of teleporting over an amount of years, it teleported the crew over a large distance.

lol I didn't even SEE this. great minds think alike, as they say.

I'm going to add on here, some people are trying to relate the actual 'Tower of Babel' from the bible.

Well I googled the definition of babel and here's what I found:

A confused noise, typically that made by a number of voices.

Perhaps this has something to do with linking another tower and trying to re-communicate with someone...or...something...

The reason this whole EE is the ToB in the first place is because the original tower was constructed by the Babylonians to converse with God and learn all the languages of the world. Black Ops 2 uses this biblical idea and claim that Maxis and Rictofen are Gods conversing with the characters (Babylonians) to get them and do their bidding.

What exactly do they want? We don't know yet, but that is the correlation between the game and the Bible.

I have something to say, that might counter this theory..

If the tower was the tallest structure from 1994-'07, that means it can't possibly be in Zombies mode, since the apocalypse began somewhere in the 60's - 70's, no? Unless the Chinese were safe until past '94 (which would allow them to build this tower), this doesn't really make sense.

Just a thought.

I'm not ready to call them 'the crew' yet. It's too soon.

I just call them the Tranzit crew (them only being in Tranzit mode) or the T4 for short. The original crew or the O4 is what I called Dempsey and the gang. I'm hoping for an 8p Tranzit map with the T4 and O4 together.

Off topic: I am really excited and glad we have the Tranzit crew again. It's good to see we are getting new fleshed out characters, more people to learn about again (even though we hardly know much about the Original crew). I'm excited and hoping we learn Russman's first (or last) name, maybe a bit more about Marlton and Nuketown, more of Samuel's experiences and thoughts. But most importantly, Misty and her background/what new quotes she'll have.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Teleportation has always been a huge thing in the storyline since Der Riese, and some people forget that the Denizens are our own little teleporters. So it's entirely possible they could be used to travel to Die Rise.

Off topic: I am really excited and glad we have the Tranzit crew again. It's good to see we are getting new fleshed out characters, more people to learn about again (even though we hardly know much about the Original crew). I'm excited and hoping we learn Russman's first (or last) name, maybe a bit more about Marlton and Nuketown, more of Samuel's experiences and thoughts. But most importantly, Misty and her background/what new quotes she'll have.

Perhaps we're all getting it wrong, and his name is Russ(ell) Mann? :lol:

I have something to say, that might counter this theory..

If the tower was the tallest structure from 1994-'07, that means it can't possibly be in Zombies mode, since the apocalypse began somewhere in the 60's - 70's, no? Unless the Chinese were safe until past '94 (which would allow them to build this tower), this doesn't really make sense.

Just a thought.

Well it's either that, or the timeline is set post 2011. ;)

EDIT: Alright, I know the timeframe for this next entry doesn't fit the whole 60's/70's era, but I think it's worth a mention.

Take a look at one of the towers from the Zhoushan Island Overhead Powerline Tie, located in Damao, China.

Look familiar? It should, because it's literally an electrical pylon. Plus, Damao is further east than Shanghai, sitting on an island.

Here's the quote from Wikipedia.

The Zhoushan Island Overhead Powerline Tie is a 220 kV three phase AC interconnection of the power grid of Zhoushan Island with that of the Chinese mainland. It runs over several islands and consist of several long distance spans, the longest with a length of 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi) south of Damao Island. This span uses two 370 metres (1,214 ft) tall pylons, which are the tallest electricity pylons in the world. The north tower on Damao Island (大猫岛) was completed in 2009, and the south tower on Liangmao Island (凉帽岛) was completed in 2010. These pylons resemble those of the Messina Strait, but are steel tube lattice structures.

When was it built Flammen?

Also, lots of good stuff here. I have to wonder how long the devs have been planning everything out. Those Moon pictures show me that this whole design had been decided before they released Rezzurection. This also makes you wonder how long they've known the O4 wouldn't return and how long they took developing these characters. The T4(I like that) seem like just another group of people that we grab along the way and use until we get back to the O4, but it seems the devs don't want this to be the case. And Marlton being in Nuketown isn't just thrown in there for fun. I've always known the zombie devs to be sly, secretive, and very smart in what they do. If they've been planning an trichotomous system since Black Ops, I have to wonder what their plans are for these characters and their significance.

One last thing that came to mind. I, and some others I hope, wondered how they would create these TranZit maps continuously for four map packs. That's a lot of work to do in a normal DLC cycle. I saw in a Black Ops interview that they had about 2-3 weeks to put a map together. I wonder if Lamia and crew gave them much more time preseason to get all their maps started on and worked on. In other words, could Green Run have been completed in August and Die Rise already been started. I figure that's the only way they could get this large of maps all in there in time for the DLC.

Okay I feel I got off topic somewhere haha. #rantover

Where each nuke hit. Genius.

Yes! Which makes me think...does Nuketown have a stronger bearing on the story than we think?

Well we know that one rocket hit Nuketown, since the end trailer and by the looks from it, one looks to have hit near Greenrun, It also goes along with the pattern, and location of Nuketown and Greenrun on the zombie world loading screen. I also remember seeing a picture, that i believe is a piece of paper in WaW, and it having two radio towers and a Nuke... So we have Greenrun, Nuketown and maybe China :/... I think its a good theory, and after china, one of the two's 'master plan' will be compete