So Die Rise Is Set In Far East....

Well we finally got the trailer for Revolution and man does it look awesome. Even cooler is the new game-mode, as it was not mentioned before, except for in the coding. This is not what I am here to talk about though. I am more interested in how the new crew got here... ;)

They were in Hanford, WA. USA during Green Run, leading me to believe that they had to take a boat of some sort. Either direction they traveled would require them to take a boat or a plane. I believe a boat would be a little more reasonable, as none of the characters reference being pilots. They don't reference being captains either, but I feel it would be a little easier.

The other option is teleportation. The denizens were capable of moving the crew around the map, so who is to say the crew couldn't teleport to the far east? I'm not sure what could cause this though. In previous maps, the old crew was able to overload the teleporters, or Richtofen was able to alter them. I'm not sure how you could alter a denizen hole... :?

Either the crew was able to overload the denizen holes, or they somehow got the bus to take them to a boatyard/airport.

I really think this map is going to give us a better idea of zombies this time around. Green Run wasn't a fluke at all, but it lacked a lot of the things we were hoping for. Honestly I couldn't list any, but it just felt like it was lacking.

In this one it seems like we are in for a real challenge. Having Treyarch themselves say that it reminds them of a M. C. Escher painting, and the player at some points will have trouble telling up from down, makes me very excited. I am all for mazes and feeling lost in the middle of zombies. It raises the bar for being scared of one popping out of nowhere at the right moment.

The next thing I would have to ask is where in the far east? The Amazon description said China, but should I trust that? I honestly don't know. If it is China, I am interested to see what happened to the opposite side of the globe. We know all three missles hit on this side of the globe, because Nuketown was hit. On the Moon, we could see clearly that all three missles hit one side of the globe. This means that in theory, the fog shouldn't be as bad, though if the impact was bad enough to spread fog to Washington, who's to say it couldn't reach China?

So I leave you with that.

What is your opinion?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a mode of transport in this map i think. I know you're saying boat/plane, but what about a helicopter? Like the poster showed? Going to each floor in a helicopter would be great!

But since your talking about vehicles, do you think there's gonna be Tranzit elements? You've been here longer than me Death so i value your opinion.

Remember how the power of the DG-2 teleported the O4 to the future? Well my theory is similar to that.

I'm guessing the crew "supercharged" a lamp post teleporter by killing "Him" (the electrical fellow) near one, and perhaps having Richtofen/Maxis somewhat direct even more power to it via the pylon. Although our electric friend isn't as powerful as the Wunderwaffe, it's possible that harnessing its power with a teleporter created a similar effect, except instead of teleporting over an amount of years, it teleported the crew over a large distance.

Also, I believe they are in Shanghai. ;)

I could see how "Him" could supercharge the lamp posts. It actually makes since if you think about it. Denizen's only have the power to create teleporters for traveling around Green Run and not time. This would mean that when the supercharge it, it would simply increase the range or distance, and not the year. I like it.

May I ask why you think it is ShangHai?

@Rage: I don't think they got there by helicopter because there would be a fifth player in the next map, as there is no helicopter on Green Run and someone would have there and pick the new crew up. It's a nice thought though. I think you are probably correct about the helicopter being our next form of transportation in Die Rise.

I could see how "Him" could supercharge the lamp posts. It actually makes since if you think about it. Denizen's only have the power to create teleporters for traveling around Green Run and not time. This would mean that when the supercharge it, it would simply increase the range or distance, and not the year. I like it.

May I ask why you think it is ShangHai?

@Rage: I don't think they got there by helicopter because there would be a fifth player in the next map, as there is no helicopter on Green Run and someone would have there and pick the new crew up. It's a nice thought though. I think you are probably correct about the helicopter being our next form of transportation in Die Rise.

I believe it to be Shanghai because of this.