When do alternative killing methods work?

Hi

I'm tumbling over those alternative killing methods:

[*:2jxe474r]Kill zombies by bus
    [*:2jxe474r]Go far away (teleport)
    [*:2jxe474r]Turn on power

The basic thought is, that when they took damage, they die, otherwise they respawn. So far so good. I think the following facts are true:

[*:2jxe474r]Crawlers die
    [*:2jxe474r]armless die
    [*:2jxe474r]Full health zombies respawn

The problem that I have is now located at the damaged, but still good looking zombies.

:arrow: I can shoot a Zomb in Round 8 once with the MTAR in the chest, taking away maybe 10% of his health, and he dies. Shooting a zomb in Round 14 with the MTAR will, however, let him alive. So I assume, that it needs a certain amount of damage done, to kill a zombie.

:arrow: But I can shoot a zombie 14 times with the M1911 in Round 2, taking away like 95% of his health, and he respawns too. I mean, how should I find a boundary for the damage it needs for a zombie to die with those measurements??

Now it comes:

:arrow: Round 18, Galil, 2 zombies. One one chest shot, one two chest shtos. Teleport. One respawns. Two chest shots --> he survived. Made him armless --> survived. So what the hell???

Is my assumption correct, that all the 3 methods work the same way? And if there were like Ascension Landers to kill zombies, they would also work the same way?

Does anyone know more about this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought damaged zombies do not respawn. But after seeing your post, I started thinking...

Slightly damaged zombies (the ones on fire from walking on lava) can still respawn if I'm not mistaken, so I agree with your assumption that it needs a certain amount of damage to not respawn.

I noticed the last zombie of the round does not turn into a sprinter until rounds 4 and up. My guess: maybe before round 4, even if you take away 95% of their health they will still respawn?

Round 18, Galil, 2 zombies. One one chest shot, one two chest shtos. Teleport. One respawns. Two chest shots --> he survived. Made him armless --> survived. So what the hell???

It's strange that the zombie you made armless still survived after you teleported. The ones I've seen (crawlers, armless) always die when you go too far away. This one's a head scratcher.

Another guess:

Maybe there were more than 2 zombies left. Sometimes I thought there were 2-3 zombies left, then after I kill them the round doesn't end because there were 2 others out of sight that were walking very very slowly. So when you damaged a zombie and teleported, then another zombie respawned, maybe the damaged one actually died and the one that respawned was another undamaged zombie?

I wish I could give you more than guesses, but that's all I have at this time. :)

Hey Tom, good thread :)

So I have also tested these alternative methods of killing and have found a few thing that you may find helpful.

First thing you need to know is that:

New area respawner (teleporting) and alternative methods of killing (Bus, power) are NOT the same thing

-When you run or teleport to a new area zombies will die when they are arm less or crawler's as you said.

-When you kill a zombie with a alternative method, you only have to damage the zombie for it to die. Ex/ you shoot a zombie with the m1911 at round 50, that zombie then gets hit by the bus. It dies, not respawns.

I know a few people that have gotten to round 50+ with less than 1000 kills because all they did is make the horde all crawlers then run into the fog, far enough so that they all die then run back.

Also there is one way of killing zombies without really killing zombie at anytime and at any round. Very few people know about this but you can actually use the spawn room as a trap ;) As soon as you leave the room via turbine and the doors shut, all zombie inside will respawn (or die if damaged). Proof -

I also made a strategy that used this but never tried to refine it because I could not see a practical use for it =/ The Jetgun strategy is much faster than this ever will be. The only real uses for this is to get higher on the leaderboards but... ever since the last patch me and most of my friends can not open the leaderboards without it crashing the game.... Now, I also thought of using this on xbox to get #1 but... since there is a glitch to make the turbine and trap un breakable. I would get the record only to then be beaten by some guy that sets up his trap then goes to bed for the night......

So hopefully this helps and just try to ignore my negativity towards Blops2 :P

@5and5:

So, the Bus kills everything that has taken just a bit of damage, for example one M1911 Shot in Round 50 will let a zombie die?

And fully healthed still respawn, right?

About the porting: I also managed to kill damaged zombies by teleporting:

www.toms-veranstaltungstechnik.ch/zombi ... wners2.avi

So what is then exactly the difference? Or in other words, under what circumstances will a zombie die that has taken damage, when you go far away?

@Piggy: Yes, the armless is indeed taking my mind away. Check the following video. Yeah, it can always happen that a slow zombie is hiding somewhere - might have been the case for the first teleport. But after I stopped recording, I killed the last one there and round ended. So it was definitely the last one there.

www.toms-veranstaltungstechnik.ch/zombi ... awners.avi

If this is some weird exception or something, I could live with it, as long as we have something like a general rule that is valid for most teleport-kills ;)

@5and5:

So, the Bus kills everything that has taken just a bit of damage, for example one M1911 Shot in Round 50 will let a zombie die?

And fully healthed still respawn, right?

Yes, im 100% sure of it.

As for new area respawner, I think you have to do more than 50% of there health (just a thought, no proof). Even if this is true I still don't see any practical uses for know this. If you are trying to get higher on the learderboard it would be much easier to make crawlers than it would be to get every zombie in the horde to half health.